Gone and never to come are those days when students had to class or lecture halls in order to learn. Nowadays, most of them usually learn remotely, thanks to modern technology. All that you need to have is a good internet connection and a device such as a tablet, smartphone, laptop or even a desktop computer. Thankfully, most students usually have a laptop, tablet, smartphone, or desktop computer for learning purposes. However, the main challenge most students grapple with is internet access.
With Kajeet SmartSpot WiFi hotspot device, be sure that you will be able to access internet from any location. Unlike other Wi-Fi hotpot devices, this one allows you to use the services of different carriers. Therefore, you do not have to strain your budget in order to remain connected to the internet. In this article, we shall outline how this device works and how you can use it, alongside other related ideas.
Kajeet Smartspot Wifi Hotspot Works by Providing Wireless Internet Access
To start with, this is a wireless device that allows you to create an internet connection from any location within the United States. With this device in place, you will be able to create a Wi-Fi hotspot, thus being able to tether nearly all internet devices that you might have at hand. From your laptop to your smartphone, there are a plethora of devices that you can tether this device with and enjoy a good internet connection.
Unlike other conventional Wi-Fi hotspot devices, this one works with all networks that operate in North America. Depending on where you live, you will have the luxury of choosing the network that suits your needs and use it on your Kajeet SmartSpot Wi-Fi hotspot device.
All you need to obtain is a SIM card from your preferred carrier and then insert it on this device. Since this device is 4G LTE enabled, you just need to tether it to your computer or laptop and you will be able to enjoy fast internet connection even from the comfort of your home.
To use a Kajeet SmartSpot, you need to activate the device and connect to the wireless network it provides
If you want to connect to the internet using Kajeet SmartSpot, here are the steps that can help you get started:
- First and foremost, ensure that the Kajeet SmartSpot is powered on. If you want to switch on the device, press the power button until the ‘WELCOME’ message pops on its screen.
- Once the device is powered on, press the menu button. This way, you will be able to access the various features of the device.
- If you want to get the ‘2.4 GHz WiFi INFO’, press the menu button twice and then press the power button once so that you can select it.
- Just like other Wi-Fi hotspot devices, this device’s network has a name. Its Wi-Fi network name is ‘Kajeet SmartSpot####’. In most cases, this name is usually next to the Wi-Fi symbol. Therefore, you can check it and note it down.
- Besides the Wi-Fi network name, you need to know the Wi-Fi password as well. Typically, the Wi-Fi password is next to the lock symbol.
- With the Wi-Fi name and password, you will be able to connect to the internet using your laptop, desktop computer, smartphone or even tablet.
- Since the device is ready, the next thing is to tether it with your preferred internet-access device.
To pair your Kajeet SmartSpot, follow these steps:
The process of pairing or tethering your Kajeet SmartSpot is generally easy and straightforward. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Ensure that your Kajeet SmartSpot Wi-Fi hotspot device is powered on. In case it has gone to sleep, press on its power button once so that it can wake up. By doing so, the device will be ready for tethering.
- Get your iPad or laptop ready. If you had not switched it on, power it on immediately. In case it had gone to sleep, press on the power button so that it can wake up.
- Once your laptop is on, tap on the Wi-Fi icon on the bottom right side of your screen. If you are using an iPad, you might have to go to the ‘Settings’ section and then tap on the Wi-Fi option. Here, you can go ahead and switch it on.
- Your device will be able to search for the most available Wi-Fi network. Here, you should be able to see the ‘Kajeet SmartSpot’ Wi-Fi network among the list of networks that are already present on your phone. Since you want to connect to Kajeet Smartphone Wi-Fi smartphone, tap it and proceed to the next step.
- You will be prompted to key in the password for the newly added Wi-Fi network. In most cases, the Wi-Fi password for this device is usually located next to the lock symbol. Here, the password can read ‘smartSpot1234’.Key in the exact password and then tap on the ‘Connect’ button.
- If everything is right, you should not be able to connect to the internet.
To Connect Your Kajeet SmartSpot to Your Chromebook, Follow These Steps-
First and foremost, ensure that the Kajeet SmartSpot Wi-Fi hotspot device is powered on. Thereafter, ensure that your Chromebook is powered on as well. Thereafter, go to the Wi-Fi settings of your Chromebook and search for the most available Wi-Fi network. If you have the Kajeet SmartSpot device near you, chances are that you will see the ‘Kajeet SmartSpot’ name among the Wi-Fi network names on your Chromebook.
Tap it and then key in the password that came with the Kajeet SmartSpot. In most cases, you will find this password next to the lock symbol of the Wi-Fi hotspot device. After keying in the password, tap on the ‘Connect’ button and you will be good to go.
Kajeet SmartSpot Pros and Cons
Kajeet SmartSpot comes with tons of benefits that will mesmerize you. Some of the advantages of having this device include:
- The Wi-Fi hotspot device allows you to access internet from any location. This goes a long way in enabling you enjoy unlimited convenience.
- It can work with a myriad of carriers that operate in North America. This makes it better than its peer models.
- The device is easy to use. As long as it is powered on, be sure that you can tether your laptop or tablet and connect to the internet.
- With this device in place, students are able to remain on task and safe from disrupting sites such as Spotify and Netflix. On the other hand, districts and schools can now be able to enjoy integrated filtering capabilities, thereby allowing them to get the most from their data.
- Upon receiving the device, you will be able to get a device manager, tier-1 support for student, parents and educators so that your program in college can be successful.
- The device allows you to reduce the overall cost of using internet as you can now subscribe to the $18 per month plan. Unlike other plans, this one tends to be less expensive and thus suitable for students in colleges or universities.
- The device is lightweight and portable. As a result, you can carry it to any point you please and enjoy internet connection on the go.
Although the Kajeet SmartSpot Wi-Fi hotspot comes with a number of benefits, such as the one’s mentioned above, it is not immune to some short-comings. These include:
- Some students claim that the device is quite expensive to afford.
All About Kajeet Devices
This is a small, portable, 4G-enabled Wi-Fi hotspot device that allows students studying in North America to access internet on the go. This means that they do not have to rely on Wi-Fi networks in their respective colleges or universities in order to access internet. With this device, they will be able to access internet and be able to learn even from the comfort of their homes. List of Kajeet devices –
- SmartSpot 900
- SmartSpot 6620
- SmartSpot 975
- SmartSpot 800
- SmartSpot T-41
- SmartSpot 923
- SmartSpot 8800
- SmartSpot ZTE 291-917
Frequently Ask Questions
What is Kajeet Sentinel?
This is an innovative cloud platform that powers Kajeet solutions and helps in managing and filtering content that students access whenever they are learning online. With Kajeet Sentinel, districts and schools are able to provide their students with much-needed access to online educational content in a safe manner.
This is because they are able to filter out any existing non-educational and unsafe material that might not be helpful to students. On the other hand, administrators are able to manage data allocations across all the carriers that operate in North America and also track how the students are utilizing their devices to access internet.
What is SmartSpot Class Pass?
Simply put, this is an intelligent spot management tool that helps studio partners to fill spots that they can’t fill on their own. To tell the spots that they are not likely to fill directly, this management tool take a closer look at the real-time reservation and studio’s fill history and then list them automatically with ClassPass.
What network does Kajeet use?
This device works with all the major wireless network that operate in North America. This means that you can use it with any carrier that offers its services to states located in North America.
How can I find my Kajeet SmartSpot password?
The process of finding this device’s password is generally easy and straightforward. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- To start with, ensure that the device is switched on
- Once the display is on, press on the menu or power button once so that you can access the device’s ‘Menu’. In case the screen is off, press the menu or power button so as to exit the sleep mode.
- Thereafter, press the menu button or power button again so that the device can display its Wi-Fi network name
- Press the press the menu button or power button once more so that the device can display its Wi-Fi network password.
- After that, navigate to the homescreen and then press the menu or power button two more times.
Besides this method, you can now locate the device’s Wi-Fi password by checking the text next to the lock symbol. In most cases, the password is usually located next to the lock symbol.
How much does Kajeet cost?
For as little as $260, you will be able to enjoy the services of this device for a period of 12 months. This fee is inclusive of the administrative fees that basically caters for the order processing costs. Kajeet wants to ensure that each student has an equal opportunity for academic success. Depending on your needs, Kajeet offers connectivity between $10-30 dollars per month – significantly below other non-filtered alternatives. Call 877-352-5338 for a support helpline.
Who owns Kajeet?
Kajeet is currently owned by three individuals. These include COO, Ben Weintraub and Daniel Neal CEO.