Moxee Mobile hotspot gives you the opportunity to tap into the full power of the AT&T 4G LTE network. This is whether at home, in the office, or on the move. This device allows you to connect your Wi-Fi-enabled gadgets to a stable network. This can be your laptop, smartphone, iPads, etc. Thus, you can keep yourself or your employees productive and engaged.
Simplicity and portability define Moxee mobile hotspot. It is a small device that you can pocket and walk around seamlessly when accessing your internet privately. This way, your data remains protected against exposure to online threats that target free Wi-Fi users. With a mobile hotspot, you are basically carrying your internet in the pocket. Anytime you need it, it’s there. All you need to do is keep your Moxee gadget charged and prepaid plan active. By so doing, you can access a strong internet connection to game, stream, and video conference anytime anywhere.
Which Is Better Mobile Hotspot Or Bluetooth Tethering?
The choice between mobile hotspot and Bluetooth tethering depends on several factors. So, this is a no one-word answer question. To pick one method between the two, you need to consider the number of devices you want to connect. Secondly, the speed of internet connection you need and range.
First of all, a mobile hotspot can connect several devices. But the number varies from one device to another. Some phones will allow up to 5 device connections. Bluetooth tethering allows only one device connected at a time. Therefore, if you need to connect multiple devices, you know the best method.
In matters range, mobile hotspot outperforms Bluetooth tethering again. You can use a mobile hotspot on your PC while your phone lies in a different room. That gives you the freedom to roam around the house without losing connection. And the phone does this at high speeds though this leads to another problem; battery drainage.
Depending on your internet connection, the Mobile hotspot has higher speeds. When on a 3G network, you can enjoy up to 7.2Mbps while 4G gives 22Mbps. Although, these figures are theoretical and there may be variations in a real-world situation. This is not to say Bluetooth tethering is so poor. But, its speeds trail Wi-Fi by several Mbps.
Considering all the above factors, you stand a better chance to pick the best connectivity method for you. If you want to spare your phone battery juice, you have a Bluetooth option with you. Besides, this is one of the problems that have necessitated the need for a new connection method. So, the two are tough competitors with a thin separation margin.
How Does Moxee Hotspot Work?
Moxee hotspot ensures you can access safe and stable internet when away from your normal workstation. However, it doesn’t have to be necessarily a workstation. You can use this gadget to complement your home Wi-Fi.
Just like a smartphone hotspot, Moxee creates a personal network instead of using weak public Wi-Fi out there. Here, you are creating your private internet safe from hackers. This device takes AT&T data connection and converts it to a Wi-Fi signal. Later, it broadcasts to Wi-Fi-enabled gadgets like smartphones, laptops etc.
You can connect any of your Wi-Fi-enabled devices to this mobile hotspot. It can service up to 16 gadgets. The good thing with Moxee is its portability. Whether headed for a camp, on transit or resting on the beach, it will supply you with stable internet. You no longer need to use your Smartphone as a source of your internet. This is because it destroys your phone’s battery and you don’t have to cause all this harm to your phone. The smartphone hotspot also forces you to remain within range to maintain a connection. Otherwise, if you leave, all users will be disconnected. Therefore, this KonnectONE release will save you from all remote internet trouble.
After buying your Moxee mobile hotspot, it should come with a SIM card. When you get it, recharge it and buy a plan for the SIM card. Follow the detailed setup procedure contained in the user manual to configure everything. After set up, only devices with your Wi-Fi password will be able to connect.
Moxee Mobile Hotspot Specification and Features
Many features define the Moxee Mobile hotspot. These include;
- Supports up to 16 Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Uses powerful encryption and security protocols
- Uses a 2300mAh rechargeable battery
- It supports dual-band Wi-Fi technology
- Its internal memory storage goes up to 256MB
- Uses Qualcomm 9607 processor
- Uses a Micro SIM card
Benefits of Using Moxee Mobile Hotspot
Asking yourself why you need this Mobile hotspot when you can use your smartphone? There is a lot you need for this device. Below the benefits you get when you buy this gadget;
- Strong connection : Moxee hotspot uses AT&T network. This is one of the giant carriers in America alongside Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Moxee hotspot uses a 4G LTE network making it superfast. With it, you can perform even the most internet-demanding tasks. Things like playing games, videocasts, and video conferencing.
- Connects up to 16 devices : Unlike some models in the market, Moxee allows you to connect up to 16 devices. That’s a huge number allowing you to connect all your Wi-Fi-enabled devices. These include gadgets like gaming consoles, laptops, smartphones etc.
- Long-lasting battery : Moxee boasts of a 2300mAh rechargeable battery. So, your devices can remain connected for a long time. Upon exhaustion, you can recharge the battery with a power bank and continue using it.
- Very secure : KonnectONE uses powerful encryption and security protocols. This ensures user devices are safe from intrusion. Moxee features NAT firewall, VPN pass-through for filtering when connecting to business networks. Additionally, you can change the Wi-Fi settings to lock out unwanted devices from your network.
- Portable : This is a very lightweight simple device that you can walk around with unnoticed. It gives an opportunity to walk around with your internet in the pocket.
- User-friendly interface : Moxee features a user-friendly interface. The icon display allows you to manage it without difficulties. For example, you can track data consumption and internet strength. All these are important to avoid surprises when using your internet.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi : To ensure a strong connection, Moxee uses 2.4 GHz signals. For video and gaming purposes, it uses 5 GHz. This way, you can do every task with instabilities.
How do I Set Up Moxee Mobile Hotspot?
Before starting the set-up process, ensure your device is charged and the SIM card installed. For configuration purposes, you need a plan. After satisfying all these conditions, proceed as follows;
- Press and hold the power button until the welcome logo appears on the screen. This should take at least 3 seconds.
- Wait for some time until you see a Wi-Fi icon
- Locate your network name (SSID). Something like “Moxee HotspotXX_2.4G” or “Moxee HotspotXX_5G”. The XX in the SSID is the last two numbers of your Moxee IMEI.
- Tap “Connect”
- Enter the network default password provided on your device. You can find all this information in the Wi-Fi info section or underneath the battery cover.
If you want to use WPS, you don’t have to enter the password manually after activation. To activate WPS, follow the following steps;
- Log in to the device WebUI and enter the default address
- Go to settings>wireless>WLAN>WPS
- Press and hold the power button which will activate the WPS feature
- Further, you can change the default security credentials for privacy purposes. This ensures that no one can log into your device and alter anything.
Where to Buy Moxee Mobile Hotspot
There are several online shops where you can get this invaluable gadget. Also, if you want to buy from a physical shop, some of these shops have a partnership with local retailers.
- Walmart : This is one of the American greats with a global presence. You can order your Moxee from anywhere and receive it within 7 working days. The device also retails cheaply on their site.
- Amazon : There is no doubt Amazon has made an indelible mark in the online market. So, there is no need to be wary when shopping from this multinational company. You can be sure to get your order within days. As long as they ship to your location, you can go ahead and shop your Moxee from Amazon.
- Best Buy : The Best Buy offers and discounts are tempting. They offer a wide range of products. Best Buy is among the best sites you will find Moxee mobile hotspot.
- AT&T : If you want to buy the device from the source, AT&T is the site to visit. Another reason you may want to buy from AT&T is their installment plan. You can pay for the hotspot in installments if you don’t have all the cash.
Moxee Mobile Hotspot Reviews
Different people have had different experiences with Moxee mobile hotspot. However, one fact is agreeable; nothing beats the concept of a mobile hotspot. To start with, Moxee mobile hotspot isn’t hard to set up. As long as you follow everything correctly, you should have Wi-Fi within minutes.
However, some people complain about the data consumption rate. Considering how expensive AT&T plans are, they feel uncomfortable. Having to buy new plans every now and then is both hectic and expensive. Some customers complain about how their data could not complete a minute clip.
Others believe that Moxee mobile hotspot is a downgrade of the former Unite Express 2/Turbo. For instance, the former had a category 13 modem. However, they all accept that the concept of this new device is to serve with simplicity.
Another thing that several users point out is the lack of an antennae port. This is unlike most hotspots in the market. The antennae are crucial for signal enhancement and band 14 supports.
The availability of Moxee for AT&T Business customers on installment excites many users. The device is availed as part of the Grab-N-Combo bundle plus a 3GB plan. The program allows the buyers to pay $2.84 per month.
If you are in a rural area, Moxee may not be the best deal for you. Some users complained about how they could not get a strong connection in the rural areas. However, things were different when in town. Well, this is a common problem especially when people leave the big towns. Depending on your location, some record very poor coverage, and some going as low as a single bar. This is enough to perform the basic task.
Thanks to Moxee mobile hotspot, you no longer have to overwork your phone battery. Additionally, you can connect up to 16 devices to Wi-Fi.
If you travel frequently or your home network doesn’t reach every corner, this is a good pick. Whether an employee or employer, this device will help you to keep your work in check. Whether in the car or enjoying yourself in the Caribbean, you don’t have to worry. The hotspot has a rechargeable battery that can serve you for hours.
It’s a good opportunity to stay away from online criminals who lurk around free café Wi-Fi to attack users. With your own secure internet, only the persons you allow can access your internet. And if you suspect your password to have leaked, you can change it. Strain no more, Moxee mobile hotspot got you.