To start with, Republic Wireless is one of the main MVNOs that operate in the United States. Since it is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, this carrier relies on two main network towers. These include Sprint and T-Mobile. Since it relies on the Sprint and T-Mobile network towers, Republic Wireless has good coverage across the United States. Besides this, the carrier also offers affordable cell phone plans, many decent devices to choose from, and much more. The carrier also has a good customer support team. Therefore all your issues will be addressed on the go.
With all these amazing offers at hand, you might be curious to bring your phone to this carrier and get started. The good news is that you can now bring your phone to this carrier and enjoy its services right away. However, your device of choice has to be unlocked and compatible with this carrier. In this article, we shall outline the phones that are compatible with Republic Wireless, alongside other related ideas.
Reasons You May Choose Republic Wireless
Once you choose Republic Wireless as your preferred service provider, be sure that you will enjoy an array of benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- The carrier offers affordable cell phone plans. With as little as $19.99 per month, you will be able to enjoy unlimited talk and text. However, if you want to connect to the internet, brace yourself to part with $5 for every 1GB you utilize. If you have access to Wi-Fi network, this plan is the best choice for you as you will not have to part with extra bucks for mobile data. For more details, visit “republicwireless.com/pages/cell-phone-plans”.
- All the plans offered by this carrier do not come with any contracts. Besides this, you will not be subjected to any hidden fees or charges. This can guarantee you value for money.
- All the plans come with unlimited talk and text, where you can either choose to pay annually or monthly. This flexibility makes this carrier desirable to many Americans.
- The service provider offers a good network. This can be attributed to the fact that it has partnered with Sprint and T-Mobile as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator. Therefore, customers of this carrier can now access any of these networks anytime they want to make calls, write messages or even browse the internet. Once you sign up, this carrier will choose the right network for you based on where you live.
- You are allowed to bring your own phone to this carrier. This can be a lucrative choice for you if you do not have sufficient funds to purchase a decent phone from this carrier. As long as your preferred phone is unlocked and is compatible with this carrier, be sure that you will be good to go.
- The carrier allows you to block spam calls from suspected scammers. Besides this, the carrier will block the spammer from leaving any voicemail message. Thankfully, the blocking protection feature comes at no added costs.
- When it comes to customer support services, this carrier does not disappoint. Here, you will be free to address your issue and get help on the go. Unlike other carriers, this one does not have a 1-800 phone number. However, the carrier offers you an opportunity to open a help ticket or even ask a question via the Republic Wireless mobile app. Besides the above-mentioned activities, you will be free to request a call, and a representative on the other end will call you shortly.
Now Check Phone Compatibility With Republic Wireless By DISH
Previously, we stated that this carrier now allows you to bring your phone to its network and get started. However, your device of choice has to be unlocked and compatible with this carrier. If you want to check whether your phone is compatible with this carrier, there are two ways that can help you get started. These include:
1. Use the Republic Wireless mobile APP
One way to check whether your device is compatible with this carrier is to install the Republic Wireless mobile app. All you need to do is to install the app on your phone and then launch it. Once you launch this app on your phone, you will be able to establish if your device is compatible with this carrier or not.
2. Check online
If you do not like using the Republic Wireless app, you can now check your device’s compatibility online by visiting “republicwireless.com/pages/compatible-phones#phone-checker-manual” and then get started. More importantly, ensure that your phone is compatible with this carrier’s 5G network and is unlocked. This way, your model is likely to be compatible with this carrier.
List of Republic Wireless Compatible Phones 2023
This carrier is compatible with a number of Android and iPhone devices. In the subsequent sections, we shall outline them in their respective categories so that you can know them better.
Republic Wireless Compatible iPhones
If you want to bring your iPhone model to this carrier’s network, it has to be a newer iPhone model. This means that it has to be the version that came after iPhone 6S was launched. After all, iPhone 6 and below are not supported by this carrier. Some of the iPhone models that are compatible with this carrier include:
- Apple iPhone 6S
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus
- Apple iPhone XS
- Apple iPhone XS Max
- Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 12
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max
Republic Wireless Compatible Android Phones
The following are Android models that work with Republic Wireless My Choice (4.0) plans. Generally, they are Republic Wireless compatible 3.0 devices. They include:
- Google Pixel (g-2PW4100)
- Google Pixel 2 XL(G011C)
- Google Pixel 2(G011A)
- Alcatel A30(5046G)
- Alcatel A30 (A576RW)
- Google Pixel 4 (G020I)
- Google Pixel 4a(G025J)
- Google Pixel 5 (GD1YQ)
- Huawei Ascend 5W (H1623)
- Moto e(XT2052-1)1
- Moto E4 Plus (XT1775)1
- Moto E6 (XT2005-5)1
- Moto G Power (2021) (XT2117-4)1
- Moto G Stylus (2021) (XT2115-1)1
- Samsung Galaxy A10e (SM-A102U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A11 (SM-A115U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A20 (SM-A205U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T)2
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935U)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930U)
Now Steps to Activate Republic Wireless Phone
The process of activating your Republic Wireless phone is generally easy and straightforward. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Switch off your phone
- Insert the Republic Wireless SIM card
- Switch on the phone
- Connect the phone to a Wi-Fi network
- Launch the Republic Wireless app
- Click on the ‘Get Activated Now’ option
- Key in your existing Republic Wireless account details. If you have the 1.0 and 2.0 models, you must first tap on the ‘I have an existing account’.
- Select to move the desired number to the new model
- Follow all the prompts that will pop on your screen and then switch off your device in case you get prompted.
- Once the device powers on again, you will be free to use it. Here, you can text your friends, make calls, browse the internet, and so much more.
If you want to activate your Republic Wireless SIM card, here are the steps that can help you get started:
- Get your phone ready
- Remove the SIM card and tool from the SIM kit
- Thereafter, dial 1-877-957-1727.
For more information, visit “help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005636388-Ready-to-activate-Call-1-877-957-1727”.
Benefits of Buying Republic Wireless Compatible Phones At Republic Wireless
Once you choose to purchase a Republic Wireless Compatible phone at Republic Wireless, be sure you will enjoy several benefits. These include:
- You will enjoy huge discounts. For instance, if you are a new customer, you will be able to get the iPhone SE 2nd Generation (64 GB) at $69.99.This will allow you to save up to $330 on the go.
- Besides allowing you to save more on your purchases, be sure that you will be able to pay for the device on flexible terms with affirm. For instance, if you want to purchase the Apple iPhone SE 2nd Generation, be sure that you will be paying $17 per month with Affirm. This allows you to enjoy more convenience as you will not have to pay $399 upfront.
To learn more about the deals offered by this carrier, consider visiting “republicwireless.com/collections/phones” and then choose your preferred model. Once you choose your preferred model, check the deal offered and then weigh your options. You can choose to purchase upfront or pay in installments. If you are a new customer, you might enjoy huge discounts on some selected models.
Best Republic Wireless Compatible Plans
Unlike other carriers, this one boasts of having affordable plans for all its customers. Therefore, you will not miss a plan that will suit your budget needs. Some of the best Republic Wireless Compatible plans include:
1. By the Gig plan
With as little as $19.99 per month per line, you will be able to enjoy this plan and be connected with your loved ones. This plan is ideal for light data users. This means that if you have access to Wi-Fi network, and only use your phone to text or talk to your friends, this plan is the best choice for you. Thankfully, this plan comes with a number of features that will impress you. These features include:
- 1GB of data per line + $5 per GB
- Unlimited text and talk
- Wi-Fi calling
2. Unlimited plan
Unlike the previous plan, this one is ideal for those who regularly use their phone to stream online content, listen to music online, browse the internet, chat on Facebook, and so much more. The good news is that this plan goes for $29.99 per month per line. Here are other features that come with this plan:
- 10 GB of mobile hotspot
- Unlimited text, talk, and data
- Unlimited international texting
- Wi-Fi calling
3. Unlimited Plus plan
To start with, this plan is best for those who like traveling. Better still, if you do not have access to Wi-Fi network, this plan is the best choice for you. Here are the features that make this plan great:
- 20GB of mobile hotspot
- Unlimited text, talk, and data
- Unlimited international texting
- Wi-Fi calling
- 2GB of roaming data whenever you are in Mexico and Canada
- Unlimited text and talk between Mexico, United States, and Canada.
With as little as $39.99 per month, you will be able to enjoy these features for every line that you have. For more information, visit republicwireless.com/pages/cell-phone-plans.
About Republic 5.0 Plan
Republic 5.0 plan refers to the 5th generation of plans that are offered by this carrier. Thankfully, this plan comes with tons of features that will mesmerize you. Some of these features include:
- Unlimited data options
- Unlimited talk and text
- One-time data purchases. Once you purchase this data, it will last for 30 days from the date of purchase. This means that will not expire in between the billing cycle.
- You will be allowed to enjoy hotspot tethering.
- You will be able to enjoy 5G network. However, this will depend on your current location and the device that you are using to access the internet.
- Compatibility with shortcodes including Zelle, Venmo, and other banking institutions.
- You will enjoy some discount on the second line.
- You will be able to make calls using Wi-Fi network. However, your device has to support Wi-Fi calling.
Guideline for Update Republic Wireless Phone
If you want to update your Republic Wireless phone, all you need to do is to navigate to the ‘Settings’ icon and then click on the ‘System’ option. Tap on the ‘System Update’ option and then click on the ‘Download and Install’ option. By doing so, you will be able to update your phone to the next version of your phone’s operating system.
In case you want to update the Republic Wireless mobile app on your phone, visit the Google Play Store or App Store and then download an update from that end. Once you update this app on your phone, be sure that you will enjoy a number of features, thanks to the improvements made on the newly updated mobile app.
Frequently Ask Questions
Which Networks Does Republic Wireless Use?
Since this carrier is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, it relies on T-Mobile and Sprint network towers in order to offer its services. With these network towers in place, chances are that you will enjoy good network coverage across the United States. This is because you will have the luxury to either rely on the Sprint network towers or T-Mobile network towers, depending on where you live. This means that the carrier has a reliable network coverage that is able to keep 99% of the Americans connected for longer.
Can I Take My Republic Wireless Phone to Another Carrier?
Not really. This is because you have to unlock your device first. Thankfully, all the Republic Wireless 3.0 devices are unlocked. Once you unlock your Republic Wireless phone, you can now take it to your preferred carrier’s network and then get started. However, your device has to meet your preferred carrier’s Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) requirements.
When it comes to Republic Wireless CDMA phones, it is imperative to note that they are compatible with other carriers that support the same technology. Some good examples of these carriers include: U.S Cellular, and Verizon, among others. When it comes to GSM phones, it is important to note that they are compatible with other carriers that support GSM technology. A good example is AT&T.
Is Republic Wireless GSM or CDMA?
Since this carrier relies on Sprint and T-Mobile network towers, it is true to say that it supports both CDMA and GSM technologies. Therefore, if your model relies on any of those technologies, be sure that you can now use it to enjoy the services of this carrier.
Does Republic Wireless Offer Free Government Phones?
Not really. Instead, this carrier now offers affordable phones to those who do not qualify for a free government phone from other carriers out there. This way, you will be able to remain connected without breaking the bank. For more details, visit “republicwireless.com/collections/phones” and choose your preferred model.