Cordless phones are the old types of telephones made of stationed base phones and portable handsets. They are cordlessly connected to communicate through the help of radiofrequency. Although these phones are old, they still exist up to date. They are mostly used in large homes, large buildings, and businesses for efficient communication. With the help of a headset for cordless phones, you can make or answer calls hands-free and still walk around without inconveniencing your call. With that in mind, let’s understand how to connect and use a wireless headset with cordless phones.
Using a Wireless Headset With a Cordless Phone
As seen, wireless headsets make work easier during communication as it helps to make and receive calls without having to hold your phone on hand. To use-
- Ensure your handset has a headset port. On the port, insert your modular plus. Note that, headphones should not be connected directly to your handset. You should first insert your modular plug: directly connect cable or amplifier. These plugs help to boost the quality of your sound.
- Insert your headset on your modular plugs and push the ‘call control button’ to activate your headset. This makes you free to make or receive your phone and still roam around the building.
- After the call, you can use the same button to deactivate the headset or still leave it activated for the next call.
Factors To Consider When Purchasing Cordless Phones With Headset
There are several types of cordless telephones. Note that, not all cordless phones are compatible with headset. As a result, watch out the following features before purchasing your telephone.
- Headset port. Make sure your phone has a headset port for plugging in your headset. The port should also hold an amplifier or direct connect a cable.
- Answering machine. It is impossible to use headsets without an answering machine. Also known as handset, this device normally holds headset ports.
- Range to cover. This is also an important factor to consider. Look at it this way, when your phone covers short-range, then the headset is rendered unnecessary. Therefore, make sure your phone has wide signal strength to allow walk around as you communicate with your headsets without losing connection.
- Speakerphone. This is another crucial factor to consider. Perfect speakerphone on your cordless phone allows you to have efficient communication with your headsets. It boosts audibility and helps to filter background music that limits better communication.
- Expandability. When purchasing your phone, make sure it is expandable to several handsets. This factor favors big family homes and offices with many users.
- Battery life. Make sure your phone has a long-life battery and rechargeable back up battery to avoid inconveniencing your communication.
Advantages of Using Cordless Phones With Headset
- Freedom of mobility and multitasking : The use of headset gives the freedom to walk around while still on a call. However, you must be within your phone’s communication range. Headsets also allow you to make or receive calls hands-free, giving you room to conduct other activities simultaneously.
- Safe to use : Headsets have low-frequency waves thus considered safe and non-harmful to use. They also have protective that hinders ear or brain damage.
- They have background noise filters : If your office or home is situated in a noisy environment, then headsets are the best to use. This is because they are installed with background noise filters allowing you to make calls without destruction.
- They promote comfort : With headsets, you can make or receive calls from any position. For instance, in an office, it prevents receiving calls while seated all day long. It gives allowance to communicate while standing, which eases back pains. You can also communicate hands-free, easing neck cramps and hand strain.
- Quality sound : Headsets have their own speakers. They are also plugged into the handsets along with amplifiers. This boosts voice quality, for effective communication.
Best Cordless Phones With Headset
1. Panasonic KX- TGE 474S Cordless Phone
This amazing phone has a headset port making it one of the best cordless phones with a headset. It uses DECT 6.0 technology that prolongs its signal range, giving freedom for mobility. This makes it suitable for huge homes and business buildings.
It also boasts perfect speakers for quality sound and reliable noise cancellation features to filter out background noise. Moreover, you can easily know who is calling even while away, as it features a loud edible caller ID to announce the name of the caller. Not to forget, it has an easy-to-push block button to block out frauds and unwanted calls.
- It is expandable to four headsets.
- It uses DECT 6.0 technology for a wider signal range.
- Has caller ID and easy to use the block button.
- High-quality sound production and background noise filters.
- You have to reset its ringing volume every day.
2. BT Diverse 7150 Plus Phone
BT diverse 7150 plus is another great cordless phone with a headset. This amazing phone is built with a digital answering machine and a headset package for effective communication. They are popularly used in large homes and big business premises, as they are reliable and effective.
Firstly, it is made with the DECT 6.0 technology that ensures wide-range signal conveyance. Its answering machine is easy to use, with large keys for proper calls and texts. In addition, it has quality sound speakers, message recordings, call timer, caller ID, low battery notification, and key padlocks to enhance security and privacy.
- It has simple and easy to use design.
- Inbuilt answering machine with easy to use keys.
- It has a stylish design and super sleek colors hence can be displayed anywhere.
- It uses DECT 6.0 technology that promotes a wide range of a signal.
- It’s quite costly to acquire.
3. Panasonic KX- TGD 562G
This is another amazing cordless phone with a headset jack. It features link2cell that allows the use of smartphones as handsets. Amazing, right? Not to forget, DEC 6.0 technology for strong signals.
It has a caller ID that announces the name of the caller either in English or Spanish language. Also, have a block button feature that allows one to block up to 150 numbers at the same time. It’s expandable to two handsets that allow the user to retrieve and record voice mail messages.
- It has a dual-language caller ID.
- Wide range network signal coverage.
- Easy block bottom featured to block 150 unwanted calls.
- Features link2cells.
- Only suites in English and Spanish speakers.
4. AT & T TL88102 Cordless Phones With Headset
From the great AT & T Company, this is another reliable cordless phone with a headset. Similar to Panasonic, it also operates under DECT 6.0 technology for strong signals and protection against wiretapping.
It is a dual-line phone with great hearing compatibility making it suitable for seniors or people with hearing problems. It also has bright-lit keypads and high contrast LCD screen light for easy dialing and reading of texts even during the dark. Not to forget its high noise filtering technology, caller ID, call blocker, and contact phonebook capable to store 50 contacts.
- It’s a dual-line phone.
- Hearing aid compatibility making it suitable for seniors.
- Allows connection of up to 12 additional headsets.
- Supports call ID, waiting and call blocker.
- 50 contact storage capacities are on the lower side.
5. Panasonic KX- TGC352B Cordless Phones With Headset
It features a 1.6inch screen making it easier to view who is calling. Keypads are well lit making it easier to operate in a dark environment. It also features call blocker tech with the ability to filter 30 unwanted calls. Moreover, it announces the name of the caller, has an efficient power saver technology that saves your battery for better performance.
Its phonebook can store 50 contacts with two rechargeable batteries that allow making calls for almost one week without recharge. It also has a silent mode to avoid call disturbance, especially during sleeping hours.
- It features call blocking and caller ID notification.
- Has silent mode to avoid call nuisance.
- Has power-saving technology that promotes long-life battery.
- It also features a wide range of signal strength.
- Its volume is not very audible. It has less volume compared to other phones.
6. Plantronics 80057-11 CT14 Cordless Phone
It also qualifies to be among the best headset cordless phones. This is because; it has amazing features that hardly disappoint.
It boasts of a reliable noise cancellation microphone that filters out excess background noise. The phone you operate under the latest DECT 6.0 technology that limits network interference, enhancing a wide range of signal connections that extends up to 300 feet wide. In addition, it has a flexible mouthpiece to help communicate in any convenient position.
- It has long-life battery.
- Wide range of signal strength.
- High-quality call despite noisy background.
- Flexible mouthpiece for convenience headset position.
- The phone has no speed dial.
7. V Tech CS6529-2 Cordless Phones With Headset
VTech also qualifies to be among the best cordless phone with headsets. It offers a wide range of signal strength due to the high technology of 6.0 DECT. It has background noise filters and high power conservation Tech that manages energy consumption for optimum battery performance.
The phone also features caller ID/ waiting that stores over 50 calls, silent mode to block out nuisance calls, digital answering machine, bright-lit keypads for convenient usage even during dark, and a one-touch speaker button to enhance hand free conversation.
- This great phone is expandable up to 5 different handsets.
- It is possible to retrieve lost messages from handsets.
- It has three different languages in settings: English, Spanish or French.
- Well lit keypads or display screen.
- It has a low ringtone volume.
8. AT & T CL81214 Cordless Phone
Well suited for the visually impaired, this is a great headset cordless phone with large fonts, keypads, and well light screen for proper vision and readability. It has 6.0 DECT technologies for clarity and wide range connection, eco mode for prolonged battery life, and can be expandable to 12 more handsets.
Additionally, it features silence mode to avoid nuisance calls, phone book storage that can hold 50 phone numbers and names, and a caller ID/ waiting.
- It is less expensive to acquire.
- Having large fonts and big buttons and well light up.
- It is expandable to 12 more handsets.
- Also, has a wide range of network signals.
- Its speakerphone is not the best.
9. Panasonic KX- TGE 463s Cordless Phones With Headset
This is another great phone that comes with three cordless handset. It uses strong DECT 6.0 signal technology for a wide range of connections. It also features caller ID in two different languages English and Spanish that announces who is calling even before you wake up to receive the call. The phone also allows you to block up to 250 fraud calls using just a single touch button.
It filters excess background noise, has an extra rechargeable battery, 25 different ringtones, huge phone book capacity, and other useful features like baby monitor function.
- Multi-lingual call ID announcer.
- Huge phone book capacity.
- Easy to use block button that allows you to block several calls at a time.
- It guarantees quality communication by filtering excess background noise.
- Blocking previously already made calls is a hectic process.
10. V Tech DS6671 – 3 Cordless Phones
This is also a cordless headset that uses 6.0 DECT signal technology for a wide range of connections. Additionally, it has an eco mode for power conservation, silent mode to curb nuisance calls, a digital answering machine, call blocker, and caller ID.
- It has trilingual settings to choose from English, French, and Spanish.
- It has quite mode to block out disturbing calls.
- It is quite expensive to acquire.
Other Cordless Phones With Headsets
1. V Tech DS6151 2 Cordless Phone
Operates under 6.0 DECT signal for wide range connection, has caller ID, call waiting, and 50 capacity phonebook. In addition, it has an audible speakerphone, background noise filters, a backup battery, and a single dial blocking button to filter out unwanted calls.
2. Panasonic KX–TGE21OB Cordless Phone
It is a good quality cordless phone with an Eco mode for power conservation and silent mode to cut off nuisance calls. It is expandable to several headsets, features background noise cancelation and a high-quality speakerphone for convenient communication.
3. Panasonic KX–TGE232B Cordless Phone
It boasts of wide range connectivity, quality sound, call blocking that blocks up to 250 numbers, caller ID, and an optimum backup battery. In addition, the phone features a duplex speakerphone and large keypads for easy dialing and texting.
4. AT & T EL51203 Cordless Phone
It features a high-quality speakerphone for clear audibility when making or receiving a call. Handsets have a well-lit LCD screen display, large fonts, and key buttons for easy dialing and texting. It has a trilingual setup, caller ID, Eco mode, and quiet mode to silence nuisance calls.
5. Panasonic KX-TGF352N Cordless Phone
This amazing phone features a 3.4-inch display screen for maximum readability. It also features a quality speakerphone, background noise suppresser, baby monitor, and powerful battery backup that can hold up to 7 consistent hours of communication.
6. AT & T CL84107 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone
It features a modern answering machine, a well-lit LCD screen, background noise suppressor, eco, and quiet mode. It also boasts of DECT 6.0 technology, lost message retrieval, phone book capacity of 50 contacts. Moreover, it’s expandable to 12 more handsets.
Headsets are crucial in cordless phones because they boost sound quality, promote comfort during communication, filter background noise, and gives freedom of motion during communication. However, when purchasing one, you should make sure it is compatible with your cordless phone. Avoid a non-compatible headset as it might damage your phone’s headset port.