Safelink is one of the eminent service providers in the United States. Unlike other carriers, this one is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator. As a result, it relies on TracFone network in order to offer its cell phone services to customers residing in the United States. Currently, this carrier now offers both Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program to all eligible Americans. Besides this, the carrier offers affordable cell phone plans that are contract-free. When it comes to coverage, this carrier does not disappoint as it is simply excellent to say the least.
Additionally, this carrier allows you to bring your own phone. Therefore, you might not have to purchase a model from this carrier as long as your phone is unlocked and compatible. Since most users would like to join this carrier’s network and get started, we shall take an in-depth look at the phones that are compatible with Safelink alongside other related ideas.
Eligibility Requirements For Using Safelink Wireless
To utilize SafeLink Wireless services, you must be eligible for its Lifeline program. Here, your income must stand at or be below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Therefore, there is a need for you to check what the Federal Poverty Guidelines of your country stipulate so that you can know whether you meet the much-needed minimum threshold or not. If you do not qualify via these criteria, you can now become eligible if at all you participate in government assistance programs such as:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Supplemental Security Income(SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Besides the programs we have mentioned above, if you live in Tribal lands and enjoy any of these programs, be sure that you can now qualify for the Safelink Wireless service:
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations(FDPIR)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribal Head Start(Only those individuals or households that meet the income qualifying standard are eligible)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
Ways to Know If Your Phone Is Compatible With SafeLink (Compatibility Checker)
Earlier on, we mentioned that Safelink now offers to Bring Your Own Phone program to all its customers. Therefore, you can always bring your device to this carrier’s network if at all it is unlocked and compatible. Since this carrier is a subsidiary of TracFone, if your desired device is compatible with TracFone, be sure that it will be compatible with Safelink.
However, to get it right, you must either text the word BYOP to 611611 or contact Safelink technical support team in order to establish whether your device is compatible with this carrier or not. To reach Safelink customer service team, dial 1-800-378-1684 and then address your issue on the go.
Benefits You Get If Your Phone Is Compatible With Safelink Wireless
Although Safelink Wireless is designed to support less fortunate individuals or families in the United States, be sure that you can reap a number of benefits once your device is compatible with this carrier. Some of these benefits include:
- You will enjoy cell phone plans that are free of hidden charges or contracts that can make you spend more money in the long run. This means that you will save more dollars in the long run.
- Since this carrier relies on TracFone network, be certain that you will enjoy a good network coverage across the United States. This will go a long way in enabling you to remain connected for longer.
- No need to purchase another model as your device can now work well with this carrier’s network.
- With a Safelink compatible model, you will be able to enjoy free government phone service, thereby allowing you to save more bucks.
10 Best Safelink Compatible Phones 2023
1. Alcatel Go Flip 3
Are you in need of a safelink compatible phone? This is the ultimate devices for you. It is a very incredible device that is built with a modern flip design. Besides that, it’s very affordable and also super easy to use. From safe link stores, you can acquire this device for a one time price of 54 dollars. On top of that, they also allow for an installment payment plan, in which the charge 14 dollars per Installment for up to four installments through the help of AFFIRM. Below are some of the specifications to expect from this device.
- It comes with two displays, one at the front and another one at the back. The front display stands at exactly 2.8inches and has a screen resolution power of 240(320) pixels. The external display stands at exactly 1.44inches with a screen resolution power 128(128)pixels
- Boasts of a removable 1350mAh Li-Ion battery.
- Besides that, it allows users to save photos with its single 2mp main camera.
- In terms of storage space, this handset exhibits a 64GB internal storage capacity and a 512GB RAM. It also has a micro SD card slot on standby just in case you need more storage space.
2. Apple iPhone 8
The Apple iPhone 8 is another incredible device that is compatible with safelink wireless. To acquire this handset, all you need to do is to contact safelink wireless with as little as 199 dollars. Besides, if you don’t have the full amount, affirm will allow you to pay via an installment plan. This payment option requires the customer to pay 50$ per installment for four installments to complete the required payment. Below is a brief discussion of some of the features found on this device?
- It has an internal storage capacity of up to 256GB and 3GB RAM.
- It comes with a fingerprint scanner for extra security.
- Besides that, it has an IP67 rating that makes it resistant to both dust and water.
- Exhibits a medium size display that stands at exactly 5.5inches. This has a screen resolution power of 1080(1920) pixels.
- Boasts of an inbuilt 2691mAh Li-Ion battery that supports wireless and fast charging.
- Quality photos are also guaranteed thanks to its powerful 12MP + 12MP dual main camera and a single 7MP front camera.
3. Apple iPhone 13 Mini
This is another incredible IPhone that qualifies to be among the best phones that are compatible with safelink wireless. It is one of the latest phones from Apple that avails with several incredible features. If you need this phone, you can get it from Safelink wireless for only 879 dollars. If you can’t manage to pay the phone upfront, safelink has partnered with affirm to make payment easier for you. Through affirm installment plans, you can get this phone for 220$ per installment and payable within four installments. Some of the features available on this phone include:
- This device comes with a standard 5.4inch display which is very clear. This impeccable clarity is achieved through its sharp screen resolution power of 1080(2340) pixels.
- It has a very reliable internal storage capacity of up to 512GB plus a 4GB RAM.
- When it comes to security, this handset is very secure thanks to its built-in Face ID scanner that curtails unauthorized access.
- If you love taking photos, this iPhone is very useful as it comes with a powerful 12 MP + 12m MP main camera and 12mp front camera.
- It is IP68 rated, which makes it resistant to dust and water up-to a depth of six meters.
- It exhibits a fast charging 2438mAh Li-Ion battery that allows several hours of use.
4. Google Pixel 6 5G
This is another safelink compatible phone that is available from safelink stores for $649. If you can’t afford this payment upfront, you can still pay it in four installments at a price of $163 per installment. The phone features:
- A very robust 50mp + 12mp main camera and 8mp front camera.
- This model comes with an expansive 6.4inch display
- It boasts of an enormous 4614mAh Li-Ion battery which allows wireless charging
- Additionally, it comes with a fast charging capability of (18W).
- Exhibits an in-built fingerprint scanner for extra security dynamic.
- More also, it has an IP68 rating, which means that it’s resistant to both dust and water.
- When it comes to the storage capacity, this smartphone comes in two different sizes. These includes the 128GB 8GB RAM version and the 256GB 8GB RAM version.
5. Google Pixel 4
This is yet another very easy to use handset that you can get for quite a friendly price from safelink wireless. If you wish to purchase this device through a onetime payment, safelink will charge you approximately 299 dollars. Nonetheless, if you wish to employ the installment plan option, safelink will charge you exactly 75$ for each installment. Buyers have to make four installments in order to complete the required payment. In spite of that, the smartphone offers very competitive features some of which are included below.
- This device is very versatile thanks to its IP68 rating that ensures it’s resistant to both dust and water.
- Apart from that, it comes with a face ID scanner for extra security.
- Boasts of a 2800mAh Li-Po battery with fast and wireless charging capabilities
- It has an internal storage capacity of up to 128GB and a 6GB RAM. Nonetheless,
- Exhibits a 5.7inch display that is backed by a screen resolution power of 1080(2280) pixels.
- It’s very reliable when it comes to taking quality pictures thanks to its dual 12mp + 12mp rear camera, and 8mp front camera.
6. Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
This is another safelink compatible handset that is basically designed for heavy phone users. The phone avails with a very large 8GB RAM size which ensures a smooth run all through.
Bearing that this is a high performance device, it retails at quite a steep price. Safelink wireless sells it at a standard price of 799$ or through affirm payment plan that allows you to pay 200$ per installment in four installments. This device features the following:
- It comes with a very convenient internal storage size of up to 256GB
- Besides that, the model comes with quite an expansive display size of 6.2 inch. This display is backed by a sharp screen resolution power of 1080(2400)pixels
- Users can also save quality moments with powerful 12mp + 64mp + 12mp triple main camera or a single 10mp front camera. As a matter of fact, you can take your photos anywhere as the device is IP68 rated. This means that it can resist dust and water
- Maximum security is also guaranteed as the device comes with a fingerprint scanner that limits unauthorized access
- Once you buy this handset, be sure to enjoy long hours of use thanks to its enormous 4000mAh Li-Ion battery.
7. Samsung Galaxy A01
This is another quality phone that is very compatible with safelink wireless. If you opt to buy this handset, you can access it for as low 119$ from safelink wireless stores. In case you don’t have the whole money, you can get this phone in four different installments for $30 per installment. This device features:
- It has an expansive 5.7” Infinity IPS display that is backed by a screen resolution of 1,520 by 720 pixels.
- It is equipped with a very powerful 2MP and 13MP main camera and a 5 mp front camera.
- It also comes with built in fingerprint scanner which deters foreign access.
- Has an impressive battery life thanks to its in-built 3000mAh Li-Ion battery.
- This model has an internal storage capacity of 16 GB and 2 GB RAM. It also comes with a dedicated micro SD card slot for memory expansion.
8. Motorola G7 Play
You can get this safelink compatible phone from safelink stores for $129 upfront. Through Affirm, you can also get this device with a non-interest installment plan that allows you to pay $33 per Installment for four installments. Here are some of the features inscribed on this handset:
- Exhibits an average display size of 5.7 inches which is supported by a screen resolution power of 720(1512) pixels.
- Equipped with a single 13mp main camera and 8mp front camera that guarantees quality pictures
- It has a rear mounted fingerprint scanner for optimal security.
- Comes with a non-removable 3000mAh Li-Ion battery.
- It has an internal storage capacity of 32GB and a 3GB RAM.
9. LG K40
With a price range of $99 to $119, you can get this safelink compatible phone from safelink stores. You can also get the phone at an installment price of $40, which is payable within 4 installments. Once you get your device, you will be able to enjoy the following features:
- Has a quality 16mp main camera and 8mp front camera.
- A strong 3000mAh Li-Ion battery that allows you several hours of use
- Has 32 GB internal storage capacity and a 3 GB RAM.
- It has a wide screen size of 5.7inches that is backed up by an average screen resolution power of 720(1440) pixels.
10. OnePlus Nord 200 5G
Last but not least, this is another quality smartphone that is very compatible with safelink. From safelink stores, you can get this device at an upfront price of 239$. You can also get it through installment plans for $60 per installment, payable within 4 months. After you get your device, you will be able to access the following features:
- It comes with a large display size that stands at 6.49 inches that is backed by a screen resolution power of 1080(2400) pixels.
- Has a quality triple back camera of 13mp + 2mp + 2mp and a single 16mp front camera.
- It boasts of a large storage capacity of 64GB plus a 4GB RAM.
Other Phones List That Is Compatible With Safelink Wireless
Safelink is compatible with a myriad of Android and iPhone models. Besides this, there are some flip phones that are compatible with this carrier. Here is a list of those devices that can work well with this carrier:
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- LG ThinQ
- Apple iPhone 6S
- Motorola Moto G7 Play
- Alcatel Fierce 4
- Samsung Galaxy A10e
- Samsung Galaxy Core Prime
- ZTE Avid Trio
- Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500
- Motorola Moto G4 Play
- Alcatel CameoX
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro 4G
- Alcatel 1X Evolve
- Google Pixel 3a
- LG Aristo 2
- Motorola Moto E5
- Nokia 4.2
- Razer Phone 2
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- Samsung Galaxy A50
- Nokia 9 PureView
- Motorola G6 Play
- Alcatel MyFlip™
Now Steps to Activate Your Safelink Wireless Compatible Phone
The process of activating your Safelink Wireless compatible phone is not difficult per se. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Unbox the package that came with the Safelink Wireless compatible phone.
- Charge your device using the power cable that came with it.
- Once your device is fully charged, look out for the Safelink activation card that came with the phone.
- Follow the instructions on the card in order to activate your devices.In case you do not find the activation card, chances are that your device is already activated.
- If you follow the right process, your device will be activated within 15 minutes or thereabout.
- After completing the activation process, try to make a call or even texting your friend to establish that your phone has been activated successfully.
- In case you have issues, consider contacting Safelink customer support team so that they can guide you through the entire activation process. Follow all the instructions from the customer service representative on the other end and you will be good to go.
Besides the procedure mentioned above, you can insert the SafeLink SIM card in your device and then send the word ‘Activate now’ to 611611.
Latest Safelink Phone Replacement, Return Policy
First and foremost, claims of delivery discrepancy or damage should be made within 48 hours after receipt. Claims made thereafter, might not be accepted. In case your phone is defective, you should return it within 7 days from the day you received it. By doing so, you will be able to get a refund.
If you want to return your defective phone or good, there is a need for you to ensure that you insert it in the original manufacturer’s packaging and in the same condition as it was sold. This includes all the accessories, instructions, literature, blank warranty cards and other documentation. Your phone has to be in ‘Like-new condition’ with no signs of usage and its talk time must be less than 25 minutes.
In case the phone is defective, it is imperative to note that it can only be exchanged with an equivalent model, if Safelink is unable to supply the same model or if the model cannot be repaired. When it comes to the return shipping costs, it is important to note that Safelink will not cater for that. Here, you will have to be responsible for return shipping costs involved. Both shipping and handling fees are not refundable. Typically, the handling fee is $25.
All phones that are not defective and are in pristine condition will be subjected to a 20% restocking fee and a minimum of $9.99 shipping and handling fees up to the actual shipping amount that is paid on your order. Remember that this does not include promotional coupons.
Finally, all the models that are not in a pristine or ‘Like-new condition’ or are missing a number of documentation or packaging components be certain that they might be accepted. In case such a model gets accepted, brace yourself to incur a restocking fee of 25% to 50% depending on the condition of your device. Besides this, you will incur at least $9.99 shipping and handling fees up to the actual shipping fee that is paid on your order, which does not include the promotional coupons. To learn more, visit “shop.safelinkwireless.com/rma”.
If you have lost, damaged or even misplaced your device, Safelink can now replace it for you at a small fee. However, there are certain regulations that govern how this carrier replaces such models. In case you want to replace your lost, damaged or stolen device, consider adhering to the following rules:
- If your model got lost and you want to replace it, you will get a refurbished one
- Your device will be replaced free of charge only once. This applies to one customer at a time.
- In case you want to replace your lost device, Safelink customer support team has to deactivate it first.
- Your model should not be subjected to improper storage, abnormal condition, neglect, abuse, and accident or water damage. In addition, your phone should not be damaged by external causes such as fire, battery leakages and so forth.
- Your device must be damaged within a period of 12 months since the date of purchase. Therefore, if it was damaged after the lapse of the 12 month warranty period, you might experience hiccups during the replacement process.
- Your device must not be damaged by malware or 3rd part sourced software.
- For you to get a replacement, you must be the person who purchased the phone originally from an authorized dealer. After all, Safelink warranty is cannot be transferred to another person.
- Your phone ought to have been purchased from authorized dealers. If you did not get your model from an authorized dealer, you should ensure that you purchased it from the Safelink official website. Besides this, the device should have a verified IMEI number.
If you adhere to the guidelines above, you will be able to replace your device successfully. However, brace yourself to part with a few bucks for the device to be mailed to you. In most cases, replacement models will be mailed to you within 3-10 business days.
Frequently Ask Questions
Does SafeLink Offer Free SIM Card?
Yes. If at all you have a compatible device and you qualify for the carrier’s service, be sure that you will be mailed a free SIM kit. Therefore, you will be able to utilize your current mobile device and enjoy the Lifeline discount on the go.
What Kind Of SIM Card Does SafeLink Use?
Safelink uses 3 kinds of SIM cards. Depending on your device, you can choose to utilize the micro, traditional or nano SIM card. It is imperative to note that the nano and micro SIM cards work well with the newer Android and iPhone models. On the other hand, the traditional SIM cards of this carrier work well with older models.
Can I Put My SafeLink Sim Card In Another Phone?
Yes. As long as the device is unlocked and is compatible with Safelink Wireless, you can go ahead and insert your Safelink SIM card in that phone and enjoy the services of this carrier.
Is SafeLink And TracFone the Same?
Not really. Safelink is a subsidiary of TracFone. Therefore, it operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator. If you are using Safelink Wireless services, chances are that you are enjoying TracFone network on your device. On the other hand, TracFone is an American prepaid, non-contract service provider that is based in the United States. As we speak, TracFone is owned by Verizon.
Can I Use My Own Phone With SafeLink?
Yes. As long as you device is unlocked and compatible with this carrier, you will be good to go. Besides this, your phone has to rely on GSM technology in order for it to work well with this service provider. Finally, for those with Verizon CDMA, T-Mobile GSM, U.S Cellular CDMA, AT&T GSM, or GoSmart model, be certain that you can bring it to this carrier and get started. For more information, visit “support.safelinkwireless.com/expresshelp/keep-your-own-smartphone-questions/what-is-byop”.
Can I Bring An iPhone To SafeLink Wireless?
Yes. As long as your desired iPhone model is unlocked and is compatible with Safelink Wireless, be sure that you will be able to use it on this carrier’s network.
What Network Does Safelink Use?
Since this carrier is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, it relies on the TracFone network to offer cell phone services to all its customers. Thankfully, TracFone has good network coverage across the United States.
Does SafeLink Give Free Smartphones?
Yes. If you qualify for its Lifeline program, you will be able to get a free smartphone from SafeLink. Besides this, you will be able to enjoy free minutes, talk, and mobile data so that you can remain connected for longer.
Can I Upgrade Safelink Phone?
Yes. Unlike other carriers, Safelink allows you to upgrade your device. Whether you purchased the phone from Safelink’s inventory or received it as a government free phone, be sure that you will be able to upgrade it and get the most out of your device.
However, you need to part with as little as $39 for you get an upgraded model from SafeLink. If you want to upgrade your Safelink phone, you can consider affordable advanced models such as LG K40, Alcatel TCL A3, or Motorola Moto E6, Motorola E5 Play, among other decent models. To learn more, visit “shop.safelinkwireless.com/shop”
Will I Get Any Benefits If I Buy SafeLink Compatible Phone From SafeLink Shop?
Yes. There are a number of benefits that you can reap once you opt to purchase a Safelink-compatible device from a Safelink shop. Some of these benefits include:
- You will not have to grapple with compatibility issues. Since these devices are already compatible with Safelink Wireless, you will be able to use them on this carrier’s network seamlessly.
- You will enjoy a good network coverage, thanks to TracFone reliable network. As a result, you will be able to remain connected with your loved ones, work online, learn online, access emergency health care services and so forth.
- No hidden fees or contracts that will make you spend more money in the long run.
- Free monthly cell phone services. From allowing you to enjoy unlimited text and text to enabling you surf the internet free of charge, there are many benefits that you are likely to enjoy once you obtain a compatible Safelink device. This in turn help you to reduce your monthly cell phone bills significantly.
- You might will get the most out of your device as some of these devices come with sophisticated features. From having a good camera to having huge internal storage space, be certain that you will enjoy impressive features from your desired compatible Safelink device.