U2 Connect is a very reputable home internet company that prides itself in offering reliable connection and powerful secure internet among other incredible services. If you are a consumer of this company, the good news is that you can also get a free tablet from it. This carrier offers free tablets to all qualified households through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Once you qualify for this program, this company will offer you not only a free tablet but also free high-speed internet services, in-home WIFI services with no hidden fees and no contract. Now that you know it’s possible to get a free tablet from U2C, you might be wondering, how do I get started? Worry not because we have made this comprehensive guide for you. Herein, we shall discuss thoroughly on how to apply for U2 Connect Now ACP free tablet, requirements, and documents needed among other relatable topics. Read the latter and know how to get started!
Ways to Get U2 Connect Now ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) Free Tablet 2023
As we have mentioned above, U2 connect offers a free tablet to qualified households through the affordable connectivity program. Although it’s said that U2C offers free ACP tablets, please note that these tablets are not completely free. To be precise, you will have to part with $10.01 upfront free to get a free tablet from U2C. With that in mind, let’s now discuss various ways to get U2 Connect ACP tablet in the section below:
U2 Connect Now ACP program
To get a free U2C free tablet, you must be enrolled to the company’s ACP program. Also known as Affordable Connectivity Program, this is a FCC platform that offers free or discounted internet services and devices to all qualified households through participating carriers. Fortunately, U2 Connect is now an ACP participating carrier and through it, you will get a discounted tablet for only $10.01. Once you receive your free tablet, U2 Connect now ACP program will also give you free access to their high-speed internet services under zero contract.
Eligibility for U2 Connect Now ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) Free Tablet
To get U2 Connect ACP free tablet, must meet ACP eligibility requirements. Here’s how to qualify:
- You are considered eligible for U2C Now ACP free tablet if your household income is below the federal poverty guideline. To be precise, you qualify if your total household income is below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
- You are also considered eligible if you participate in any government’s non-tribal assistance programs. There are programs like: Federal Public Housing Assistance, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit and Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children.
- You are also considered if you participate in any government’s tribal assistance programs. These are programs like: Tribal Head Start, food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- If you have received a Pell grant in the current academic year, you are also considered eligible for a free tablet.
- Are you are a beneficiary of the Free and Reduced-Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program including at the USDA Community of Eligibility Provision Schools? You are also considered eligible for a free tablet from this company.
Documents required when applying for U2 Connect Now Free Tablet through ACP
To get U2 Connect Now free tablet through ACP, you are also required to attach documents to show proof that you have met the above requirements. Besides, you should attach your personal and address documents. Here is a list of all the documents required:
- Your government-issued, state, military, or Tribal ID
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S citizenship
- U.S. driver’s license
- Permanent resident card
- Your program’s statement of benefits
- Your program’s approval letter
- Your program’s benefit verification letter or Benefit award letter
- paycheck stub
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
- Current income statement from your employer
- Your prior year’s state, Tribal, or Federal tax return
Application Procedure for U2 Connect Now Free Tablet Through ACP
Do you meet any of the requirements discussed above? Do you have all your documents ready? Time is now ripe for applying for your U2C free tablet. Here is the procedure to follow:
1st step: Confirm qualification and apply for the affordable connectivity program
2nd step: Claim your benefits
3rd step: Receive your free tablet and other attached benefits to your address.
Now steps to sign up for the U2 Connect Now ACP program and claim the free tablet offer
In this section, we shall discuss a detailed procedure on how to sign up for the U2 Connect Now ACP program and how to claim your free tablet. Come with us!
Step-by-step guide for signing up
To get a free tablet from this carrier, you must sign up for ACP program. You can sign for ACP online through their official website or use mail application. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to sign up:
Signing up online:
1st step: “https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/” on this, click “apply now”
2nd step: You will be redirected to ACP application page. Here, fill the form available by providing the required personal information.
3rd step: Attach eligibility and personal documents as discussed above.
4th step: Hit “submit” button and wait for approval from the lifeline national verifier.
5th step: Get approval and contact U2 Connect for your free tablet.
Signing up through mail
1st step: Visit “https://affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf”, download, and print and fill your application form.
2nd step: Visit “https://affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf”, download and fill the form
3rd step: attach all the required documents
4th step: submit your documents to ACP support center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
5th step: Get approval from the national lifeline verifier within few business days.
Process for claiming the tablet
After getting approved for the ACP program, time is now ripe to claim your tablet. Once you claim your benefit, you will be able to save a lot on your new or existing internet plan. Follow these steps to claim your tablet:
Step 1: Visit U2C ACP page through this link “https://linktr.ee/u2cacp”
Step 2: On this page, tap “submit your application”
Step 3: You will be redirected to this page “https://apply.u2cmobile.com/BUYFLOW/” to sign up for U2Connect ACP internet plan. Please note that the carrier’s system will automatically enroll you.
Step 4: enter your ZIP code, email address and tap on “continue” to login to your U2Cmobile account.
Step 5: In your account, enter your personal information and attach eligibility proof
Step 6: Select your plans, preview your form and submit
Step7: U2C will approve your claim request immediately and ship your free tablet to your provided address
Activate U2 Connect Now ACP free tablet
Suppose you get a tablet from this carrier via its ACP facility, you need to activate it so that you can get connected. To activate the tablet, you just need to power on your device and the follow the on-screen prompts that you will see on this device. If you experience issues, you can contact U2C customer support team on 1-844-679-0909.
Suppose I do not qualify to get a U2C free tablet; what should I do
There are a number of reasons why you can be considered not qualified to get a free U2C tablet. For instance:
- If you no longer meet ACP eligibility requirements.
- If you have not used your ACP services for the last 30 days
- You will also be disqualified if you are an U2Connect prepaid internet customer, who has not refilled his 30-day services within the appropriate timing.
- If you do not live within U2C coverage areas
- If you are below 18 years
- If there is another free government tablet in your household
If you get disqualified, you should do the following:
- If you get disqualified because you live outside the carrier’s network coverage areas, move to a location within their coverage. You can also locate other ACP carriers that offer services in your location and apply for a free tablet.
- If you get disqualified because you no longer qualify for ACP, then you should look for other alternative ways of getting a free tablet. For instance, try non-profit organizations, ask for help from your local church or look for special tablet deals from carriers and retailers near you.
Benefits of the U2 Connect Now ACP program, including the free tablet
Once you receive your U2 Connect free tablet, you will be able to enjoy a number of additional benefits. These are:
- You will enjoy free high-speed internet service
- You will access in-home WIFI services.
- Another benefit of these services is that they have no hidden fees
- Their services have no contracts
- You can quit or cancel the services with no penalty.
Comparison of the U2 Connect Now ACP program with other providers
There are a number of similarities between U2 Connect Now ACP program and other providers. For example, you must come from a low income household or participate in any federal assistance programs before receiving benefits from these programs.
However, there are a number of differences between U2 Connect ACP program and other providers. For example:
- From U2C, you get unlimited internet access while some providers have limited data bundles.
- Another difference is that U2C ACP has in-home WIFI services unlike other providers.
- Unlike other providers, U2C has fiber and rural internet. This allows customers both in rural and urban areas to enjoy fast internet services.
Testimonials from U2 Connect Now ACP program users
There are several positive testimonies and reviews that are given by U2Connect users in different platforms online. For instance, some customers have reviewed that this carrier’s ACP customer service is very efficient and reliable.
Other customers have reviewed that the carrier has friendly, solid, and kind technicians. Their technician are also punctual and always arrive within the appointment time when attending to any arising issues or delivering any sort of assistance.
For other customers, “I found the U2 Connect Now ACP program disorganized and poorly managed. There were frequent schedule changes and cancellations, which made it difficult to plan my time and attend important events. Additionally, the program seemed more focused on promoting U2 Connect Now’s brand than providing useful resources and guidance for participants. I felt like I had wasted my time and money on a program that didn’t deliver its promises.”
Again, it’s important to note that negative reviews can provide valuable feedback for improvement, and organizations should take the time to consider and address any concerns program participants raise carefully.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to receive the U2 Connect Now ACP free tablet?
After getting approved for U2C free tablet, the carrier starts mailing it to your address immediately. The tablet will then arrive at your address within a few business days. Please note that this depends on the distance between your home address and the U2C office.
What should I do if I experience issues with the U2 Connect Now ACP free tablet?
If you experience issues with U2C ACP free tablet, you should contact their customer support team. This is through the number 844-679-0909, every Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm eastern time.
Can I use the U2 Connect Now ACP free tablet for anything else besides the ACP program?
Yes, you can use your U2C tablet to contact or connect with your family or friends, attend virtual classrooms, attend online business meetings, attend online job meetings, and seek virtual healthcare services, among others.
Is there a cost associated with the U2 Connect Now ACP free tablet?
Yes. There is a cost associated with U2C Now ACP free tablet. However, the cost is very small and affordable. To be precise, you are required to pay $10.01 upfront cost before receiving your free tablet.
Is there a warranty for U2 Connect Now ACP Free Tablet?
No. In their terms and conditions, U2C has clearly indicated that all their devices, including free ACP tablets, are available without warranty.