Tello is an incredible service provider that relies on the T-Mobile network. Associating with T-Mobile simply means that this carrier will never disappoint when it comes to reliable nationwide coverage. Besides, this carrier offers affordable plans and does not tie you to a contract. It is also one of the fastest-growing cell phone service provider in the United States that offers both flexible and user-friendly services. Lastly, this carrier has great customer support services. Therefore, if you have an issue with its services, you just need to reach out to them and you will get a solution promptly.
When it comes to the Tello SIM card, the carrier’s SIM cards are compatible with GSM phones. This is attributed to the fact that Telllo relies on T-Mobile network carrier. When you purchase Tello SIM card, you will enjoy a number of benefits. This card is so easy to activate and gives you access to the carrier’s prepaid services with no credit check and no activation fee. With all these benefits at hand, you might want to purchase Tello SIM card and activate it for use. In this article, we’ll guide you through all the necessary steps.
About Tello SIM Card
Tello is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that offers prepaid cell phone plans using T-Mobile’s network. When you sign up for a Tello cell phone plan, you will receive a Tello SIM card that you will need to insert into your phone in order to use the service.
Tello does not offer a free SIM card. You will need to purchase a SIM card from Tello in order to use their service. The cost of a Tello SIM card can vary depending on any promotions or discounts available. You can check the Tello website for current pricing.
Once you have purchased a Tello SIM card, you can activate it by logging into your Tello account and following the instructions provided. You will also need to choose a cell phone plan that meets your needs and budget. Tello offers a variety of plans with different data, talk, and text allowances, so you can choose the plan that best fits your usage.
Where To Buy Tello SIM Card Near Me
If you want to get a Tello SIM card, there are two ways that can help you get started. First and foremost, you can choose to purchase it from this carrier’s site. Here, you will be needed to navigate to the Bring Your Own Phone page and then key in your phone’s IMEI.
After that, click on the ‘Check’ button and then follow the prompts that you will see on your screen. This is because this carrier allows you to bring your own phone as long as it is GSM-enabled and is unlocked.
Besides the method as mentioned above, you can purchase a SIM card from Amazon. Thankfully, Amazon has an array of SIM cards to choose from. For more information, visit “amazon.com”. The good news is that this SIM card kit comes as a single package with 3 different sized punch-out SIM options. Here you will receive a nano, mini and micro SIM card.
Depending on your device, you can choose to use either of these SIM cards and then get started on this carrier’s network. For instance, if you have newer models, you will need to insert the nano-SIM (4FF). In case you are using the previous models, the micro-SIM (3FF) is the best bet for you.
Finally, if you have older compatible models, consider inserting the mini-SIM (2FF) or the Standard SIM (1FF). However, if you purchase a mobile phone from Tello Mobile, be sure that it will come with a free Tello GSM SIM card. Therefore, you will not be required to purchase one.
Now Steps to ActivateTello GSM SIM Card
If you have just received your new Tello GSM SIM card, here are the steps that you should follow so that you can activate it successfully.
- First and foremost, visit Tello’s website and then log in to your account.
- Navigate to the ‘My SIM’ section and key in the required data. Follow the prompts that will appear on your screen and then proceed to the next step.
- Be patient for the SIM activation to take place. Ideally, this can take up to 20 minutes.
- Once the activation process is over, wait for about 5 minutes and then insert the newly acquired Tello GSM SIM card into your device. As you insert the SIM card, your device should be switched off. Once you insert the SIM card, power on your device.
- Follow any on-screen prompts that you will see on your phone and your device will be fully activated.
- In case your device does not activate automatically, wait for about 30 minutes and then restart it. Thereafter, you can repeat this process.
- Once the device and SIM card is activated, you can now start texting, making calls, surfing the internet and so much more on Tello’s network.
Best Tello Mobile Plans
Like we mentioned above, this carrier has a number of affordable cell phone plan that will suit your budget. Unlike other carriers, you have the freedom to choose either the ready-made plans or opt to build your own plan. Here is a breakdown of these two plans so that you can know them better:
- Economy plan: This plan comes with unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB of data. For the first 6 months, this plan goes for $7.5 per month and after that, one needs to part with $10 on a monthly basis.
- Value plan: The above-mentioned plan comes with unlimited texts, unlimited minutes and 2GB of mobile data. For the first 6 months, you will be required to pay $10.5 per month. Thereafter, you will be required to pay $14 per month.
- Smart plan: If you want more data on a monthly basis, consider choosing this plan. Besides allowing you to enjoy 4GB of mobile data, you will also be able to enjoy unlimited texts and unlimited minutes. For the first 6 months, you will be required to pay $14.3 to enjoy these features. Once the first 6 months are over, you will be needed to pay $19 per month.
- Data plan: As the name suggests, this plan allows you to enjoy unlimited data. Apart from this, you will enjoy unlimited texts and unlimited minutes. This plan goes for $29.3 for the first 6 months. After that, you will be needed to part with $29 on a monthly basis.
Build your own plan
Unlike the other carriers, this one allows you to build or set your own plan and then plan the price that suits your budget. Here, you will have the luxury to choose between the number of minutes +texts and data amount that you want to enjoy.
As far as the data is concerned, you have the liberty to select one of the following options:
- No data
- 1GB of data
- 500 MB
- Unlimited data
For text and minute combo, you have the freedom to choose either of the following options:
- No minutes
- 100 minutes+ free text
- 300 minutes+ free text
- 500 Minutes + free text
- Unlimited minutes and free texts.
If you are operating on a budget, you should either choose the following options:
- No data and 100 minutes+ free texts
- No minutes and 500 MB
Note that: Each of these options goes for $3.8 per month for the first 6 months. Once that period is over, brace yourself to pay $5.
On the other hand, the most expensive minute and text + data combination is the Unlimited data, Unlimited minutes and free text option. This plan goes for $29.3 per month for the first 6 months and after that, you will be required to pay $39 monthly.
Frequently Ask Questions
Is Tello a GSM or CDMA?
Tello’s GSM network is compatible with all Tello phones, meaning that if you purchase a phone from Tello, it will come with a Tello GSM SIM card, eliminating the need to purchase a separate one. Tello operates on a mobile network and uses GSM technology to provide wireless services to its customers. Therefore, customers can rest assured that any Tello phone they purchase will work seamlessly with Tello’s GSM network.
What is Tello SIM Kit?
The Tello Mobile SIM Kit is a product that allows you to bring your own phone and activate it on Tello’s mobile service using a SIM card and an activation code. Tello is an MVNO that utilizes the T-Mobile network to provide nationwide customer coverage.
The Tello Mobile SIM Kit includes a SIM card and an activation code that you can use to activate your phone on Tello’s service. This process is quick and easy, and you can get started using Tello’s prepaid plans as soon as you have activated your phone.
Can I use Sprint SIM for Tello?
Yes. If you have a Sprint SIM card, worry no more, as you will not have to purchase another SIM card to enjoy Tello mobile services. All you need to do is to insert it into your Tello device and then start using it on the go.
What company owns Tello?
The parent company of Tello Mobile is KeepCalling. This company is usually based in Romania and has some offices in Bolivia and Atlanta.
Does Tello have a hotspot?
Yes. This carrier allows you to access its mobile hotspot services. With as little as $5 per month, you will enjoy a free mobile hotspot from this carrier and save more on the overall data cost.
Is Tello’s unlimited data really unlimited?
Not really. After the lapse of the 25GB of high-speed data, the internet speed will be reduce to 2G speed. This means that your internet connection might be slower than usual after reaching the data cap. As a result, you might not be able to play online games, stream online content, and so forth with ease. However, you might only be able to perform a few tasks that are not data-intensive. This will go on until the end of the billing cycle. Once you make a new subscription, internet speeds will resume and be fast enough.