Tablets are vital tools with several benefits among them education purposes. Consequently, they are arduous and expensive to acquire. As a result, the federal government initiated free tablet offers to low income families, the disabled, and the less privileged. However, to benefit, you have to strictly fit in their choice criteria. This is because there are strict rules and guidelines on free tablets from the government. The availability of free tablet giveaways from the government is also scarce. Therefore, the probability of missing out on the giveaway is so high.
This should not scare you. This is because there are other non-profit organizations and charity programs that give free tablets. In our guide today, we will discuss in detail how to get a free tablet from the government, eligibility, and application process. We will also discuss other alternative ways to get a free tablet. Read through!
Free Government Tablet Program In 2022
If you live in the United States, you might be lucky to get a free tablet from the government under strict eligibility criteria. This is because the government is fully aware of the immense importance of tablets. The government is also aware that tablets are expensive and not affordable to all. Therefore, every year, the government sets aside some funds to break the digital divide.
This is where it helps low income families to acquire a free tablet in order to access digital technology. To contribute to the country’s development, the government ensures low income families or individuals also get in touch with the latest technology.
Also, the government provides free tablets to needy students to boost their education performance. In some states, the government conducts these giveaways through nonprofit charity organizations or government federal aid programs.
To acquire free tablets from the government, you have to send an application form, attach eligibility documents, wait for approval and receive your gadget. To get approved, your documents will be screened thoroughly to prove that you are qualified. Note that eligibility differs from one state to another. Therefore, it’s important to find out your residential state’s eligibility for a free tablet from the government before sending an application.
In the event your request for a free tablet from the government gets a rejection, despair not. This is because there are other alternative ways to get a free tablet.
Who Qualifies Free Government Tablet Program?
As mentioned above, eligibility criteria for free government tablets vary from one state to another. Therefore, find out the eligibility criteria from your state and how it differs from other states. Also, you should have all the required documents for your free tablet application from the government. All documents should be valid else you will miss the chance of getting your free tablet. Below are different categories of people that qualify for free tablets from the government.
- You qualify based on your total income household. That means, if your total income household is below the federal poverty guideline, you can get free tablet from the government.
- You qualify if you an active member of government assistance program. Since these programs offer help to financially strained households, all active members are considered needy and vulnerable. Some of these federal aid programs are: Medicaid, supplemental security income, supplemental nutrition assistance program, veterans and survivors pension benefit, federal public housing assistance, Head Start, Low income home energy assistance program, social security disability, food support, adult and child mental health management employment service.
- You qualify in case you have any cases of disability.
- May quality if you are a student from financially strained families.
- You qualify if you are a member of emergency broadband benefit (EBB) program. This program provides discounted tablets and broadband plans to low income families in support of the government. To apply, contact any broadband service provider to check whether you qualify, send an application form either online or via mail-in, wait for approval and get your free tablet. Its eligibility criteria is that similar to lifeline and gives out tablets like apple iPad 10.2, Lenovo Tab E10, Huawei Media Pad T3, and amazon Fire 7 among others. Some of the broadband service providers to contact include boost mobile, Verizon, Comcast, Assurance wireless and True Connect.
- Finally, you qualify as a member of specialized telecommunication assistance program. This is a Texas state funded program that provides free electronic tablets to Texas residents. However, it does not check on participant’s income, social security number or federal aid program membership as eligibility criteria. To apply, all you need is date of birth, your signature, proof of Texas residency, ID card and your name. You also need a certifier to sign your application and attest that you qualify for the tablet based on your age and residency.
Necessary Documents For Government Free Tablet Applications In 2022
There are a number of documents that are necessary when applying for a free government tablet. Note that different states and organizations require different types of documents. Also, the category of your eligibility matters. For instance, if you qualify as disabled, you are required to provide distinct documents from those who qualify based on their household income. All in all, when applying for free tablets, you should submit valid documentation with no screenshots, unreliable or hand-written documents accepted. Below are some of the documents required during application?
- Documents required through disability
- A letter or document from a government medical source proving that you are indeed disabled with your kind of disability.
- Documents required through household income
- Pension statement of benefits.
- Your social security statement of benefits
- A veteran administration document
- Your unemployment statement of benefits.
- Federal letter of participation in general assistance
- Your annual federal/tribal tax return document.
- Documents required through federal government programs
- Federal Pell grant
- a dated letter of participation in food support program
- a dated letter proving Medicaid program eligibility
- social security disability
- employment service document
- extended foster care among others
- Other common necessary documents
- Your contact document
- Your salary slip
- Residence address
- Photo ID proof
Documentation Sending Process
There are different methods of sending your application depending on your state of residence, Lifeline Provider, or government institution of your choice. More often, these institutions have reliable websites that allow you to fill an application form, attach virtual images of your documents and send online. Some also allow you to send through email, mail, or in-person delivery to their physical address.
Companies That Offer Government Free Tablet In 2022
The federal government paid partnerships with a number of companies to offer free tablets to eligible applicants. Some of these companies are lifeline service providers, charities, and non-profitable organizations. In our guide below, we have explained them in detail.
1. Q Link Wireless
Q Link is one of the most reliable lifeline service providers and emergency broadband benefit companies that provides free tablets on behalf of the government to EBB eligible customers. Besides, the company also offers free data services, free call minutes, and free text messages that allow you to access affordable communication with the tablets.
To get these free tablets, you just need to visit https://qlinkwireless.com/signup/g-6-717/, fill an application form, attach the necessary proof of eligibility and follow subsequent screen instructions. During application, you are required to pay few dollars $10, 01 that should be done within one month. After, wait for the approval and get the tablet shipped to you within 6 to 8 weeks. These free tablets come with features like WIFI capability, microphone, and webcam.
SmartRiverside is another company that offers free tablets and also laptops to low income households on behalf of the government. The company cooperates with a number of non-profit organizations to offer this help to needy families. To get a free tablet from them, you should fill their low revenue program application form, prove eligibility and wait for the approval.
3. World Computer Exchange
World Computer Exchange is another government-supported company that offers free tablets and internet access to students and young people that need one but can’t afford it. The company coordinates not only with the government but also with some libraries, NGOs, and other institutions. To get a free tablet from them, you just need to apply and attach an explanation of why you need the tablet.
4. Assurance Wireless
Assurance Wireless is another lifeline wireless service provider that gives out free tablets to low income families on behalf of the government. The company also gives out internet and communication services for free or at a cheaper cost to needy families.
To get a free tablet from assurance wireless, fill an application form on their official site, meet their eligibility criteria, submit the form, pass their screening process and acquire your free tablet.
List Of Other Companies That Offer Free Government Tablet
- Easy Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Maxsip Telecom
- PCs for People
Best Free Government Tablet Model
- Samsung galaxy tab S7
- Samsung galaxy tab active 2 8’’ ruggedized tablet
- Lenovo Tab M10 plus tablet
- LG G pad 5 4GB LTE unlocked tablet.
- New Microsoft Surface Go 3 tablet
How To Get Free Tablets For Low-Income Families From Charities And Non-profit Organizations?
In need of a free tablet, you can try your luck from various charities and non-profit organizations. These organizations have programs that offer free tablets to needy households that have applied. As long as you have attained their eligibility standards, be assured to get a free tablet within few days after application. From them, you can either get a new tablet or a refurbished one along with other devices like notebooks or PCs. They always aim at providing maximum help to needy households or students in colleges and universities. To know more about charities and non-profit organizations that provide free tablets, read our guide to the end.
- The Salvation Army: This is a non-profit organization that works with the aim of helping the needy in the society. The organization provides some fundamental needs like food, clothing and furniture among others. More often than not, this organization provides other items like laptops, free phones or tablets to needy families and students. To get free tablet, visit their official site or physical store, request for a free tablet, talk to them about your financial situation, allow them to review your situation, wait for approval and get a free tablet.
- Everyoneon.org: This is another charitable program that works in favor of low income families. To be more precise, it helps families with an annual income of less than $35000. The organization has a program that offers new/ refurnished computers or tablets either for free or at a reduced cost. The program is available across 50 states of the United States and offers other facilities like free employment classes and digital literacy training. To get free tablets from them, visit their official site, request for free tablet, wait for approval and get your free tablet.
- Freecycle: It is a volunteer and nonprofit organization that provides free items and links borrowers with givers. The program has a website with well classified items to give out. From the website, you can also ask help from willing givers and get a response in regards to your request. Note that the program has no income restriction.
- Local churches: Some local churches have donations and charity programs that provides various help to the needy. Therefore, it’s possible to get free tablets from well-wishers in your local church. All you need to do is visit your local church leader, explain your request and he will help you get the help you need.
- Komputers 4 kids: It’s a volunteer program that offers refurbished PCs and tablets to the needy for free. This volunteer program collect default tablets, refurbish and distribute them to the needy.
How To Send Application For Low-Income Families’ Free Tablets?
When sending applications for low income family’s free tablets, always ensure to fill out correct and valid information on the application form. After, attach all required documents of eligibility and submit them to the organization or government institution that provides free tablets. You can either send the application online via their correct official website, in their physical offices, through email or by mail. It is very important to avoid mistaken information while sending your application for getting a Free Tablet. Also, avoid incomplete applications.
What Type Of Benefit Do I Get If Qualified For Lifeline Program?
If you qualified for Lifeline Program, you are definitely eligible for a free tablet from the government. Besides, there are other benefits that follow you as a member of Lifeline Program. These benefits are:
- You get free tablet along with free or cheap and discounted internet plans allowing you to afford communication services.
- Free tablet with lifeline will helps gain better opportunities in education.
- Free tablet will expose you to better job opportunities.
- With Lifeline, you will be able to access latest technology or free, improve your standard of living and break the digital divide.
- Free tablets from lifeline will help you work remotely.
As seen, the government offers free tablets to low income people under strict eligibility criteria in different states of America. Besides the government, you can also seek help from churches, non-profit organizations, surf the internet for help or seek help from public libraries. Visit reliable government institutions today and get a free tablet from the government.