Obtaining a high-quality smartphone without spending a lot of money is something that everyone wants. Many companies strive to offer great value to wireless communication. Tracfone is one of these companies that offers cost-effective monthly rates. The company provides a growing collection of handsets with their prepaid cellular services, including iPhones, Android phones, and affordable smartphones.
Users can also buy their unlocked smartphones and bring them to Tracfone compatible phones for them to be activated using the company’s BYOP program.
Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program allows consumers to buy their own phone and then activate it to be TracFone compatible phones. It’s a convenient way of choosing the type of phone you want while using TracFone’s inexpensive plans.
However, many people don’t know the available options. In this post, we’ll share the best TracFone compatible phones in the market.
Top 8 Best Phones Compatible With Tracfone
1. Nokia 6.1
The Nokia 6.1 is made from one block of aluminum, making it durable and stylish. The phone features a 5.5 inch full HD touchscreen made of Corning Gorilla Glass. It comes with a storage of 32GB, 3GB RAM, 16-megapixel rear camera, and operates on Android One.
For those who don’t know android One, it’s a pure version of Android OS that doesn’t come with additional clutter or apps. It’s a software and hardware technical standard offered by Google meant to provide consumers with consistent experiences.
- Perfect build quality
- It is made of excellent design
- It has a long battery life and standby times
- Bright display
- Unlike most smartphone that has dual cameras, this phone features only a single camera
- It has a nappy interface
- Non-competitive launch price
2. Apple iPhone SE
One of the primary reasons why many people are switching to the Bring Your Own Phone program is to use iPhone with Tracfone services. In the recent past, TracFone began offering multiple iPhones comprising 6 Plus, 6, and SE. They also offer the iPhone 7.
The iPhone SE is a compact gadget that comes with extraordinary internal performance. It comes with a small 4 inches retina display and interior features aligned with the iPhone 6S. These specs include the A9 processor, 64 GB storage, and 12-megapixel rear camera.
Search for this iPhone in leading retail shops and also online sites like eBay and Amazon. Ensure you get unlocked type phones that are compatible with TracFone services in your area.
- It is cheap and affordable to purchase with no contract
- Supports iOS13
- A high-quality rare camera that supports 4K video
- Vast 4G/LTE speed internet support
- Stunning and high resolution 4” Retina display
- Comes with a lightweight and sleek construction with easy to hold sides
- Not durable like other iPhones in the 6S series
- The small size might be hard to hold for users with huge hands
- Doesn’t have the 3D touch support
3. Google Pixel 3a
This is a perfect unlocked phone that features a cool 12-megapixel rear camera, a full HD touchscreen of 5.6 inches, storage of 64 GB and 4GB RAM. Additionally, the phone features a processor of 1.7 GHz.
It operates on Android 9.0 Pie with less software and apps included. The most exciting part is that the smartphone is compatible with CDMA and GSM networks.
- It offers a great display
- Offers excellent performance
- Durable battery life
- Comes with clean UI with continuous updates
- Outdated design with plastic structure
- Non-dust and waterproof
- Doesn’t have wireless charging
4. Motorola G6/Motorola G6 Play
As the 6th generation of a well-versed series of smartphones that provides excellent value at an affordable price. The phone comes with a 5.7-inch touchscreen, an octa-core processor of 1.8 GHz, 32 storage, 3GB RAM, and two rare cameras. The phone comes with the latest android operating system (8.0 Oreo), and it’s compatible with CDMA and GSM networks.
It also features other great features. The Motorola G6 is available at $150, and this makes it the most affordable option. If you intend to save some cash, and you don’t want the performance of the G6, but you need a long-lasting battery, the G6 Play is the best option. It comes with a durable battery of 4000 mAh. It features the same features as the G6.
- Great EIS for videos
- Dual rear camera with low-light and daylight shots
- Its portrait modes create excellent photos
- Stunning selfies
- Sizable screen with decent performance and high resolution
- Beautiful glass body and water-resistant coating
- Greasy body
- Battery life is below average
- Doesn’t have 4K video recording
- Lower chipset performance.
5. Moto G7
This is the newest in the Moto G series of affordable smartphones. It comes with a large full HD touchscreen of 6.2 inches, an octa-core processor, two rear cameras, 64GB storage, and 4GB RAM. The phones operate on Android 9.0 Pie and continue to get updates for many years. The handset supports both CDMA and GSM networks.
The Moto G7 has gained tremendous popularity due to its price, performance, and versatility. The smartphone has the ability to take great videos and photos, can handle the latest apps and games, and can run all day when fully charged.
- User-friendly design
- Runs on the newest Android 9.0 Pie
- Exciting Moto customization
- FM radio, Micro SD slot, and headphone jack
- The GPU is underpowered
- Poor 4K video
- Unreliable battery life and unimpressive standby times
6. Samsung Galaxy A50
The Samsung Galaxy A50 comes with a stunning 6.4 inch HD screen. This makes it the best option for users who need a good phone at an affordable price. It features an Octa-core processor, 4GB RAM, android 9.0 pie, 4000 mAh battery, and 64GB storage.
The phone features three rear cameras, 5MP, 8MP, and 25MP for capturing blurry background portrait mode photos and a 25MP front camera.
Samsung Galaxy A50 comes with a great design, excellent display, and perfect performance. However, it’s compatible with the GSM network only. So, make sure you check if it works in your area.
- Solid construction with beautiful paint job
- Perfect 6.4 inches AMOLED
- A versatile camera that takes excellent photos during daytime
- Reliable battery life
- Not water resistance
- Poor quality speakers
- Requires third-party app to capture 4k video
7. Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro
Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro is one of the best smartphones that are compatible with TracFone wireless. It comes with 5.5 inches full HD touchscreen and a resolution of 720 by 1280 for clear and vibrant images. The handset runs on a processor of 1.4GHz and a RAM of 2GB.
It features an internal storage of 16GB and a micro SD slot if you need more storage space. The phone features a long-lasting battery of 3300mAh. Lastly, it has an 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera.
- Clear and vibrant images
- Durable battery life
- Larger screen
- Low storage space
8. Alcatel OneTouch Tracfone
This is one of the famous phone models that are always overlooked. It has a 5” display screen ideal for playing games or watching. It operates on Android 4.4.2 and a processor of 1.2GHz. The phone features 1GB RAM and a 4GB storage space.
It comes with a 3MP front and 5MP rear camera for clear shots. It has a 2000mAh battery that offers up to ten hours of talk time.
- Can be used on a single hand
- A fast processor
- Larger display.
- Doesn’t have phone updates
- Can’t support over 32GB SD cards
- The Best Tracfone Phones For Seniors
- How To Work Triple Minutes With TracFone
- Tracfone Bring Your Own Phone Without Any Contracts
What You Need To Know About Tracfone Bring Your Own Phone Program
This program allows you to bring your smartphone and have a chance to enjoy the TracFone services. This means you can use your current handset and run this via the cheap cellular plans offered by TracFone. You can as well buy a new unlocked smartphone that is designed to work with various phone companies. The BYOP program works for android and iPhone models.
BYOP means that you come with your smartphone or unlocked handset to TracFone to get TracFone’s services to your phone. This will allow your phone to make calls send messages, and access the internet depending on the kit you want to obtain. This is a quick and straightforward process that entails 3 steps:
- Verifying The Eligibility Of The Phone To This Program : First of all, ensure your phone is eligible for BYOP. According to Tracfone, eligible phones should be compatible with T-mobile, Verizon, AT&T, GSM, or CDMA technology.
- Choose The Right Sim : The moment you check the phone eligibility, you’ll need to select your preferred SIM or kit. They include bundles that offer 3G-4G along with airtime service plans. Take enough time when deciding to ensure you consider important things like area coverage, budget, and type of phone. The greatest advantage is that with Tracfone SIMS, u will never experience the most annoying things in your cell services like cancellation fees, activation fees, and overage fees.
- Activating Your Phone : This is the final stage whereby, you need to enable your selected sim card in your cell phone. For CDMA handsets, press on the Register CDMA and click Activate CDMA. They will later provide a text with more guidelines. For GSM handsets, you will click Activate GSM and update your ASPN settings. Once the installation is complete, you start enjoying the advantages of TracFone services.
Tracfone is the leading carrier for prepaid cellular phones in the US that provides a variety of alternatives for smartphones and plans. Nevertheless, the smartphone plans are the best deal, especially for those users who need extra talk time and data. It offers excellent performance by leveraging various mobile carriers. Tracfone offers superior speed and network coverage.