Verizon Wireless is a mobile network operator in the US that offers a number of reliable services to its customers. With this company, you get the best smartphone deals, affordable wireless plans, fastest internet connection and the best home phone connection services. As you know, Verizon offers multiple types of home phone connection services. For instance, it offers voice link, traditional home phone services and FiOS Digital voice. Since Verizon coverage is available in several states across America, be sure to receive the best Verizon home phone connection services.
However, as nothing is 100% perfect, so do Verizon home phone connection services! Although these services are flawless to many, a few consumers complain of unending Verizon home phone connection problems once in a while. Most of the commonly experienced problems are noise or static on calls, no dial tone and trouble making or receiving calls. If you are a victim of any of the above problems, fret not as we are here to help. In this guide, we will discuss the sources of these issues and how to solve Verizon home phone connection problems. Be our guest!
Common Reasons for Verizon Home Phone Connection Problems And How To Troubleshoot
As we have stated earlier, the main agenda of this guide is to explain how to fix Verizon’s home phone connection problems. Here, we will highlight some of these problems and how to troubleshoot.
1. No dial tone problem with Verizon home phone
Truth be told, nothing is as frustrating, annoying and inconveniencing as receiving a call and hearing absolutely nothing. In other words, this is called no dial tone. The bad thing with no dial tone is that it affects other services. Fortunately, there is always a quick way of fixing this problem. If you experience no dial tone problems with your Verizon home phone connection services, you can use Verizon troubleshooter to urgently solve the issue.
How to solve no dial tone problem
When troubleshooting Verizon no dial tone problem, you should not overlook the cause of the problem. For instance, you might experience no dial tone if the phone is off the hook. Also, you might experience this issue if your cordless phone is not connected to a functional power outlet.
To troubleshoot, ensure that your Verizon home phone is well connected to a phone jack. Also, connect your cordless phone to a functional power outlet for like 20 minutes to let it charge. If the battery is out of power, replace or charge it. After charging, listen to the dial tone again. Is there still a no dial tone? If yes, then the problem might be somewhere else.
The next solution should be checking a dial tone with another phone. To do this:
- Disconnect your initial phone from the jack or power outlet
- Connect your second phone to the same jack and check its dial tone.
- If the second phone has a dial tone, your initial phone is faulty and needs a replacement.
- If the issue is with the phone jack or an outside wiring, visit “Verizon troubleshooting page” and sign in to fix the issue or contact your service provider.
2. Noise or static on calls problem with Verizon home phone
Besides no dial tone, another annoying problem experienced with version home phone connection is hearing static, cracking sound or noise when making or receiving a call. The good thing is that this problem is mostly caused by simple things that are easy to correct on your own with no need of a technician.
Ho to solve noise or static on calls problem
The most ideal way of troubleshooting this issue is to remove all the potential suspects one by one until the problem is completely solved
There are several likely causes of noise or static from your Verizon home phone. Some of the major causes could be faulty jacks, cordless sets or poor weather.
If you suspect the problem is caused by damaged jacks, try another phone jack. You can also check noise or static from another phone if you suspect that your phone is faulty. To do this:
- Disconnect your initial phone from the jack
- Connect another phone to the same jack
- Check noise or static from your second phone. If all is well with your second phone, your initial phone is faulty and need a replacement.
- If you suspect the issue lies in your phone jack replace it.
- If both phones experience static or noise, visit “Verizon troubleshooting page” and follow their guided solutions on how fix the issue.
3. Issues receiving incoming calls Verizon home phone
There are several functions of a home phone. However, its primary function is making and receiving of calls. If you experience problems when receiving incoming calls with Verizon home phone connection, this can be extremely frustrating. The good thing is that this problem is so temporal and takes a few steps to rectify.
How to solve receiving incoming calls problem
If you experience issues when receiving incoming calls, there might be low signal levels within your area. Also, you might have mistakenly activated calling features like call block, do not disturb, call forwarding or anonymous call rejecting.
The first step to troubleshoot this problem is check whether you have activated the above mentioned features. If yes, unblock the phone number to be able to receive your calls seamlessly. Also, turn on your phone ringer and turn up its call volume.
If the problem still persist, you might be residing out of range thus poor or low signals. If you are too far from Verizon nearest cell tower, call their customer services for a solution or move closer to the tower.
Also, you can try receiving calls from another phone to check whether your initial phone is faulty. If you successfully receive calls from your second phone, your initial phone needs a repair or replace. If receiving incoming calls from the second phone problem still persist, visit Verizon troubleshooting page for detailed guidance on how to solve incoming call problems.
4. Difficulty making outgoing calls with Verizon home phone
If you experience problems when making outgoing calls with Verizon home phone connection, you should check out to ensure your home phone or phone jack is not faulty.
To solve that outgoing calls difficulty
Try making outgoing call with an alternative phone to ensure your phone is not faulty. To do that:
- Unplug your initial phone from the wall jack
- Plug a second phone to the same wall jack
- Make the call to check whether the problem still persist.
If you are able to make a call with the second phone, the initial phone needs to be replaced. However, if the problem still persist, the jack is faulty and need to be replaced. If the problem is not with the phone or jack, visit Verizon troubleshooting page for further guidance.
5. Verizon home phone will not power up problem
Besides the above problems, you can also experience issues with your Verizon home phone not powering up.
How to solve phone will not power up problem
The first way of solving this issue is to power on/off your device. Sometimes, your Verizon phone might not be powering up due to low inadequate power. To solve this, power off your phone and charge it for like 10 to 15 minutes. Once the phone has charged, press and hold its power button for few seconds to power it up.
Alternatively, you can solve this by resetting your Verizon home phone. The process of resetting your Verizon home phone is so easy. To reset your Verizon home phone,
- Open its battery cover.
- Press and hold the press button
- Wait till it displays “ resetting to factory defaults”
- This will reboot the phone to factory setting.
6. Verizon home phone battery won’t charge problem
More often than not, your Verizon home phone battery might experience slow charging or fail to charge at all. This might happen as a result of a faulty charger. However, your phone might fail to charge even though you are using a functional charger. If you experience such issues, follow the following steps to troubleshoot.
How to solve phone battery won’t charge problem
If you have trouble charging your Verizon home phone battery;
- Check to confirm that its charging port has no broken pins.
- Also, check to confirm there is no corrosion or water damage on the charging port.
- Once you confirm, press and hold the phone’s power button for like 5 seconds
- Remove the battery and reinsert a charged battery.
- Connect your phone to a wall charger and power it on
7. Verizon home phone battery drains too fast problem
Another common complains among users is Verizon home phone battery draining too fast. This could happen if your phone is over-working.
How to solve phone battery drains too fast problem
To help save your phone battery from draining too fast:
- Open settings on your device
- Adjust the display settings by lowering the screen brightness.
- Also, turn off connection and location settings like GPS, Bluetooth and WI-FI.
8. Verizon home phone not sending or receiving messages problem
If you are a victim of sending a message with your Verizon home phone without going through, you can follow tricks to troubleshoot.
How to solve not sending or receiving messages problem
- You can solve this problem by restarting your phone. Restarting helps to clear any minor bugs in your device that can be causing delays in sending and receiving of your messages
- You can so check your phone’s network settings and restore it to default settings.
- Also, check your phones message settings. This is to ensure you have not activated messaging block features.
- If your problem still persists, you can also call Verizon customer service and seek help on your problem.