Straight talk is a virtual mobile network that partnered with Verizon wireless to provide amazing services to customers. This makes Verizon phones compatible with straight talk. As a result, straight talk allows customers to switch with keep number from Verizon to their services effortlessly.
Note that before switching from Verizon to straight talk, your current phone must be unlocked. Fortunately, straight talk allows you not only to switch but also keep your number after switching to their services from Verizon. However, your current number MUST be active with Verizon wireless. In this guide, we walk you on how to switch from Verizon to straight talk and keep your number. We will also be discussing other related and relevant topics.
Steps To Switch From Verizon to Straight Talk And Keep Your Number
If you are a Verizon customer but not happy with their services, you can switch to straight talk anytime. Below is the process of switching from Verizon to straight talk:
- First, ensure that your phone is unlocked : To find out, just insert a non-Verizon SIM in your phone. If you receive an error ‘’SIM not supported’’ message, your phone is not unlocked. Here, you should go ahead and unlock your phone.
- Unlock your phone : The easiest way to unlock your number is calling or chatting Verizon customer care assistance from www.verizon.com. Here, the representative will help to unlock your phone for easier use with another carrier. Note that you might be asked to pay your outstanding service balance and early contract termination fee if applicable. You might also be asked to provide your phone IMEI number. To obtain your phone’s IMEI number, press *#06# on your phone’s keypad followed by ‘call’’ button. The representative will also give you unlock code.
- Reboot your phone : To complete the unlock process, you should reboot your phone. Note that different phone models have different rebooting method. Consult your phone’s user manual and reboot your phone. After, enter the unlock code obtained from the representative and the phone will shut off.
- Remove your phone’s battery : This is also a crucial step when unlocking your phone. Here, you should take off your phones back cover, remove the battery and the current SIM card. At this stage, your phone will be unlocked and ready to switch to straight talk.
- Switch to straight talk and keep your number : If you want to keep your number from Verizon to straight talk, you should first switch you Verizon unlocked phone to straight talk. Fortunately, the switch process is so easy. To get started,
- Talk to straight talk representative and let them know that you need to switch your current to their services.
- Next, tap ‘’select carrier’’ for them to check compatibility. In our case, provide Verizon wireless.
- Select the type of device that you need to switch: android or iPhone.
- Provide your current phones IMEI number and the representative will help to switch your phone.
Keep your number
After switching your phone, you can now port your existing phone number to straight talk. This is because straight talk allows customers to switch from Verizon and keep their number. Here, you can talk to straight talk and request the representative to port the number on your behalf. You can also do it yourself through a process discussed below. The process of switching your number might take a few hours. However, there are a few portability requirements to meet before switching from Verizon to straight talk and keep your number.
Requirements To Switch From Verizon To Straight Talk And Keep Your Number
- You must provide a valid phone number that you are transferring to straight talk
- The number that you want to port to straight talk must be active with Verizon service provider.
- You must have account number and a porting PIN number from Verizon wireless
- You must have a straight talk account and must be active over one month or else you will lose your number
- You must have agreed to straight talk number transferterms and conditions
How to switch from Verizon to straight talk and keep my number.
After meeting the requirements, you can now transfer your number from Verizon to straight talk and keep it. To transfer,
- Search “www.straightalk.com/activate” from your browser
- Next, select “activate my phone with a number transferred from another company’’
- Provide the number you want to transfer from Verizon to straight talk
- Follow the steps as directed on your screen to the latter
- Finally, you will successfully activate the number that you have transferred from Verizon to straight talk.
What happens after I switch from Verizon to straight talk and keep my number?
After switching from Verizon to straight talk and keeping your number, your Verizon account will be closed automatically. The phone number ported to straight talk will also be disassociated with Verizon automatically. Thereafter, you seize being a Verizon customer.
Can I change my straight talk number after transferring it from Verizon?
Yes. Once your Verizon number is transferred and activated for straight talk, you are free to change it. To change straight talk number to another straight talk number, call customer care representative for assistance. The contact number is 1-877-430-2355. You can also use their automated assistance system online.
Can Verizon refuse to port my number to straight talk?
No. Verizon cannot hinder you from transferring your number and activate in with straight talk. In fact, it allows you to transfer your number even if you have unpaid balance with them.
How long does it take to switch from Verizon to straight talk and keep my number?
The port-in process from Verizon to straight talk varies. More often, the transfer takes just a few hours. Other transfers take up to 2 days while others can extend up to 7 days. However, transfer of landline numbers from Verizon to straight talk takes longer. Landline numbers from Verizon to straight talk might extend up to 30 days.
Do you want to switch from Verizon to straight talk but afraid to lose your number? Worry less because straight talk has a remedy for you. The company has made porting your number to their services so easy giving customers a smooth experience. However, for a successful transfer, you must meet some requirements. For instance, you should have a porting PIN from previous mobile service provide ( Verizon wireless) , provide a valid account number from Verizon and other relevant details such as valid address. Providing correct details helps to fasten the process of switching from Verizon to straight talk. Follow our guide on how to switch from Verizon to straight talk and keep my number today and get to enjoy an array of straight talk services.