Landline are traditional home phone services that were replaced by cellular phone services. However, these services are still operational and preferred by users, especially seniors. This is because unlike cellular phone services, landline phone services are easy to use with superior voice quality among other benefits. If you need landline phone services for seniors, worry not because service providers like AT&T offers the services, not only for senior but consumers of every age. Therefore, it’s true to say that AT&T offers landline phone services for seniors.
As we shall see in this guide, AT&T has amazing deals and discounts on landline phone service for seniors. This makes it easy for seniors to access these services at an affordable rate. These services are also available across several states. These are states like Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, Texas and Oklahoma among others. In this article, we shall discuss AT&T landline phone service for seniors, benefits of these services, how to purchase AT&T landline phone services among other relatable topics. Keep reading!
Reasons For Considering AT&T Landline Phone Service For Seniors
As stated earlier, landline phone services were replaced by cellular phone services. However, a number of wireless providers still offers these services. Among these providers, AT&T outstands. Here are reasons why you should consider AT&T landline phone services for seniors over other provider:
- AT&T landline phone services offer nationwide and long distance international calling, allowing seniors to remain connected both locally and at a long distance.
- AT&T landline phone services have an affordable, discounted price.
- AT&T landline services have reliable and efficient customer service team that are available every day, to offer the much needed help to customers.
- AT&T has a wide range of landline phones that are available with convenient features, stylish colors and quality voice.
Types Of AT&T Landline Phone Service For Seniors
AT&T offers two types of landline phone services. These are:
- Traditional home phone service: Also known as standalone landline service, this is AT&T landline services without internet. With this service, you will not need internet access to make calls. This is very suitable for seniors, because they are easy to use. AT&T traditional home phone services consist of unlimited local calling and long distance plans.
- Digital home phone service: These are AT&T home phone service that work over your internet connection. Therefore, you will require a separate AT&T internet plan of 1.5 Mbps to use this service.
Ways To Purchase AT&T Landline Phone Service For Seniors 2023
Do you want to purchase landline phone service for seniors? You can do this through calling AT&T customer service team or purchase online through their APP or website. Before purchasing however, you should first check your home address to confirm which ATT landline phone service is available in your area.
To purchase online:
- Visit AT&T official website “att.com/home-phone”.
- Select your referred traditional home phone and read what the plan includes. This will help you to understand what you are about to purchase.
- Login you your ATT account online. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up using your credentials. ATT also allows you to pay as a guest without signing in. All you need to do is visit this page and tap “pay without signing in“.
Besides, you can also purchase your AT&T landline phone service through calling 800.222.0300. ATT customer representative will receive your call and guide you on how to purchase ATT landline phone service for seniors. Last but not least, you can visit AT&T physical stores and the in-store team will guide you on how to purchase your landline phone service for seniors.
AT&T Landline Phone Plan And Price 2023
For many years, AT&T has consistently managed to connect users through landline phone services. To remain relevant in the market for all those years, this company has used affordability as the trick. To be precise, AT&T landline phone plans are so cheap and affordable, a factor that makes this company outstand many others. In this section, we shall briefly discuss AT&T landline phone plans and price for you to understand better before subscribing.
- Traditional Home Phone: AT&T traditional home phone plan requires you to pay only $44 per month. The plan offers unlimited local call minutes, outstanding connection, primary residential phone number and long distance call services.
- Complete Choice Enhanced: With this plan, you will pay $58 every month. With the plan, you will enjoy: optional unlimited international call services, caller ID, speed dialing and a primary residential phone number.
- Long Distance: The price incurred when using AT&T long distance plan, is subject to factors like location. Therefore, you are required to call AT&T customer support team to inquire the price depending with your state or country of recipient. When you make the payment, you will access AT&T international plan and unlimited calling plan.
Features Of AT&T Landline Phone Service For Seniors
Purchasing AT&T landline phone service for seniors is worth it. This is because apart from accessing international calling services, you will enjoy additional features. These are features like:
- Caller ID
- Call forwarding
- Calling waiting
- Speed dialing
- Call return
- Missed call dialing
- Three way calling
- Selective call forwarding
Benefits Of AT&T Landline Phone Service For Senior
As we stated earlier, AT&T landline phone services for seniors are cheap and affordable. After purchasing these services, seniors will enjoy a myriad of other additional benefits. For instance:
- These services are very easy and simple to use
- ATT landline home phones that are built with convenient features for seniors.
- These services allow you to make both local and international calls.
- With these services, you will make international call services to several destinations.
- If you come from a low income household, with an income less than 135& of the federal poverty guideline, you will receive discounts on AT&T landline phone service for seniors through the government’s lifeline program.
Compare AT&T Seniors Landline Vs. Other Seniors Landline Phone Service
As aforementioned, there are several providers that offer landline phone service. However, AT&T is the best provider to consider. This is because unlike other carriers, AT&T customers have several landline phone services options to select. In addition, unlike other carriers, AT&T include long distance call features in their landline plans (they are optional). Lastly, unlike other carriers, AT&T offers discounts on landline phone services through Lifeline.
AT&T Landline Phone Service Installation Process For Seniors
To install ATT landline phone service, kindly follow this guideline:
- Plug one end of your phone cable at its appropriate port on your landline home base. (the home base will come with its phone cable)
- Plug the other and of the phone cable in a wall outlet
- Connect your landline home base device to a wall power outlet until it boots up
- Follow the instructions given and register device to a landline modem
- On your connected phone, dial 877.377.0016 and follow prompts to finalize your activation.
Tips To Troubleshoot AT&T Landline Phone Service For Senior
When you experience problems with AT&T landline phone service do seniors, AT&T has a very easy troubleshooting tips for you. To troubleshoot, visit this page “att.com/support/topic/local-long-distance/topic_troubleshooting4”, select the type of problem that you are experiencing and you shall be redirected to another page for solution. If your ATT landline phone needs service and repair, click on “go to services and repair” and follow prompt.
Frequently Ask Questions
Are there any limitations for AT&T’s landline phone service for seniors?
Yes, although AT&T’s landline phone service for seniors have several advantages, it has limitations. For instance, AT&T’s landline phone service for seniors are limited in certain estates. These services are available in select states only.
Is AT&T’s landline phone service for seniors reliable?
Yes, they are. AT&T is famously known as the largest wireless service provider in the country. The carrier was also rewarded as the best and most reliable network operator by GWS ONESCORE in 2022. As a result, their network is extremely efficient and reliable. This makes AT&T’s landline phone service for seniors very reliable.
What is more expensive? AT&T landline phone for seniors or cellular services?
AT&T landline phone services are slightly more expensive than cellular services. However, although AT&T landline phone services are costly, they guarantee value for money.
How long does it take to set up AT&T’s landline phone service?
The process of setting g up AT&T landline phone service is very easy and concise. The entire process can take 5 to 20 minutes or less.
What is the best alternative to AT&T landline?
Do you reside in areas where AT&T landline services are not available? Verizon landline is the best alternative because they are equally reliable. In fact, Verizon’s landline phone services are cheaper than AT&T’s landline.
Does AT&T have a free offer landline Phone service for seniors?
Not really. However, AT&T offer discounted landline phone service for seniors. To benefit, however, you must have come from a low-income household.
Can I get a discount on AT&T landline phone service through government programs?
Yes, as we have mentioned above, AT&T offers discounts on their landline phone service through the government’s lifeline program. As long as you meet the AT&T lifeline eligibility requirement, you will be good to go.
Can I keep my current phone number when I switch to AT&T landline phone service?
Yes, ATT allows you to keep your current phone number after you switch to their landline phone service. However, you will need to provide the social security number associated with your current cell plan, your current account number together with its Pin and password before transferring your number.
Is AT&T landline phone service available in my area?
As we stated earlier, AT&T landline phone services are limited in some areas and are available in 21 states only. Therefore, there is a need to check whether the services are available in your area before you purchase them. To check ATT landline phone services available in your area, open this link “att.com/plans/add-a-line” to see the name of all eligible states.
How can I cancel my AT&T landline phone service?
This is very simple. All you need to do is contact ATT through the number 800.288.2747 and request them to cancel the service for you. However, you must be the account owner for you to successfully cancel these services.
Is it possible to add additional lines to my AT&T landline phone service plan?
Yes, it’s very easy to add additional lines to any ATT services, including landline phone services. All you need to do is visit this page “att.com/plans/add-a-line”, scroll down until you find “ready to add a line now”. After, click “get started”, login to your account through providing your PIN, password, and follow prompts.
How can I pay my AT&T landline phone service bill?
This carrier has an automated self-service system that automatically deducts your bill payment when time is due. However, you can also contact AT&T at 800.288.2747, say the word “pay bill” then follow the given instructions to complete your transaction.
Can I transfer my AT&T landline phone service to a new address?
The process of transferring your AT&T landline phone service to a new address is so easy and takes few minutes. All you need to do is contact the carrier’s moving specialist through the number 800.288.2020.