To connect to the internet effectively, you need connectivity devices, like tablet, phone. Although a large percentage of populace can afford tablets, certain percentage, especially low income users, can’t afford these devices. If you are a low income household in the state of Texas, worry not. This is because there are program in Texas state that are set to offer free tablet for low income qualified households.
These programs mainly target low income households, low income students, senior or the disabled. One of the most reliable Texas free tablet government program is the Specialized Telecommunications Assistance Program (STAP). The famous affordable connectivity program (ACP) also offers free tablets to qualified residents of Texas through selected service providers. Are you a Texas residence who is in need of a free tablet? This comprehensive guide will help you get started.
Free Tablet Program In Texas
As stated, STAP is one of the most reliable program that offers free tablets to residents of Texas, a state in the US. This program works by offering electronic devices free of charge once you apply and get approval. Note that to apply and get approval, you as an applicant must be accompanied by an approved certifier. Once approved, a voucher will be issued to a vendor and a free tablet will be delivered to you.
Besides STAP, ACP also offers free tablets to qualified residents in the state of Texas. This is a federal assistance program that offers discounts on broadband services and connectivity devices like tablets. Through this program, qualified residents of Texas will receive a discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet. Once you get your discount, you will contact your service provider and get your discounted tablets. Please note that not all ACP service providers offer services in Texas. Therefore, you must make sure that your provider of choice has services in your state.
However, to receive your free tablet from the two programs mentioned above, there are certain eligibility requirements to meet. Besides, you must attach eligibility documents to get approved for these programs. Keep reading this guide to know more about Texas free tablet program eligibility requirements.
Eligibility Requirements For Free Tablet Program In Texas
Just as mentioned, there are requirements to meet before getting approved for Texas free tablet programs. Please note that these two programs are independent with distinct qualification requirements. Let’s discuss each program’s requirements below:
- To qualify for STAP:
- Must be at least 5 years old
- Must be a Texas residence
- Should be disabled
- To qualify for ACP:
- You must come from a low income household whose total income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
- You also qualify if you are a beneficiary of the federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- If you participate in the national school lunch or school breakfast program.
- If you participate in tribal assistance program like Head Start, bureau of Indian affairs general assistance or tribal TANF
- You qualify of you participate in any federal assistance programs like Medicaid, SSI, EBT / SNAP or WIC.
Required Documents To Apply For Texas Free Tablet Program
To apply and get approved for Texas free tablet program, you should submit the following documents:
- Income prove documents likes: Pension or retirement statement of benefits, Paycheck stub, kids / child support award, worker’s compensation statement of benefits, federal, state or Tribal tax return
- Program proof documents like: Federal public housing assistance approval letter, Veterans pension and survivors benefits award letter, Head start verification letter.
- Identity documents like: driver’s license, state ID card, birth certificate or passport, voter registration card.
- Address documents like: utility bill
Steps To Apply For Texas Free Tablet Program
At this point, you already know that there are two programs in Texas that offer free tablets. To get your tablet from these programs however, you must meet eligibility requirements, fill an application form, submit and get approved. In this section, we shall discuss how to apply for both of these programs:
Apply STAP In Texas
The process of applying for STAP is very easy. All you need to do is make sure that you qualify for the program and provide all the required information. In fact, to apply for this program, you don’t need a social security number or any information regarding your income.
To apply for STAP, you should provide your first and last name, your date of birth, address and signature. You should also attach proof of residence in form of the following :
- Driver’s license
- State ID card
- Utility bill
- Voter registration card.
While applying for STAP, you should also present an approved certifier to sign the application. The certifier will sign all your application documents, to prove that you qualify for this program.
After signing, your application will submitted to the Austin STAP office. Afterwards, it will take up to 6 months to get approval. Once approved, a voucher will be issued to a specified tablet supplier and a free tablet will be delivered to your address.
Apply ACP In Texas
Similar to STAP, the process of applying for ACP is quite simple and straightforward. All you need to do is make sure you meet ACP eligibility requirements. Once you qualify, you can apply through the following process;
- Visit the affordable connectivity program website https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/ and click the hyperlinked word: “apply now”
- You will redirected to the national verifier site
- Provide all the information required so that you can find out whether you qualify for this program
- Provide your name, date of birth, identity verification, home address and then tap “ next”
- Follow prompts to finish your application.
- Attach all the required eligibility/ identity/ address proof documents and submit the form.
- After submitting the form, you will get an immediate approval from the national verifier
- After getting approval, select an eligible service provider that offers free tablet in the state of Texas. Through your selected provider, select a plan and get your free tablet.
If you don’t know what provider to select, worry no more. Thus is because in a section below, we have briefly discussed all providers that offer free tablets in Texas.
Providers That Offer Free Tablets In Texas
There are several ACP service providers but not all of them offer free government tablets. Also, not all providers offer free tabler in the State of Texas. Therefore, you should visit your selected provider’s coverage map and find out whether they have services in Texas, before signing up to their services. To avert all the struggle, we have brought you free tablet providers in Texas:
- Stand up wireless : Stand up wireless is one of the best and most reliable ACP service providers that offers discounted tablets all eligible low income households, including those in Texas. This company offers a discount of up to $100 to purchase a tablet after making an upfront payment of $10.01.
- Qlink wireless : After meeting ACP eligibility requirements, you can also receive a free tablet from this company. Qlink wireless guarantees ACP services across several states in the US, Texas included. After qualifying for ACP, Qlink offers you a one-time discount of $100 towards purchasing a tablet. The company also offers other models of tablets for only $10.01.
- AirTalk wireless : Airtalk wireless is another reliable service provider that offers discounted tablets to eligible low income households in Texas and other eligible states. Once you qualify for ACP, this carrier offers up to $100 discount towards purchasing your tablet after making a co-payment of at least $10. From the carrier, you will get free tablets like apple iPad air, Alcatel joy tab and Samsung galaxy tab S2.
- Cintex wireless : This is another reputable carrier that offers discounted tablets to low income households. The company offers their services in several state in America, including Texas. Once you qualify for ACP, cintex wireless offers a discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet. From cintex wireless, you can also get tablets like Alcatel Joy Tab or Samsung galaxy Tab S2 for only $10.01.
From Texas free tablet program, you will not only receive a free tablet but other benefits such as:
- Free unlimited calls & texts
- Free monthly data & hotspot services