To get a tablet, you will be required to fill in an application form so that the ACP service provider can review your eligibility status. Once your application approved, you will be able to get a discounted tablet and thus allowing you to lower the overall cost of communication. Read this article to learn more about how you submit your application form online to get a free tablet.
Providers That Offer Free Tablet And An Online Application Form System
Some of the carriers that offer the online application form system to apply for a free tablet include:
- Easy Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Maxsip Telecom
- Qlink Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Go Technology Management
Steps to Filling A Online Application Form To Apply For A Free Tablet
When filling in a free tablet online application form, there are 2 main methods that can help you get started. First, you can fill in this form using the National Verifier or through your preferred ACP carrier. If you choose to apply for a free tablet via the National Verifier, you should follow these steps:
- Visit “https://www.getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“
- Once you click that site, note that you will be required to have vital details such as the last 4 digits of your SSN, your government ID number or Tribal ID number, place of residence, date of birth and so on. You will also need to have an email address so that the National Verifier can reach out.
- With these details at hand, tap on the ‘Next’ button.
- By clicking the ‘Next’ button, you will be redirected to the actual application page.
- Key in your details as required and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to the application form.
- Check and confirm that everything is correct and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Besides using the National Verifier, you can now fill in the online application form to get a free tablet via your selected ACP carrier. Thankfully, there is an array of service providers that participate in the ACP facility at the moment. Depending on where you live, choose your preferred carrier and then visit its official website.
Key in your ZIP code and email address and then click on the ‘Get Ready’ or ‘Apply Now’ button. If your carrier offers its services in your state, trust that you will be redirected to a different page where you will find the online application form.
Enter your details as required and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to the online application form. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button, check and establish that everything is right. If you are convinced that all the details are correct, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
What Does Online Application Form To Get A Free Tablet Entail Of
Simply put, this is a web-based form that allows you to key in your details as required by your preferred ACP carrier. It is imperative to note that these forms are usually customized and tailor-made to meet the needs of the company offering free or discounted tablets. Therefore, the online application of one ACP carrier might not essentially resemble that of another carrier.
However, once you access this form, trust that you will be required to key in vital details such as your name, place of residence, your date of birth, the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number, among others. As you fill in these details, there is a need for you to be accurate so that your application can be approved by your ACP carrier.
What Happens After Filling My Online Application Form To Get A Free Tablet
Once you fill in your online application form to get a free government tablet, your ACP carrier’s team will review it and then respond to you within a few days. If you met the much-needed eligibility requirements of your ACP carrier, trust that you will get a free or discounted tablet via mail. Thereafter, you will start enjoying the benefits that come with the ACP facility from the beginning of the next month’s billing cycle.
Program That Offers Free Tablet
As we speak, one can obtain an online application form to get a free government tablet via the Affordable Connectivity Program. Unlike other Federal programs, this one was launched on 31st December 2021 and has been in operation since then.
Once you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program, trust that you will get a almost free tablet. The tablet is not free per se as one needs to part with at least $10 and not more than $50 so that he can get this model. On the other hand, your ACP carrier will offer a one-time discount of up to $100 towards the purchase of your preferred tablet.
Can Anyone Fill An Online Application Form To Get A Free Tablet
No. For you to qualify to obtain the application form to get a free tablet, trust that you will be required to meet certain eligibility requirements. To start with, you need to ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
If you do not qualify via the low income criteria that we have discussed above, note that you can qualify to get this form if you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program. Some of these programs include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Veterans Pensions Housing Assistance
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Tribal Head Start
- Tribal Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- You are a beneficiary of the Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- You are approved for the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
You also need to ensure that you are 18 years and above and live in a state where your preferred ACP carrier offers its services. Additionally, you can qualify if you are an emancipated minor.
Documents Need To Attach When Filling An Online Application Form To Get A Free Tablet
When filling the online application form to get a free tablet, you will be required to attach certain documents so that your preferred ACP carrier can prove your identity and eligibility status. To get started, you need to submit copies of your personal and eligibility documents respectively.
As far as the personal documents are concerned, here are the documents that you ought to attach to the online application form:
- Certificate of U.S Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent resident card or Green card
- Utility bill
- Lease or mortgage statement
- Birth certificate
- U.S driver’s license
- Government-issued, military, state or Tribal ID
- Tax or W-2 return document(Submit recent copies)
To prove that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, consider submitting any of the following copies:
- Tribal or Federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Divorce decree
- Paycheck stub
- Child support award
- Current income statement from your employer
- Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits
If you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as SSI, SNAP, Tribal Head Start, Tribal TANF, WIC, or Section 8, submit any of the following documents
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
Benefits You May Get Once I Fill A Free Tablet Online Application Form
If you fill in the free tablet online application form, note that you will be able to get a free model once you meet your ACP carrier’s eligibility requirements. Supposing you met all the requirements and got a free tablet, here are the benefits that you are likely to reap:
- You will be able to work online
- The free tablet allows you to learn virtually
- With the free model in place, you will be able to get emergency healthcare services
- The free model allows you to remain connected with those whom you love.
- You will no longer grapple with boredom as the free model allows you to play online mobile games, surf the internet, stream online content, watch videos and so much more.
- The free tablet allows you to know what is happening both locally and internationally.
- You will be able to look for better job opportunities online
- Depending on the carrier that you choose to work with, you might be lucky to get mobile hotspot data. With this data in place, you will be able to keep other wireless devices connected to the internet without essentially having to purchase extra data for each model.
Reasons for Rejected Free Tablet Online Application Form
Your free tablet online application form might have been rejected due to the following reasons:
- You do not live in the United States. Also, it might be rejected simply because you do not reside in a state where your preferred ACP carrier offers its services
- Your income is above 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- You are not a participant of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SSI, SNAP, Tribal Head Start, or Section 8.
- You keyed in the wrong details during the application process
- You failed to attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to your online application form.
- The copies you choose to upload as your preferred personal and eligibility documents were not clear.
- There is another ACP beneficiary within your household.
What Should I Do If My Free Tablet Online Application Form Gets Rejected
If your free tablet online application form did not see the light of day, consider the following alternatives and you might be lucky to get a free model:
- Visit the Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist and look out for a free or discounted model
- Look out for a carrier that allows you to get a free tablet once you make a switch, add a new line or even trade in an old device
- Try and participate in an online giveaway. While engaging in this undertaking, be careful not be to be scammed.
- Work as a product reviewer or marketing agent for a company that sells tablets within your locality.
- Check if your nearest tablet retailer is selling some models at discounted prices. Chances are that you might be lucky to get a decent model at a budget-friendly price.
- Apply for a free model from charity and non-profit organizations such as Microsoft Registered Refurbished, Computers 4 kids, Accelerated School Programs, Smartriverside, Freecycle, Computer Technology Assistance Corps, Everyoneon, Adaptive.Org, among others.
- Ask your friend whether he has a model that he hardly uses. If he has one or has upgraded to a better model, trust that you can now get a free model or a discounted one right away.