Would you like to unlock an AT&T phone? There are many considerations that you should make. Unlike other carriers, your device has to comply with AT&T unlock policy requirements. If your current device does not comply with these requirements, you might have to forfeit the entire unlocking process. This is because AT&T might not approve your unlock request. If you want to unlock your AT&T device, you will need to submit your request to AT&T so that your device can be checked whether it meets the requirements mentioned above or not.
If it does, you will get an unlock code that you can then use to unlock your device. This number is unique and depends on your phone’s model and manufacturer. Once you enter the code correctly, be sure that you will be able to unlock your device. After that, you will be at liberty to use the services of other carriers out there. In this article, we shall take an in-depth view of how you can unlock your AT&T device on your own for free.
Can I Unlock My AT&T Phone Myself
Yes. As we speak, you can now unlock your AT&T phone on your own. However, there are certain steps that you should follow. Here is how.
- Visit the AT&T unlock page “https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/” and then choose the ‘Unlock your device’ option that you will see there. Here, you need to read and agree to the terms that you shall see on your screen.
- Technically, you should be able to meet all the eligibility requirements so that you can successfully manage to unlock your device. If everything is okay, complete and then submit the application form.
- After that, you will receive a confirmation email that has the unlock request number.
- Click the link in that email within a period of 24 hours so as to confirm your unlock request. Failure to click the link within the stipulated time might make the unlock request to be canceled.
- Once you confirm your unlock request, AT&T will then respond within 2 business days as to whether your device is unlocked or not.
- If your application has been approved, you will receive a number of instructions in your email on how to unlock the device. This includes the unlock request number, among other details.
- After that, you should insert the new SIM card from the carrier of your choice and start enjoying its services on the go.
How to Unlock AT&T Phone without Paying It Off
Although you can unlock your AT&T phone without paying it off, it is essential that you first of all clear all the balances you had with the carrier before you unlock your device. However, this is only possible if you can afford to clear all those balances.
If not, you can contact the customer care team of this carrier and inform them that you want to unlock your device as soon as possible. A good reason for this could be that you intend to go abroad soon and you might be inconvenienced to use a locked device in a foreign country.
If you are a long-time postpaid account holding customer, chances are that they will unlock the device for you. However, paying off the phone is one of the main requirements for getting your phone unlocked.
Despite this, you should not feel limited to unlock your device if you have balances with the carrier. If you are able to contact the customer care team with a justifiable reason as to why you need your device unlocked, be sure that it will be done for you on the go.
Besides contacting the customer care team, their certain sites that can help you unlock your device without paying it off. As long as you have the unlock code, be sure that your device will be unlocked for you. More importantly, choose a reputable company to unlock the device for you.
Eligibility Requirements To Unlock an AT&T Device For Free
Like we mentioned above, there are some eligibility requirements that you should meet for you to unlock your AT&T device for free. Some of these requirements include:
- You must be a former or a current AT&T customer. However, there are exceptions for this. For instance, if you bought an AT&T privately, be sure that you will be able to unlock it.
- Your device should be from AT&T and not among the unlocked devices.
- Your device should not have been stolen or reported as lost.
- And, your mobile device should not be associated with any fraudulent activities such as money laundry, theft, and other crimes. Besides this, your device should not be blacklisted from the AT&T network.
- Your device should not be active on someone’s else AT&T account
- You must complete all the service commitment and installments plans that came with the device. Besides this, all early termination fees should fully be paid.
- In case you performed an early upgrade, it is important that you wait for the 14-day buyer’s remorse period to be over before you can make a request to unlock your device.
If your mobile device meets all these requirements, be sure that your unlock request will be approved. Even if you are not an active AT&T customer, you will still enjoy this service on the go.
How to Request Unlock Code from AT&T
The process of requesting an unlock code from AT&T is generally easy and straightforward.
- To start with, you should visit att.com/deviceunlock Once you visit that site, you will see a number of eligibility requirements to fulfill for your unlock request to be approved.
- If you have met all these requirements, click the ‘Continue’ button.
- If you have not been a customer of AT&T in the past, you should choose ‘Non-AT&T Mobility customer.
- After that, fill in your device’s details, such as the IMEI number. Also, you need to enter your first and last name. Finally, enter your email address and then proceed to the next step.
- Once you submit your approval application, AT&T will send a confirmation email to you so that you can verify that you are indeed the person who authorized the unlock process. Therefore, you should keep an eye on your inbox and see if you will get an email from AT&T. In most cases, this email arrives within 2 business days.
- The confirmation email will inform you whether your unlock request was approved or not. If your unlock request was approved, you will be sent a number of detailed instructions showing you how you should unlock your mobile device.
- If you do not get this email, you can check your unlock status online using your request number and IMEI. In case you cannot find an email or text from AT&T, you can consider submitting another unlock request, and the carrier will send a confirmation email to you. If you have an iPad or any wearable from AT&T, you do not need to submit an unlock request as they are already unlocked.
Unlock an AT&T Phone Without an Unlock Code
To perform the activity mentioned above, you can visit the carrier’s website and unlock your device from there. If you have been a good customer and have been paying all your bills on time, be sure that your device will be unlocked with ease.
To get started.
- Visit att.com/deviceunlock on your browser. Once you visit this site, you will see a number of options, including ‘Unlock a device’.
- After that, choose if you are an AT&T customer or not. If you are a customer, key in your account’s wireless number, your account holder name, account’s security PIN, your email address and then agree to the terms that you will see on your screen.
- Once you are done, press ‘Next.’
- If you are not an AT&T customer, enter your phone’s IMEI and then agree to the terms that will see on your screen.
- After that, press ‘Next.’ By doing so, you will be able to unlock your device without unlock code seamlessly.
Unlock Through Third-Party Service (You Have to Pay)
If you have tried to unlock your AT&T phone in the past but, due to one reason or another, have failed to succeed, third parties can help you unlock it with ease. The good news is that third parties usually unlock devices from different carriers as well.
However, it is imperative that you choose legal and reputable services as scammers are many. If you are not careful, you might end up losing your hard-earned money. Depending on your service provider, expect to pay about $60 or even more.
- The first step when using this method to unlock your AT&T device is to choose a reputable 3rd party service. Besides being reputable, you should choose a safe service to avoid losing your personal data. For optimal results, you can ask for recommendations from your friends or even family members. You can also visit their sites and then check reviews from different customers. By doing this, you will be able to make a wise decision. Ideally, your service provider should use legitimate methods so that you can get the much-needed results.
- Once you have found the service provider you want, the next step is to find out your IMEI number. To obtain your IMEI number, you should dial *#06# on your mobile device. This number is very critical when unlocking your AT&T mobile device. With these details, you can now visit your 3rd party service provider of choice and then enter the IMEI of your device.
- You will be prompted to make your payment so that you can get the unlock code. Make these payments and then move to the next step.
- Once you have paid, the service provider will send you an unlock code. This can take a few hours or even days.
- With the new code, you will be able to unlock your device and be able to use SIM cards from other carriers.
Which Models I Unlock on AT&T?
There are many models that you can unlock on AT&T. Some of these models include:
- Blackberry 5800
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- LG G2(D800)
- Nokia E61
- Google Pixel 4
- Alcatel 519A
- Siemens S40
- Sony Ericsson Z500
It is true to say that the process of unlocking an AT&T device is generally easy, as illustrated above. All you need to do is ensure that you comply with all the eligibility requirements mentioned above, and you will be good to go. If your unlock request is not approved, you can use third parties in order to unlock your AT&T device. Consider all the ideas mentioned above, and you will be able to unlock your AT&T device safely and securely.
Additional Post: How To Activate A New AT&T Phone Easily?