Are you confused on how to make MetroPCS payment online for free? This guide is for you. Also known as metro by T-Mobile, MetroPCS is one of the best prepaid wireless service provider that you may consider joining in the US. This carrier offers a myriad of incredible services, including quality devices and reliable plans. Since it is a prepaid service provider, you will need to pay for the cost of their services and products before accessing them. Luckily, MetroPCS provides its customers with different bill payment options.
Among many available options, the most convenient is online bill payment. In fact, there are many ways through which you can make MetroPCS payment online. Some of these methods are free while others are available at a cost. Some of these ways are: use of metro APP, use of metro website, auto pay and Expressway among others. In this article, we shall discuss various ways through which you can send metroPCS payment online free of cost, how to set up your MetroPCS account for online payment, benefits of MetroPCS online payment, among other ideas. Walk with us to the end and learn more!
Setup a MetroPCS Account for Online Payment
The process of setting up your MetroPCS account for online payment is so easy. All you need to do is log in to your account online and select your preferred payment option. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one by visiting metropcs.com and click the “new customers” icon that is found at the top of the homepage. After that, enter your personal information like name, tax ID, email address, create a password and tap on “create account”.
After creating an account, use the same password and email address to login to your account and select your “payment option”. Please note that before setting up your account for online payment, you first need to select your preferred form of digital payment. Although metroPCS accepts all forms of digital payment, you have to select either the credit card or the debit card form of payment.
Ways to Send MetroPCS Payment Online Free of Cost
As we have mentioned above, MetroPCS has a myriad of ways to make payment online free of cost. In this section, we shall discuss these payment methods in details. That way, you will be able to pick the most convenient way for you:
1. Visit the Metro website
One of the most convenient methods to pay your monthly bills with MetroPCS is via their official website. Here is a step-by-step process through which you can make your online payment.
- Open your favorite browsers like Chrome or Mozilla, search for the URL “metrobyt-mobile.com/payment” and wait for it to load.
- You will be redirected to the payment page where you must enter your MetroPCS login account details. Here you need to click the “Make Payment with Login” button and input the login details. These details are the phone number and account PIN.
- Select the payment method you want to use, either a credit or debit card option.
- Enter all the payment details and other information that MetroPCS requests you to provide.
- Confirm the details you have provided and then choose the payment option.
Congratulations! If you have entered all the details correctly, your payment will be processed successfully.
2. Via MyMetro mobile app
Another method you can pay your MetroPCS bills online is their phone application. The good news is that this app is available for Android and iPhone users across the country. Therefore, you can download it on Play Store or Apple Store. Once you download the app, sign in using your credentials, and you will be ready to go.
After you sign in, you will see the “Pay Now” option on the dashboard where you can pay using a Credit or Debit card. The process will take a maximum of 2 hours and the payment will be successfully processed. If the process takes longer than recommended, kindly do not hesitate to contact customer service to assist you.
3. Via auto-pay
Auto-Pay payment methods allow customers to set up their accounts so that they can be charged automatically every time that the payment is due. This method eliminates the need for manual payments and reduces possibilities of late payment. Another advantages of this payment is that you do not need to remember the days of making your payments because the transactions will always be deducted automatically from your account. You only need to link your debit or credit card to your account and ensure it is always loaded with money.
To enable auto-pay, follow the following process:
- Through this link, sign in to your account using correct credentials
- On your account’s home page, tap on “ewallet” and follow prompts to finish the process.
Once you enable auto-pay, you can set it up as follows:
- Through metro website, login to your account “metrobyt-mobile.com/my-account/sign-in”, tap on “ pay now” enter your payment method and finalize the process by turning on the auto-pay
- Through your Mymetro app, login to your account, tap on “payments”, enter your payment method, and tap to select your payment card then turn on the auto-pay.
You can also enable autopay through calling customer care to help you get started. Here, you can dial *611 from your metro phone and talk to customer care representative.
4. Express pay
Express Pay is another online method that does not require you to log into your account when making payments. This is a one-time payment that does not incorporate any extra fee. With this payment, you only need to have a Credit or Debit card. Here are the guidelines to follow for a successful payment.
- Go to the official MetroPCS website and locate the payment page. You can also go directly to the page by searching the URL “metrobyt-mobile.com/payment”.
- You will see the provision where you need to put the MetroPCS phone number and confirm it.
- Click the next button once you are through providing the above details.
- Enter the payment details and kindly ensure you confirm before you complete the transaction.
5. Pay as a guest
Paying as a guest is another incredible payment method that MetroPCS users can use to make their payments online. The good news is that with this payment, do not need to have an account. All you need is MetroPCS phone number and you are good to go. Similar to other payments, you can make your payment using a Debit or Credit card.
To pay as a guest, you just need to visit this page “metrobyt-mobile.com/guestpay/landing”, enter your phone number, confirm your phone number, and confirm that you are not a robot, then login to make your payment.
Other Ways to Make MetroPCS Bill Payment
If paying metroPCS bill online is not your option, we recommend you to try the following options:
1. Pay by phone
You can pay your MetroPCS bills by dialing *611 on your phone. This is one of the most recommended payment methods because the process is processed immediately. Kindly note that this process is not free. However, it has a cheap and affordable cost of $5 per payment.
2. Through the mail
You can also opt for this method if all the online methods are not working. All you need to do is write a cheque with the amount of your bill and send it to Metro by T-Mobile. Kindly remember to write the account number on the cheque and send it to this address.
MetroPCS Wireless, Inc.
PO Box 5119
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5119
3. Pay In-store
Paying your bill in person at a MetroPCS retail store is another convenient way to clear your bill. All you need to do is bring your bill or account information to the store and an associate will assist you with the payment process. Here are the ways through which you can pay your bill in-store;
- In-person – drop box: If you cannot visit a MetroPCS store during business hours, you may have the option to drop off your payment in a drop box. These drop boxes are typically located outside the store and can be used to drop off a payment after hours. The payment will be processed the next day after they open the stores.
- In person – at a payment machine: Some MetroPCS stores have payment machines that allow you to make payments using cash or a debit/credit card. You can access the payment machines during store hours and make a quick payment without waiting in line. This method is so convenient, especially if you are always busy at your workplace.
- In-person – over the counter: You can also pay over the counter at a MetroPCS retail store. You only need to bring your bill or account information and payment method to the store. Herein, you will get an associate who will assist you with the payment process.
Benefits of Paying Your MetroPCS Bill Online Free of Cost
There are several benefits of paying your MetroPCS bill online free of cost. These include:
- It is more convenient as it allows you to make a payment from the comfort of your own home or anywhere with an internet connection.
- It saves time: Online payments are usually processed quickly, so you do not have to travel to a store or wait in line.
- Easy to keep track of payments: With a MetroPCS online account, you can view your bill and payment history, making it easy to track your payments and manage your account.
- No late fees: You can set up automatic payments or make a one-time payment using express pay, ensuring your bill is paid on time and avoiding late fees.
- It is more secure than mailing:
While these methods are free, your bank or financial institution may charge a fee for electronic transactions.
Troubleshooting Tips for Online MetroPCS Payment
Here are some common issues and troubleshooting tips for online MetroPCS bill payments:
- Failed payment: When making metrics payment online, your payment might fail to be processed. This mostly happens if your details do not match. To troubleshoot this, it is good to check and ensure that your payment information, including the account number and billing address, is correct. If the information is correct, it is possible that there may be a temporary issue with your bank or the payment system. To be on the safe side, you can try making the payment again later or consider using a different payment method.
- Payment not credited: Another possible problem that you might encounter when making your payment online, if failure to credit your payment. If you have made a payment and has not been credited to your account yet, check your payment history online to see if it is been processed. If it has, it may take a few business days for the payment to be reflected in your account. If it has not been processed however, Contact MetroPCS customer support for assistance.
- Incorrect amount of payment: While making your MetroPCS payment online, you can pay incorrect amount mistakenly. If you accidentally made a payment for the wrong amount, contact MetroPCS customer support as soon as possible to correct the mistake.
- Locked account: More often than not, your MetroPCS account can be locked when making online bill payments. Your account may be locked if you have made too many unsuccessful payment attempts. If you experience this problem, contact MetroPCS customer support to resolve the issue and regain access to your account.
- Payment processing error: Another issue that you can experience when making metroPCS bill payment online is processing error. This can be caused by internet interruptions among other factors. If you receive an error message during the payment process, check your internet connection and try the payment again later. If the issue persists, contact MetroPCS customer support for assistance.
Frequently Ask Questions
How can I check my MetroPCS account balance?
Usually, MetroPCS will send you a text message to alert you when your account balance is low or due for repayment. If you want to check your MetroPCS account balance without waiting for a message alert however, you can simply do that by opening your “mymetro” app. On the main screen of the app, you will see “your balance” option. Tap the option and you will be able to check your account balance.
Besides, you can check your account balance by dialing *611 on your MetroPCS phone or text the word “balance” to your own number.
Vital considerations to make when paying MetroPCS bill?
When paying MetroPCS bill, you should consider some vital factors. For instance, you should select your mode of payment subject to your urgency. If you want to make urgent payment over your bill, consider methods of payments that are processes immediately.
When making your bill payment, you should also make sure that you pay your bill on time because your account can be suspended temporarily for delayed payments.
Do I need to keep the confirmation text message once I make payments?
It’s important to keep your confirmation text message once you make your MetroPCS bill payment. This helps a lot especially when you are reporting any payment issues or asking any payment questions to customer support team. For instance, when you make payment but out of system error, your payment has not been credit, you can present your confirmation message to customer support team for assistance.
My payment was declined, but I see charges being held on my card/bank account. Why?
Was your payment declined but after checking your card/ bank account they indicate that you were charged for declined payment? Worry not because your card cannot charge your declined payment. What happens, your card can indicate your payment as charged because there was an attempted transaction. These charges will remain pending until your bank or Credit Card Company gets a final confirmation that your payment was indeed declined.
How will I know when to make a payment?
If your account is due for repayment, MetroPCS will send an alert message notifying you to make the payment. Besides, you can also know when to make a payment by checking your account balance through the process discussed above.
When will the payment be posted on my account?
Your MetroPCS payment will be posted on your account few business days after the payment has been processed. Normally, it takes up to 2 hours or less to process your payment, depending with your mode of payment.
Can I pay for more than one month at a time?
Yes, you can pay your MetroPCS bill in advance, for as many months as you want regardless of your account type. Once you pay, your account balance will always show a credit and MetroPCS will not send you a payment notification message until all your advance payment depletes.
Suppose I am facing challenges with MetroPCS bill payment; how do I reach the customer service team?
If you are facing challenges with metroPCS bill payment, you can contact their customer support team through the number 1-888-863-8768. Besides, you can use your metro by T-Mobile phone to call *611
Is it safe to make payments online with MetroPCS?
Yes, it’s very safe to make payments online with MetroPCS. This is because your payment information is encrypted and protected, reducing the risk of fraud or theft compared to mailing a check or paying cash.
Besides, MetroPCS has several safety measures when making online payment. For example, to protect the safety of their customers, this carrier sends a six digit temporary code that you should use when logging in your account to make your online payment. In addition, you will be asked to answer a few security questions when logging in to make your online payment.
Are there any MetroPCS Late payment fees or charges?
Not really. MetroPCS does not charge you late payment fee. However, when you fail to make the payment on time, your account will be suspended temporary until you clear the payment.
What if I want to change my Metro PCS Bill Cycle Date?
If you want to change your MetroPCS bill cycle date, you just need to call their customer support and request them to make the changes. You can call customer service through the number 1-888-863-8768 or visit them in-store and request them to make the changes.
How long does it take for Metro PCS to process a payment?
The exact time taken to process your MetroPCS bill payment solely depends with your mode of payment. For instance, if you are paying in-store or auto-pay, your bill payment will be processed within 2 hours. However, some payments like use of phone, will be processed immediately.
I have a Metro PCS Family Plan; how can I pay for just one of the phones?
When you enroll for MetroPCS family plan, every phone or line gets its own account regardless of your household size. This makes it so easy to pay for one or all lines, depending with your preference, Therefore, every family member can login to his account and make payment for one, without involving other family members. However, note that if one account or line is left unpaid, the entire family account will be suspended until all lines make the payment.
Can I pay MetroPCS online free of cost as a guest?
Yes, it’s possible to pay MetroPCS online free of cost as a guest through a very quick and easy process. All you need is a credit or debit card and you will be able to pay free of cost as a guest.
How do I know if my online payment was successful?
When you make your MetroPCS online payment, you will get a confirmation number from metro by T-Mobile. Your confirmation number is a clear indication that your payment was successful.