Earlier on, cell phones used to be few or non-existent in some parts of the world. The only way you could reach out to your friend or family member was through a landline. Although this service used to work magic in the yesteryears, sometimes, you could get unwanted calls every now and then. The bad news is that you had to answer them so that you could establish who is on the line. It is due to such reasons that one was promoted to block such calls. However, there are instances when you can block the phone number of a friend or family member by mistake. As a result, you may be prompted to unblock it on the go. Other times, you may change your mind and opt to unblock a certain phone number and so forth. In this article, we shall take a closer look at how you can unblock a phone number on a landline, alongside other related ideas.
Why Do People Block Calls on Landline
There are many reasons that can prompt you to block a phone number on a landline. To start with, you may be receiving unwanted calls from salesmen, strangers, or people who you do not want to talk to.
In such instances, the only way to cut them off is to block their calls on the go. In fact, you can block such phone calls and then report them to the authorities within your locality. Once you block them, they will hear a busy tone and the connection will be terminated almost immediately.
Better still, you may want to enjoy some peace of mind and thus prevent certain individuals from calling you every now and then. All you need to do is to block them and they will not be able to reach you as intended.
Thankfully, the blocking feature is not only prevalent on landlines but also modern smartphones. If you have a modern landline, you will not have to manually block such phone numbers as it will automatically do so without necessarily having to ring every now and then.
Unblock Phone Number on Landline
Since we have looked at the various reasons why you may be prompted to block a phone number on landline, time is ripe for you to know how you can unblock these numbers. Some of the techniques that can help you include:
Turn off Call Blocking On Per-call
To start with, the above-mentioned method is one of the temporary ways of unblocking phone numbers before every call. By doing so, the other person will not be able to reach you on phone. To put this into perspective, you should follow these steps:
- Dial *82 on your mobile device. In case you are beneficiary of the per-call blocking service from your telecom operator, you can utilize this universal code in order to unblock various phone numbers.
- Thereafter, dial the number of the person whose contact you have blocked and would like to unblock. Once you input the above-mentioned shortcode alongside the blocked contact, you may be able to contact the other person normally as he will be able to see your number on his phone’s screen.
- Since the *82 universal code is deemed to be a temporary method of trying to reveal your phone number, you have to repeat the same process any time you want to unblock a certain call. Better still, you can consider selective blocking. Unlike other methods, this one gives you the liberty to display your phone number only to a few cliques of individuals. For selective blocking, consider dialing *67 from your mobile device. By doing so, your number will not appear on your recipient’s mobile device. However, once you hang up, you will be able to unblock your phone.
Unlike the method we have discussed above, this one is permanent. As a result, it is deemed to be one of the most effective techniques in case you want to unblock any call that you had blocked in the recent past. To make this possible, you should contact the telecom service provider.
First and foremost, you should contact your service provider’s customer support team. Once you reach the customer support agent on the other end, ask him or her to remove per-line blocking feature that was activated on your line. Depending on your telecom operator, you might be charged some fees. You can go ahead and ask if there are any fees associated with that undertaking and pay them promptly. Thereafter, your Caller ID will be visible to all the people whom you will call using your phone.
How to Unblock Number on Suddenlink Home Phone
If you have been using Suddenlink’s home phone, be sure that you will enjoy a number of amazing features including the blocking feature that helps to avoid annoying calls every now and then. In case you want to unblock these phone numbers on Suddenlink, you should dial *87 in order to deactivate the blocking feature on your phone. Consequently, other people will be able to reach you on phone. Better still, your number will appear on their phone’s screen anytime you contact them.
Blocking Random Numbers And Then Unblocking
To activate the blocking feature on your phone, you should dial *77. However, if you want to switch off the blocking option, you just need to dial *87 on your mobile device. Remember that you are only allowed to block up to 10 phone numbers on your mobile device.
Blocking Specific Calls And Then Unblocking
Here, you need to press *once and then dial the number that you would like to unblock and then press * again in order to complete the entire process. If you are using Sudden Home phone and would like to unblock all the numbers that you are already blocked, you just need to call 08* and you will be good to go. Better still, dial 09* in order to do away with all private entries.
How To Unblock A Blocked Call On A Panasonic Phone
If you are using a Panasonic phone, you can still enjoy the blocking feature and thus prevent the nuisance that comes with unwanted calls. However, you are still at liberty to unblock these phone numbers anytime you, please. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- Before anything else, you should access all the blocked phone numbers on your mobile device. Here, you should go to the main menu and then navigate to where phone numbers have been displayed. If you had blocked 5 phone numbers, you will be able to find them here. To access the restricted numbers, utilize the Enter button and you will be good to go.
- Since you might find a couple of phone numbers on your phone’s block list, navigate down until you reach the phone number that you would like to unblock.
- Select the blocked phone number and then click on the X sign that you will see on your screen.
- By unblocking that number, the recipient of that number will be able to reach you with ease anytime he or she pleases.
If this method does not work well for you, consider using this alternative method:
- Go to the Menu button of your Panasonic landline device
- Press the # key.
- Thereafter, dial 217 so that you can access the list of the numbers you have blocked on your landline device.
- Utilize the down arrows so that you can scroll down to the number you would like to unblock.
- Once you are done, press the ‘Enter’ button.
- If you want to remove that number from the list of blocked calls, use the delete or the erase button. In case you want to confirm your action or choice, select the ‘Yes’ button.
- Thereafter, click on the ‘OK’ button and then the off button in order to return.
How To Unblock A Number On An AT&T Phone
With AT&T call-blocking program, all AT&T users will be able to block certain phone numbers from reaching them. All you need to do is to dial a unique access number on your phone and then block it using the phone’s keypad. Here, you need to dial ‘*60’ and you will activate the selective call rejection system.
To undo that, you will need to use the ‘*’ button and then dial the phone number you would like to unblock from your mobile device. Thereafter, confirm that you want to unblock the phone number by pressing the ‘#’ key.
How To Unblock A Number On Vtech Landline
If you normally use Vtech landline mobile phone, you can now unblock all the blocked phone numbers in your device with ease. To do this, you need to access the blocklist feature on your phone. Here, you are only allowed to block up to 20 phone numbers.
Once you access the blocklist feature on your mobile phone, press, ‘Select’ in order to review the phone number you want to unblock. Choose that number and then press ‘Delete’. Press ‘Select’ and you will be able to delete the number from the block list. By doing so, you will be able to unblock that particular number for good.
How do you block a number without letting them know
There are many ways you can block a number without letting the owner that you have actually blocked it. One of these ways is to put your phone on silent or assign a silent ringtone to their number so that anytime the person calls, your phone rings but you will not be able to hear it ringing.
Better still, you can ignore their calls anytime the person calls you. Instead of receiving the call, you can swipe the call off and then carry on with your phone activities as usual. Finally, you can go to ‘Recents calls’, choose the number you want to block, and then click on the ‘I’ icon so as to obtain information about the call. Choose ‘Block this caller’ and all calls and messages from that number will be blocked. This means that you will not receive any notification anytime the owner decides to call you. To add other numbers, you can go to the ‘Settings’ icon and then click ‘Phone’ and then ‘Call Blocking & Identification’. Once you are on that page, you will be able to add all the numbers you want to block with utmost precision.