If you are an US resident, you’re already aware that cricket wireless is a very reliable prepaid wireless service provider in the US. This company offers reliable nationwide 45/5G coverage through AT&T network towers. With this carrier, you will also enjoy cheap, unlimited wireless plans and cheap data options with high-speed download and streaming speeds. When it comes to a mobile hotspot, this carrier also got you covered. If you want to save more on mobile data, consider using a mobile hotspot today.
Besides saving more on mobile data, the mobile hotspot allows you to enjoy more convenience as you will not have to rely on your home Wi-Fi network. Therefore, you can be assured that all your devices will be connected to the internet seamlessly. Whether you have an extra phone or laptop, you will be able to connect to the internet via your mobile hotspot. However, there are certain eligibility requirements that you must meet so that you can get this much-needed data. In our guide today, we will discuss all that you need to know about Cricket Mobile hotspot for better understanding.
Cricket Mobile Hotspot
Unlike other carriers, Cricket Wireless now allows its users to enjoy a good internet connection via a mobile hotspot. As long as you have mobile hotspot data, you will be able to connect other wireless devices to the internet via your hotspot device.
As far as Cricket Wireless mobile hotspot data is concerned, be sure that you will enjoy up to 10GB of high-speed data. This way, you will be able to share your mobile data with your loved ones and friends. Consequently, they will be able to remain connected inexpensively.
Eligible Guideline for Getting Cricket Mobile Free Hotspots
Cricket Mobile hotspot is free with the $60 unlimited plan. However, you need a hotspot device, and the data cap for the hotspot is set up to 15 GB. You can buy additional data at $10 for 15 GB through your Cricket wireless mobile app.
Steps To Get Cricket Mobile Wireless Hotspot
By now, you are aware that Cricket Wireless now allows its users to enjoy mobile hotspot data. If you want to enjoy the services of this carrier’s mobile wireless hotspot services, you need to have an eligible phone and then subscribe to the Cricket Core unlimited plan. Typically, this plan goes for $55 per month. Better still, subscribe to an eligible grandfathered plan.
Apart from the above-mentioned Cricket Wireless cell phone plans, if you subscribe to the Cricket More unlimited plan, you will still get mobile hotspot data that you can utilize to keep all your home devices connected. It is imperative to note that this plan goes for $60 per month. For more details, visit “cricketwireless.com/support/mobile-wifi/mobile-hotspot.html”
Steps to Setting Up Your Cricket Mobile Hotspot
The process of setting up a Cricket mobile hotspot is not difficult per se. However, the steps that you will follow will depend on your phone model. For instance, if you are using an Android device, the process that you will follow when setting up a cricket mobile hotspot is different from the one that you will need to use when using an iPhone device. Here is a breakdown of the steps that you should follow:
1. When using an Android device
If you are using an Android device as your Cricket mobile hotspot, here are the steps that can help you get started:
- To start with, go to the ‘Settings’ option
- Navigate to the ‘Network & Internet’ option
- Choose the ‘Hotspot & Tethering’ option. After that, click on the ‘Wi-Fi hotspot’ option.
- To enable the ‘Wi-Fi hotspot’ feature, click on the pill button that you will see on your screen.
- Choose a hotspot name of your choice. Remember that this name will always feature on the Wi-Fi network of other devices whenever you have switched on the Wi-Fi hotspot feature of your Android device.
- Choose ‘Security’ as ‘WPA2-personal’
- After that, ensure that you create a password for your Wi-Fi hotspot network. Once again, other devices need to key in this password every time they want to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Once you are done, you will have successfully set up a Wi-Fi hotpost on your Android device.
2. When using an iPhone device
Just like the Android device, setting up a mobile hotspot on your iPhone device will only take a couple of minutes and you will be good to go. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option
- Navigate to the ‘General’ option
- Choose the ‘Cellular’ option and you will be directed to contact Cricket so that you can enable the mobile hotspot feature on your device.
- Once the hotspot feature is enabled, go back the ‘Settings’ option.
- Here, you will see the ‘Personal Hotspot’ option on your screen. Click it and then choose a new Wi-Fi password.
- By carrying out the above-mentioned steps, you will have managed to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot on your iPhone device.
3. When using a Windows phone
Besides Android and iPhone devices, Windows devices can double up as ordinary phones and mobile hotspot devices. If you want to activate the mobile hotspot feature on your Windows phone, follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option
- Navigate to the ‘Internet sharing’ option and then switch on the sharing feature.
- If your mobile data is still on, you will be able to set up your Wi-Fi hotspot name and password.
- Key in these details and then tap on the ‘Done’ button.
- By following the above-mentioned steps, you will have managed to create a Cricket mobile hotspot on your Windows device.
Requirements For Cricket Mobile Hotspot
Like we mentioned above, not everyone can enjoy Cricket mobile hotspot services. Instead, only those who have eligible devices can be able to enjoy these services. Besides this, you should fulfill any of the following requirements:
- Subscribe to the Cricket Core plan, which costs $55 per month.
- Subscribe to an eligible grandfathered plan
- Subscribe to the Cricket More plan that goes for $60 per month. (Here, you will be allotted some mobile hotspot data)
Cricket Mobile Hotspot Eligible Phones
When it comes to Cricket mobile hotspot, not all devices can offer the much-needed services. As a result, only eligible devices can work as Cricket mobile hotspot devices. Some of these eligible devices include:
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 5S
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone XS
- Apple iPhone 13
- Apple iPhone 12
- Motorola G6 Forge
- Motorola Moto G Power
- Motorola Moto G Pure
- Motorola Moto G Play
- Samsung Galaxy A10e
- Samsung Galaxy A11
- Samsung Galaxy A6
- Samsung Galaxy A03s
- Samsung Galaxy A12
- TCL Classic
- Nokia 3.1 C
- Nokia C5 Endi
- Nokia 3.1 Plus
- ZTE Overture 3
- ZTE Blade X
- TCL 30 Z
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- ZTE Blade X2 Max
- Samsung Galaxy A13
To learn more, visit “cricketwireless.com/support/mobile-wifi/hotspot-eligible-phones.html”
Troubleshoot Cricket Mobile Hotspot In Case Of A Problem
Although the Cricket mobile hotspot might be working optimally at first, there are certain instances when it might not work whatsoever. In the subsequent sections, we shall discuss the various ideas that can help troubleshoot this problem on the go.
- Your carrier might be experiencing problems on their end. Consequently, you might not enjoy the much-needed Cricket Wireless network. Since your mobile hotpost relies on the data coming from Cricket Wireless, your connectivity will be adversely affected. To be on the safe side, you should check with Cricket Wireless and establish if there is an issue with their network or not.
- Your locality is not covered by Cricket Wireless network. As a result, you might have to relocate to an area that enjoys this carrier’s network coverage.
- You have exhausted your mobile hotspot data. If this is the case, you might have to purchase another package so that your mobile hotspot can keep working.
- You entered the wrong APN settings on your mobile hotspot. Here, you will be required to reconfigure your Cricket mobile hotspot with the correct APN settings so that you can get connected again.
- Your Cricket mobile hotspot has bugs and glitches. To keep such elements at bay, you need to restart your device. Better still, clear the cache and see how it goes.
- You have turned on the power saving mode on your Cricket mobile hotspot. Unlike other modes, this one disrupts the effectiveness of many features, including the mobile hotspot. To optimize the performance of your device, you will be required to switch off. Additionally, you need to ensure that your Cricket mobile phone is fully charged before use. This way, you will not have to switch on the power-saving mode every now and then.
- Your Cricket mobile hotspot is using the 2.4 GHz band instead of 5.0 GHz band. The latter band will ensure that you get a better connection on the go.
Frequently Ask Questions
How Many GB Of Hotspot Does Cricket Offer
If you meet the eligibility requirements of this carrier, you will be able to enjoy 10GB of high-speed mobile internet data.
Who Benefits From Cricket Mobile Hotspot
The Cricket mobile hotspot offers a number of benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- It allows you to save more on your mobile data.
- It allows you to connect different devices to the internet at the same time
- With this mobile hotspot, you will enjoy more convenience as you do not need to rely on home Wi-Fi network in order to remain connected. This means that you can travel in a remote area and still remain connected.
- It allows you to work online
- The mobile hotspot allows you to access emergency healthcare services.
- It allows you to learn online.
- It gives you an opportunity to get entertained. This can be attributed to the fact that you can play mobile games, surf the internet, watch online movies and so forth.
- It allows you to look for better job opportunities online.
- It allows you to remain connected with your loved ones.
How Fast Is Cricket Mobile Hotspot
With Cricket mobile hotspot, you will be able to enjoy internet download speeds of up to 4Mbps and 8Mbps when using HSPA+ and 4G LTE devices respectively. Compared to other types of internet connection, this one is quite fast and thus will allow you to do a number of activities online.
What Network Does Cricket Use
Cricket Wireless is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator that relies on AT&T network. Thankfully, AT&T has a good network coverage across the United States.
Does Cricket Offer Unlimited Hotspots
Not really. Once you exhaust your 10GB of mobile hotspot, your internet speeds will reduce to 128Kbps. This will go on until you your billing cycle comes to an end. Better still, this will continue until you purchase a new mobile hotspot data package. However, once your billing cycle starts, or you purchase an additional mobile data package, be certain that your internet speeds will resume.
How Do I Tell If My Cricket Mobile Hotspot Is Still Running
If your Cricket mobile hotspot is running, be sure that you will be able to see a status indicator on your screen. Therefore, you can always keep an eye on this indicator in order to ensure that your Cricket mobile is still in use.