Have you just lost your Safelink phone? This is the last thing that you would like to experience. This is because there are several inconveniences that comes from losing your phone. For instance, you will lose your vital contacts, you won’t be able to remain connected and so on. Since phones are part and parcel of our lives, it’s not without a doubt that losing your phone can be extremely stressful.
However, if you are a victim of such circumstances, worry not as you can now mitigate it in a number of ways. Here, you can first try to find your lost Safelink phone. In case this effort fails to bear fruits, you can consider replacing your lost Safelink model. Thankfully, Safelink allows you to replace your lost device seamlessly. To learn more about how you can find a lost Safelink phone, read this article and you will be good to go!
Try To Find Your Lost SafeLink Phone
If you have lost your Safelink phone, you should not panic as there are many ways that can enable you locate it. The following are the various ways that can enable you find your lost Safelink phone:
Call your cell phone number
Once you lose your Safelink phone, the first step that you should undertake is to call your cell phone number. After all, you might have left the phone somewhere, either at home or at work. Better still, you might have left it at your nearest coffee shop.
If you are still within these premises, you can try to call your number and then try to establish if you will be able to hear it ringing. For you to hear your phone ringing, its volume must be high enough.
Suppose you are not within these premises, anyone close to it will hear it ringing and might answer your phone call. Thereafter, you can now go ahead and let him or her know that you lost your device and are trying to locate it. Here, you can ask him to keep the phone until you go and pick it or just send it to you. However, if the phone was switched off by the other person, you might have to locate via other ways.
Find your Android phone using Google Android Manager
If you have lost an Android Safelink phone, consider using Google Android manager in order to locate it. This method works magic for those users who normally use their Android Safelink phones to surf the internet. Also, it can work for you if you usually utilize Google services such as Google Maps or Gmail, be certain that you will be able to track your phone using the Google Android manager.
To utilize the Google Android manager, consider using another device such as your tablet, laptop or computer desktop to log into your Google account. Here, you will be prompted to key in your username and password.
Once you are logged in, open a new tab and then look out for the ‘Find my Android phone’. Here, you will see tons of search results. Navigate down and check out for the result that is named ‘Find your phone-My Account-Google’. Click that link and you will be redirected to a page where you will see a list of devices where your account is logged in or is active.
The name of your device should pop up on that list. Tap it so that you can be redirected to a page where you will be prompted to key in your username and password once again. By doing so, you will be able to verify your identity.
After you are done with identity verification, you will be directed to a different page that has the map of your current location. Tap on the ‘Find My Phone’ and wait for the results to pop up on your screen. After a few seconds, you will know where your Safelink phone was lastly spotted or is current located.
After your current phone’s location has been determined, you will be prompted to either call your device or delete your data. In case you tried to make a call and no one is answering, consider deleting all the data present.
Some of the data that will be erased here include your apps, contacts and so forth. This will help protect your identity and potential misuse of your personal data. Thereafter, you can consider reporting the lost device to this carrier’s customer service team.
Track your iPhone’s whereabouts with Find My iPhone or iCloud
Suppose you lost an iPhone Safelink phone, be sure that you will be able to track its whereabouts using the ‘Find My iPhone’ or ‘iCloud’ feature. However, you must have enabled this feature in your lost device so that you can benefit from it. Besides enabling the Find My IPhone app, there is a need for you to activate the ‘Send Last Location’ feature on your device so that it send its last location before its battery gets depleted. In the event your battery dies, you will be able to track your phones location easily. To activate the ‘Send Last Location’ feature consider following these steps:
- Get your iPhone ready
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option and then click on your name.(Your name is located on the top of your screen )
- Once you click your name, you will be directed to a different page, where you will see a number of options, including the ‘iCloud’ option. Tap on the ‘iCloud’ option and you will be redirected to a different page, where you will find the ‘Fine My iPhone’ option.
- Click it and then switch it on in order to establish your device’s last location.
- By undertaking these steps, you will be able to enable both the ‘Send Last Location’ and ‘Find My iPhone’ feature on your iPhone Safelink phone.
If by any chance you have misplaced or lost your device, consider using your buddy’s iPad or iPhone to locate it. Since the ‘Send Last Location’ and ‘Find My Iphone’ feature has already been enabled, you will have an easy time tracking the location of your iPhone device.
Open the Find My Phone app from another Apple device
Once you have misplaced or lost your Safelink phone, you can now track it using the Find My Phone app from another Apple device. Here, you will have to sign out from the other user’s account and then log in with your Apple ID.
Once you log in to your account, you will see a list of all the Apple devices you possess. Choose the missing model from that list and then the app will start tracking its current location. After a few seconds, you should know the location of your missing iPhone device.
In case you do not have an extra phone or iPad to locate your missing iPhone, consider using a PC to locate your phone. All you need to do is to visit “icloud.com” and then log in with your Apple ID. Thereafter, follow the same steps that we have discussed above.
Once you locate your missing or lost phone, switch on the ‘lost mode’. By enabling this feature, you will be able to lock your phone remotely. Besides this, the feature will show a custom message and the phone number to reach out to incase someone comes across your phone. If the location service was switched off, this feature will switch on the location services of that device until you recover it and remove it from the ‘Lost Phone’ list.
Suppose the ‘Find My Phone’ feature has not been switched on, consider using Google Maps to locate your lost phone. Here, you should sign into your Google account and then visit “maps.google.com/locationhistory”. Choose the date your phone got lost and then Google maps will display your phone’s last location and the areas where you had been with your device before it got lost.
Find your smartphone using your mobile phone services provider
Besides the methods that we have discussed above, you can now locate your lost Safelink phone via your mobile phone service provider. For instance, carriers such as AT&T or Verizon have their own unique ways that allow you to find a lost device. To be on the safe side, you should check with your preferred carrier and learn how they can help you find your lost phone.
In most cases, the carrier’s team will ask you to consider using techniques such as Find My iPhone or Android Device Manager in order to locate an iPhone device. However, if these efforts fail to bear fruits, you can consider using the services of 3rd parties in order to locate your lost Safelink phone. Other times, you might consider locking your device and deleting your data so that your personal data can remain safe.
A good example of a carrier that can help you get started is the AT&T. However, you must have enabled 3rd party features on your phone so that you can lock and delete its data. Once your phone is blocked, no one will be to utilize it whatsoever.
Your preferred 3rd party carrier of choice will also change passwords for your account present on your lost Safelink phone. Some of these accounts include; your Facebook account, Apple ID, Instagram account, email account and so much more.
Suppose you had linked certain credit cards to your lost Safelink phone, this 3rd party service provider will help you report that incidence so that one makes unwanted purchases using your credit card online.
If You Still Not Found Your SafeLink Phone Follow The Steps
Contact SafeLink customer service immediately to report the loss and request a replacement phone
Here, you should dial 1-800-723-3546 and then let the Safelink customer support representative on the other end know that you have lost your Safelink device. The agent might ask you a number of questions regarding when you lost your phone, your last date of use, your phone’s IMEI or ESN number and so forth.
As far as the ESN number is concerned, be certain that you can find it on the activation card. In case you cannot locate this card, consider providing your phone number. For optimal results, provide all these details upfront so that they can help you locate your phone or even replace it altogether.
Change any important passwords or PINs associated with the lost phone
Besides reporting your phone to your carrier’s customer support team, consider changing any important PINs or passwords associated with the lost Safelink phone. For instance, if you can change passwords to your email, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account. This way, you can be sure that the data in those accounts will not be used maliciously.
Keep an eye on your account and call SafeLink customer service if you notice any suspicious activity
You should always keep an eye on your Safelink account and report to this carrier’s customer support team in case you notice that you are incurring unnecessary charges. If possible, it is advisable that you suspend your service so that no one can utilize your Safelink service before you obtain a replacement phone or recover your lost Safelink phone.
Check if your phone has a GPS locator feature that can be used to track its location
If you had enabled the GPS locator feature on your lost Safelink device, be certain that you can now track its location easily. However, its mobile data must have also been switched on so that its current location can be located with utmost precision.
Ask friends and family to keep an eye out for the phone
It does not hurt to notify your friends and family that you lost your Safelink phone. In case they come across it, tell them to notify you right away. You might provide with another contact that they can use to reach you. This way, you will be able to recover your lost phone within the shortest time possible.
File a police report if you suspect the phone was stolen
You can also report the incidence to the nearest police station and let the authorities within your locality to take action. The police might ask vital details such as:
- When you lost your phone
- The last location to use your phone
- Your phone’s IMEI number
With these details at hand, the police can now help you track or locate your lost Safelink phone.
How To Get A Replacement Safelink Phone
Supposing you misplaced or lost your phone, Safelink allows you replace your phone so that you can remain connected with those whom you love. However, this carrier offers the replacement phone program to eligible customers. In the subsequent sections, we shall take a closer look at the eligibility requirements that one should meet so that he or she can get a replacement model:
Eligibility for Safelink’s replacement phone program
Some of the eligibility requirements that one must meet in order to get a replacement model include:
- You should ensure that your phone has not been subject to physical abuse, poor storage, alternation, water exposure, unauthorized connections and so on.
- The phone should not have been damaged due to calamities such as floods, fire, and earthquake among others.
- Your device has to be utilized properly in the past
- The Safelink phone’s enhancement data code or serial number should not be interfered with.
- Your device has to be covered by the warranty from the manufacturer. Typically, this warranty lasts for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- You must be the original owner of the Safelink phone for you to get a replacement model.
- Your device must not have been exposed to malicious 3rd party software or viruses.
- You must ensure that you purchased your model from an authorized dealer. Better still, you must have bought it from this carrier’s official website. More importantly, ensure that the device’s IMEI number is verified.
As far as additional documents are concerned, you should consider providing a document that shows that you in deed lost your Safelink phone. For instance, if you had reported the incident to the police, they will offer you a police abstract. With this document, you will be able to prove that your Safelink phone was lost or has been stolen.
Besides the police abstract, consider submitting a document that shows when you purchased your lost Safelink phone. For instance, you can consider submitting the receipt the agent gave you once you obtained your Safelink phone.
If you want to replace your Safelink phone, it is imperative to note that you will only get one replacement model. This applies to one customer at a time. As far as the replacement model is concerned, you will not get a new one. Instead, you will be given a refurbished model.
Finally, if you want to get a replacement model from Safelink, you must first deactivate the lost model. To deactivate the lost model, consider contacting this carrier’s team by dialing 1-800-723-3546. Here, you should let the agent know that you lost your Safelink phone and would like to suspend your service and deactivate your model right away.
Steps To Request A Replacement Phone
The following are the steps that can help you request a replacement model from this carrier:
- First and foremost, contact this carrier’s customer service team by dialing 1-800-723-3546
- Thereafter, notify the agent on the other end that you lost your Safelink phone.
- The agent might ask you a number of details in order to verify that you are the primary owner of your phone. From your name to your phone number, there are many details that the agent might request you to submit to him or her. You are also required to submit your phone’s ESN or serial number.
- Once you submit these details, the agent will check and establish whether you meet the eligibility requirements needed for one to get a replacement model. If you meet these requirements, you can now request to get a replacement model.
- As this happens, you have the chance to either keep your phone number or apply for a new one altogether.
- Once you submit your request, the agent will deactivate your lost Safelink phone.
- Since you will be expecting a new model, the agent will send a confirmation number for your replacement model to your email.
- Thereafter, you can expect to get a replacement model within a few days. Typically, the replacement model will be sent to your address via mail.
Provide An Estimated Time Frame For Receiving A Replacement Phone
Once you request to get a replacement model, the phone will be shipped to your address within 3 business days. However, it can take up to 10 business days for it to be delivered to you. Once the phone arrives, consider checking whether it has the much-needed accessories so that you can get the most out of your device.
Mention Any Fees Or Costs Associated With The Replacement Process
If you lost your Safelink phone, you can expect to get a replacement model free of charge. However, you must have met the eligibility requirements to get a replacement model. On the other hand, if your Safelink device is damaged or is defective, expect that you can get a replacement model at a fee. Here, the handling fee can be up to $25.
However, if your device is not defective and is still in its pristine state, be certain that you will be subjected to a 20% restocking fee and a $9.99 shipping fee. In case the phone is not in a pristine or ‘like-new’ condition or has some missing components, the carrier may not accept it at all. However, Safelink might opt to accept it and charge you a restocking fee that ranges from 25% to 50% depending on the condition of the items that you returned the device along. Also, brace yourself to part with $9.99 shipping cost for you to get replacement model.
Replacement Your Safelink SIM Card
If you have misplaced your Safelink SIM card, contact this carrier’s customer support team and then ask them to replace the SIM card for you. Before you can get a replacement SIM card, the agent will ask you to narrate how you misplaced the SIM card so forth.
Also, you might be asked a number of questions in order to determine whether you are the primary owner of the Safelink account. If your reasons are convincing enough, the agent will deactivate your SIM card and then mail you a new SIM card’s this happens, you can request the agent to allow you keep your existing phone number. After a few days, you will be able to get your SIM card.
Thereafter, you should insert the SIM card in your Safelink phone and then activate it right away. To activate your Safelink replacement SIM card, you can either contact this carrier’s customer team or just dial 611611.
Protect Your Safelink Phone Or Preventing The Loss Of Your Safelink Phone In The Future
Since you already know the various problems you can incur when you lose or misplace your Safelink, time is ripe for you to know the various ways that can help prevent this problem in the near future. Some of the ideas that can help optimize your Safelink phone’s safety include:
- Add a phone tracking app to your phone. Some of the apps that you can install here include; AirDroid, FamiSafe, Google Find My Device, mSpy, Lost Android, among others.
- Ensure that you activate the ‘Find My Phone’ app as we all the ‘Send last location’ feature on your Safelink phone.
- Always have a designated spot where you keep your Safelink phone
- Always ensure that your phone’s ringing volume is high enough.
- Ensure that you have enabled location services on your phone. Additionally, the mobile data of your phone should always be on.
- Put an emergency contact on your Safelink phone’s screen
- Avoid keeping your Safelink phone at the back packet of your trousers. Instead, let it be in one of the front pockets of your shirt. Better still, let it remain on your hand all the time.
- If you have a smartwatch, ensure that you link your phone with it. In case you lose your phone, the smartwatch will make your phone to ring. All you need to do is to look out for the ‘Find My Phone’ service in your watch and your phone will start ringing.
- Make a habit of checking whether you still have your phone in your pocket whenever you are changing locations. For instance, if you are leaving a restaurant or going to board a cab, check your pockets and establish that you phone is still in place.
- Register your device with the manufacturer so that you can get helped in case you lose or misplace your device.
- Purchase a phone issuance for your Safelink device. Thankfully, the premiums that you will be paying will not strain your budget at all. In case you lose your precious device, you will be able to file a claim with the insurance company and get a replacement model seamlessly.
It is no secret that losing your Safelink phone can incontinence you a great deal. However, if you lose or misplace your Safelink phone, try to locate it using the methods that we have discussed above. In case these methods proves to be futile, consider contacting this carrier’s customer support team and narrate the incident. The agent will help you to get a replacement model so that you can remain connected. You will also have a chance to choose whether get a new phone number or keep your existing phone number. If you met the eligibility requirements to get a replacement model, be sure that you will get another phone within 10 days or thereabout. Thereafter, you can activate the phone and start enjoying this carrier’s service again.