What comes to your mind when you want to get entertained? Well, many people usually choose to stream videos online. Others choose to watch movies either on their TVs or laptop. If you are looking for a platform where you can get a wide spectrum of movies to choose from, Netflix tops the list. Netflix not only allows you to watch movies but also TV shows.
Also, you will have the luxury of watching your favorite documentaries and even episodes. Unlike other platforms, you can actually download all your favorite movies on this platform and watch them later. Generally, you will enjoy unlimited entertainment on Netflix. The good news is; you can now download Netflix on Nintendo Switch. But, how is that possible? This is a question that most Netflix fans have been asking. In this article, we shall cover this area at length for better understanding.
Can You Download Netflix On Nintendo Switch
First, you will note that Nintendo Switch is actually one of the best gaming consoles that you can invest in. With this console, you will not only play games but also watch all your favorite videos. From movies to TV shows, there is a lot of content that you can watch here. As long as you have a good internet connection, you can be sure to have plenty of videos to stream online.
However, it is essential to note that you can’t download Netflix on Nintendo Switch directly because it is not present on this console. However, there are alternatives. If you want to download it, there is a series of steps that you should follow. All this will cover later in the article.
Is Netflix Available On The Nintendo Switch e-Shop
Although Nintendo Switch allows you to enjoy a number of streaming services online, Netflix is not actually one of them. I mean, you can’t visit Nintendo Switch e-shop online and download the Netflix app.
Also, you will not be able to watch Netflix on the console’s web browser. However, there are other streaming services that are offered here, such as YouTube, Hulu, and Funimation. It is important to note that the Netflix application is only supported by Nintendo’s 3D family. This includes:
- New Nintendo 3DS XL
- New Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo 3DS XL
Process To Get Netflix On My Nintendo Switch
Since you cannot get Netflix on the Nintendo Switch e-shop, the only solution left is to set up Nintendo Switch on your television first and later install the Netflix app on this console. For you to set up Nintendo Switch on your television, you should;
- First open the back cover of the Nintendo Switch Dock. After that, connect the USB plug from this console to the AC adapter and later connect the AC adapter to a wall outlet.
- Once this is done, you can now take the HDMI cable and connect it to the HDMI OUT terminal on the console and then connect the other end of the cable to the HDMI port of your TV. It is important to ensure that everything is set before you switch on your TV.
- If everything is okay, time is ripe for you to switch on your TV. Once the TV is on, choose the correct HDMI source.
- Thereafter, launch the Nintendo Switch on your TV and click on the home menu option
- Once you have launched the Nintendo Switch on your TV, you can now go ahead and log in to your account. Ideally, you should enter the correct details for a successful login process.
- Move to the Home screen, and you will see the e-shop icon. Click it.
- Once you click this icon, it will open, and you will see a search box. Tap on it and then search for the Netflix app.
- Here, you will see a number of results, and the Netflix app will be one of them. From those results, choose the Netflix app and then install it. The installation process might not take long. In fact, if you have a good internet connection, it should take a few minutes, and you will be good to go. Once the installation process is over, you can now open the Netflix app. Enter the correct Netflix login details, and then you will be able to watch all your favorite films, TV series, movies, and so on.
It is imperative to note that you can now find the Netflix app on this console’s home button. Therefore, you will have an easy time accessing Netflix app as you just need to click the home button of Nintendo Switch, and you will be good to go.
Besides the method mentioned above, you can now get Netflix on your Nintendo Switch by installing Android OS on the console. If you choose this method, you should have the much-needed knowledge of the process as a lot can change thereafter. The warranty of the console might be interfered with, among other things.
Therefore, this process should be undertaken by an expert since a lot of work is involved. However, once you have the Android OS on your console, you can be sure that you will have an easy time downloading the Netflix app. All you need to do is;
- Visit the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Netflix app, install it and then launch it.
- After that, you will be able to watch all your favorite TV shows and movies on the console.
See More : Micro HDMI vs Mini HDMI
Streaming Apps That Are Available On Nintendo Switch
As we have mentioned above, it is not possible to directly stream Netflix on Nintendo Switch. However, there are other streaming services that you can consider. They include; YouTube and Hulu, Funimation, and so on.
If you are interested in watching YouTube videos on your console, you just need to download the YouTube app from the e-shop and then start streaming your desired content. Also, you can download Hulu from Nintendo Switch and start watching your favorite content.
Finally, you can now download Funimation from Nintendo Switch’s e-shop and then start streaming your favorite content. You should note that you need a Funimation Premium membership so as to stream content on this platform.
Typically, it costs $5.99 per month. The good news is that there is a 14-days free trial for those interested in this membership. As we look into the future, it is expected that other streaming services will be available on the Nintendo Switch e-shop. These include Amazon Prime Videos, Netflix, and so on.
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
How can I add apps to my Nintendo Switch?
The process of adding apps to your Nintendo Switch is basically easy. All you need to do is go to the Nintendo e-shop on this console and then log in to your account. Ensure you enter the correct details and then select search on the home menu button. After that, search for the app you want and then download it. Install it, and you can be sure that you will always have access to this app anytime you click the home button of this console.
Does Nintendo Switch need Wi-Fi?
Not really. However, this console needs internet during the setup process. Here, you require to create a Nintendo account to enjoy the offer by this console. Consequently, a good internet connection is needed to ensure that the whole process becomes a success. Also, you might need internet whenever you want to update your software now and then. Generally, it does not hurt to have a good internet connection whenever you are using this console.
Is Nintendo Switch worth buying?
Yes. More importantly, this console is worth the money as you will have an opportunity to play your favorite games, watch movies and TV shows. Generally, you will take your home entertainment to a whole different level.
Since Netflix is one of the most popular video streaming services, it is no secret that most people would wish that it should be on Nintendo Switch. However, this is not the case. Since you cannot find Netflix on the Switch e-shop, you should consider following the steps mentioned above, and you will get Netflix on this console. This way, you will be able to watch all your favorite TV shows, documentaries, movies, and so forth from your Nintendo Switch.