Tempo Wireless is one of the reputable carriers that operate in the United States. Unlike other service providers, this one does not tie you to any contract once you subscribe to any of its cell phone plans. Also, you will not be subjected to any credit check for you to enjoy its cell phone services. With Tempo Wireless, you will not be charged any hidden fees. This goes a long way in allowing you to save more bucks in the long run. Besides these benefits, this carrier offers Lifeline program to all its eligible customers. With this program in place, you will not get a Tempo Wireless free government phone but will enjoy free cell phone services. Consequently, you will be able to save more on your communication costs. In this article, we shall discuss how you can get Tempo Wireless Lifeline free government phone program, any eligibility requirements that one should meet, and so much more!
Tempo Wireless Lifeline Free Government Phones Program
From the introduction, it is crystal clear that Tempo Wireless offers Lifeline program to all those customers who meet its eligibility requirements. Once you qualify for this program, you will be able to enjoy the following offers:
- 4.5 GB of mobile data
- Unlimited talk
- Unlimited Text
However, these offers can vary depending on the state one resides in. For instance, if you live in South Carolina, expect to enjoy 900 minutes which can be used for texting, talk or mobile data. On the other hand, those who live in Colorado can enjoy 900 minutes of talk that can be used for data or text. Some of the states where this carrier offers its services include: Colorado, Lowa, Kentucky, Hawaii, Michigan, Utah, Ohio, Nevada, Maryland, Indiana, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Wyoming, and Wisconsin, among others states.
Ways To Get Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones
Like we previously mentioned, this carrier does not offer free government phones per se. Instead, it offers these models for 50% or even less. This means that you will not have to strain your budget for you to obtain your desired government phone.
Additionally, it offers free unlimited talk and minutes of talk. When it comes to mobile data, expect to enjoy 4.5GB on a monthly basis. With these offers in place, you will not have to break the bank in order to keep in touch with your loved ones and friends.
Eligibility for Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones through Lifeline
To be eligible to get the Tempo Wireless free government phone via Lifeline, you need to meet certain eligibility requirements. First, you should ensure that your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Depending on your residential state, these guidelines might vary. Therefore, you need to check and establish if you meet your state’s Federal Poverty Guidelines and then determine if you qualify for this carrier’s Lifeline program or not.
Supposing you do not qualify via the low income criteria as discussed above, trust that you can be eligible for this program if you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance(FPHA)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
Documents Necessary to Apply for Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones Services
As you apply for Tempo Wireless’s free government phone services, you will be needed to submit copies that can help proof your identity and eligibility status. To put this into perspective, you will be required to submit a copy of your personal and eligibility document so that your application can see the light of day.
When it comes to personal documents, your preferred document should contain your name in full, where you reside, your date of birth, among other details. Some of the documents that contain these details include:
- Birth certificate
- Permanent resident card or Green card
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- Valid government-issued, state, military or Tribal ID
- U.S driver’s license
- Tax or W-2 return document(recent copies)
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Utility bill
To prove that you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program, ensure that you submit a copy of any of these documents:
- Approval letter
- State of benefits
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
In case you earn a low income, consider submitting any of these documents:
- Divorce decree
- Current income statement from your employer
- Child support award
- Paycheck stub
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Veterans administration statement of benefits
Procedure Of Apply To Get Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones Through Lifeline
To apply for this carrier’s free government phone, make sure that you follow these steps:
- Get your computer or laptop ready
- Go to your favorite browser and then launch it. Thereafter, click “mytempo.com”.
- Tap on the ‘Lifeline’ button at the top of your screen and then click on the ‘Sign-Up Now Free’ option.
- Key in your ZIP code and the click on the ‘Check Coverage’ button.
- If your locality enjoys this carrier’s coverage, be certain that you will redirected to a different page where you will commence the actual application process
- During the application, you will be asked to submit your name in full, email address, place of residence, date of birth, last 4 digits of your SSN, among other details.
- Key in these details and then click on the ‘Validate’ button at the bottom of your screen.
- Attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After submitting your application form, this carrier’s team will review it and respond to you within a couple of days.
- Supposing you met Tempo Wireless Lifeline program, you will be able to get a discounted smartphone alongside free cell phone plans. As far as the cell phone plans are concerned, expect to start enjoying them from the beginning of the next month’s billing cycle. On the other hand, the discounted cell phone will be mailed to your address after a few days.
Activation Procedure Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones
The process of activating your Tempo Wireless free government phone is generally simple and straightforward. All you need to do is to contact this carrier’s customer support team by dialing 1-888-565-1011 using a landline phone. During the activation process, you have to accept the tempo telephone number that will be assigned to your device.
Tempo Wireless Free Phones Offer
One of the best model that you can get from this carrier is the Blue C5L smartphone. Although this model goes for $59.95, be certain that you can get it with as little as $29.98 or there about via Lifeline program.
This is because the Lifeline program allows you to get a discount of about 50% on all the models offered by this carrier. As a result, this model is almost free, even if it relatively affordable to most Tempo Wireless customers. Some of the noticeable features of this model include:
- It runs on Android 9 Pie (Go Edition)
- The model is powered by a 2000 mAh battery
- At the back it comes with a 5MP camera and a LED flash feature.
- At the front, it boasts of having a 2MP camera.
- It comes with a 16GB ROM and 1GB RAM
- The model comes with a 5.0 inch curved glass display
- It supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities.
List Of Other Providers That Offer Free Government Phone
Besides Tempo Wireless, there are other carriers that offer free government phones. Some of these service providers include:
- Qlink Wireless
- American Assistance
- Assist Wireless
- Access Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- FeelSafe Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- EnTouch Wireless
- Infiniti Mobile
- Life Wireless
Tips For Maximizing The Benefits Of Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones
If you want to increase your chances of enjoying this carrier’s Lifeline program, ensure that you consider these ideas:
- Ensure that your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- In case you do not meet the low income criteria, ensure that you are a participant of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, Tribal TANF, Tribal Head start, SSI, SNAP or Section 8.
- When filling the application form, ensure that you enter the right details. From your name to where you live, make sure that you key in the right details. It is even more important to confirm that you have entered the right details once you are done with the application process.
- Make sure that you live in a state where this carrier offers its Lifeline program.
- Be 18 years and above
- Remember to attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to the application form.
- Your personal and eligibility documents should be crystal clear. This is because blur copies can deny you the chance to benefit from this carrier’s Lifeline program.
- No one else in your household should be benefiting from this carrier’s Lifeline program apart from you. This is because this carrier’s Lifeline benefits can only be enjoyed by one person in a household per time.
How to check Tempo Wireless’s free Government Phone Application Status?
To check Tempo Wireless free government phone status, consider contacting this carrier’s customer support team by dialing 1-833-998-3676. Once you are connected to an agent on the other end, ask about your application status and you will know its fate right away.
What Network does Tempo Wireless use?
This carrier mainly relies on Verizon network towers in order to offer its services to all its clients. Besides Verizon, it is said that this carrier relies on Sprint and T-Mobile network towers as well.
Can I Upgrade My Tempo Wireless Free Government Phone?
Well, you have to contact this carrier’s customer support team and make enquiries. However, you can expect that you will be asked to part with a small fee in order to get an upgrade.
Can I bring my own phone to Tempo Wireless?
Yes. However, your device of choice has to be unlocked and compatible with this carrier. For more details, contact this carrier’s customer support team by dialing 1-833-998-3676.