Once you have a Cricket phone number, be certain that you will enjoy a number of benefits. From a good network coverage to affordable cell phone plans, there are tons of benefits that you are likely to reap from this carrier. Although the Cricket phone number can enable you enjoy all these benefits, there are certain instances when you might want to change it.
The good news is that Cricket Wireless allows you to changing your phone number with utmost precision. To learn more about how you can change Cricket phone number, considerations to make and other related ideas, read the article below and you will be all set!
Reasons To Change Your Cricket Phone Number
There are many reasons that can prompt you to change your Cricket phone number. Some of these reasons include:
- You want to get rid of unwanted or scam calls. By getting a new Cricket phone number, you can be sure that only those who know your new number will be able to contact you on phone.
- You have broken up with your lover and want to start a new life altogether. This can go a long way in enabling you enjoy some peace of mind.
- You intend to Globalize your phone number beyond your country or region. In this case, it makes sense to changing your Cricket phone number
- You want to divide between your public life and private life. Here, you can consider getting a new phone number for your personal life and another one for business purposes. Even if you receive multiple marketing calls, you will not get scared as there is a special phone number for that purpose. On the other hand, the personal phone number can be used to keep in touch with your loved ones and friends.
Considerations To Make Before Changing Cricket Phone Number
Although Cricket Wireless allows you to changing your phone number, there are certain considerations that you should make. Some of the vital considerations that you should make include:
- First and foremost, ensure that your Cricket Wireless account is active
- Brace yourself to incur a $15 number change fee. However, this does not apply to new customers who have joined the network and would like to transfer their service from their previous service providers.
- You will not have the luxury to change to toll-free or vanity number.
Steps To Change Cricket Phone Number
If you want to change your Cricket phone number, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Reach out to this carrier’s customer support team by dialing 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538).
- Once you reach the customer support agent on the other end, let him or her know that you want to change your Cricket phone number.
- To establish your identity, the agent will ask you vital details such as your full name, the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number, your date of birth and so forth. For optimal results, ensure that you have these details at hand so that you can provide them upon request.
- After the agent confirm that you are the primary owner of your account, you will now be free to change your number to any number you please within your area code.
- Thereafter, your phone number will be changed and a new one will be in use. You can now use the new phone number to reach out to your friends, family members, business colleagues and so forth. As long as you alert them that you have changed your phone number, you will be good to go.
Frequently Ask Questions
What To Expect Once In Change Cricket Phone Number?
Once you change your Cricket phone number, there are a number of changes that will take place. Some of these changes include:
- You will lose all your voicemail greetings on your device. However, once you receive your new number, you can now go ahead and create a new voicemail greeting.
- Your family members and friends might not be able to reach you using your old phone number. Therefore, you need to let them know that you have changed your Cricket phone number and offer them the new one.
Can I Change Cricket Phone Number Free Of Charge?
Not really. You will be charged $15 as the number change fee. Thankfully, this fee does not apply to new customers who would like to join this carrier from another service provider.