Have you just received your Assurance Wireless phone and SIM card? The next thing that you should do is activate your device so that you can remain connected. Remember that Assurance Wireless is one popular free government phone provider in the US. As a result, it is the desire for this carrier to keep everyone connected, thanks to their Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program. In fact, as long as you come from a low-income family or participate in a government assistance program, be sure that you will be able to get free government phone and affordable cellphone plans in order to reduce your overall communication costs. Since most beneficiaries of this carrier’s Lifeline program would like to know how they can activate their mobile, we shall take a closer look at how to get Assurance Wireless free phone and activation process, alongside other related ideas.
About Assurance Wireless Lifeline Phone
Since you already know that this carrier offers free government phones and affordable cell phone plans, chances are that you are curious to know how you obtain your Lifeline phone so that you can keep in touch with those whom you love. As far as obtaining an assurance Wireless Lifeline phone is concerned, be sure that you can readily get it via the following methods:
- Make your application directly by visiting the Assurance Wireless website.
- Contact their customer support team on 1-888-898-4888
- Visit the National Verifier website and then make your application from that end. Although this method works magic, it is not available in all states.
- Reach out to the carrier’s representative in your locality and apply under him or her. Here, this professional will guide you on the documents that you should bring, alongside the entire activation process.
Either of these methods can work for you. However, if you are interested in the entire process, here are the essential steps that you should follow:
- First and foremost, visit “www.assurancewireless.com/lifeline-services/how-qualify”
- Here, you will be able to review the page and ensure that Lifeline program is available in your state.
- Once you are convinced that it is available in your state, check the criteria individuals from your state should meet in order to enjoy this program. You can readily check these criteria under the ‘What State do you live in?’ section.
- Under the ‘See if you qualify today’ section, tap on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Once you click on the ‘Apply now’ button, you will see a pop-up message on your screen, where you will be required to key in your ZIP code.
- Upon keying in the ZIP code, you will be redirected to the Assurance Wireless Lifeline program offered in your state. Here, you will be able to have a look at the offers this carrier’s Lifeline program has for eligible residents of your state. From the number of free minutes, you will get to the amount of data that you will get, be sure that you will get a number of details that are specific to your state. Also, you will see the kind of phones this carrier is offering.
- Choose the ‘Apply Now’ button and you will be redirected to a page where you will find the official application form
- Fill in all the necessary details and then attach any eligibility documents that you might have and then submit your application form.
- Once you submit your application form, be patient as the Assurance Wireless team reviews it.
- In case you qualify to get a free government phone, you will be notified. Also, if your application was not convincing enough, you will get a response so that you can either re-apply or consider other lucrative options.
- If you meet all the eligibility requirements, be sure that you will receive the free government phone from this carrier after a few days as well as affordable cell phone plans so that you can remain connected.
- Once you obtain the Assurance Wireless Lifeline phone, you can now go ahead and activate it so that you can enjoy the services of this carrier.
Now Steps to Activate Your Assurance Wireless Phone
Once you apply for a free government phone from Assurance Wireless, you will be required to activate it once you receive it. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- Get your phone ready
- Switch on the phone by pressing the power button of your mobile device. Here, you should hold it for a few seconds and your phone will power up.
- Once your device is powered on, the Hands-free activation process will commence. Thankfully, you do not need to disturb your device as your device can complete this process on its own.
- Let your mobile check for any available updates and then update the PRL. In case there are some updates available for your device, be sure that you will get some prompts on your screen asking you to okay them. Follow all those instructions and you will be able to update your device.
- Once the updates have been installed, your mobile device might turn off on its own. You can go ahead and restart it so that you can customize it the way you want.
- Dial 611 on your device and the follow all the guided instructions
- Here, you will be asked to submit vital details such as your Assurance Wireless account PIN. Typically, this PIN is usually located at the top of the Assurance Wireless approval letter. Once you locate it, submit it on the go.
- By submitting that PIN, your device will be activated. You can now go ahead and allow your mobile device to finish any other pending update. Once this is over, your device will be ready for use, and can start enjoying the Assurance Wireless cell phone services.
Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone Activation Guide
If you have misplaced, lost, or damaged your Assurance Wireless phone, be sure that you will get a replacement from this carrier. Once you receive it, you have to activate it so that you can continue enjoying the services of this service provider. Thankfully, the process of activating a replacement phone is not different from that of activating a new Assurance Wireless phone. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Take your mobile device and press the power button. By doing so, you will be able to switch on your replacement mobile device.
- Upon powering up, the Hands-Free activation process will kickstart. Unlike other processes, this one does not need any user interaction as your device can complete it on its own.
- Your device will check for any available updates and then prompt you to install them. For optimal results, follow all the on-screen instructions you will see and your device will be updated.
- After your device is updated, it will turn off automatically.
- You can go ahead and restart it, so that you can customize it further.
- Once you power on the device, dial 611 and follow all the instructions you will hear from the other end.
- You might be prompted to provide the Assurance Wireless account PIN. Look out for this pin on the Assurance approval letter and submit it.
- Once you submit it, your phone will be activated. Besides this, your phone number and account balance will be transferred to your mobile device.
- In case there are other pending updates, install them as prompted and you will be good to go.
- If you experience any problems during the activation process, feel free to contact the Assurance Wireless customer support team on 1-888-321-5880.
Way to Get Assurance Wireless PIN Code
As we mentioned above, you need to have the Assurance Wireless Pin code for you to activate your new or replacement model. Typically, this code is usually located at the top of the Assurance Approval letter.
However, you might not be able to access this PIN code due to one reason or another. If this happens, consider following these steps in order to activate your Assurance Wireless free phone.
- Visit “assurancewireless.com”
- Log in to your account
- Tap on the ‘Forgot Password’ button
- Key in your secret answer
In case you cannot access your account online, feel free to reach out to the Assurance Wireless customer support team on 1-888-321-5880. Thereafter, wait for help from the agent on the other side. Once you get connected to a representative or agent on the other end, you will be asked a number of questions in order to verify your identity. Also, you will be required to give your ‘Secret Asnwer’. After submitting all these details, you will be sent a PIN through a text message. You can later use the PIN to activate your mobile device.
Reasons Your Assurance Wireless Phone Not Working
Although your Assurance Wireless phone should work optimally, there are instances when it might fail to offer the much-needed results. If this happens, be sure that you skipped a certain step during the activation process.
Other times, this problem might be caused by malicious bugs among other factors. Thankfully, there are a few hacks that can help you mitigate such situations. Some of the essential hacks that can help you get started include:
- Switch off your phone first and then remove the battery. Thereafter, wait for a few minutes and then insert the battery back. After that, you can restart your device and once the phone receives the signal, make a call in order to confirm that your device has been activated successfully.
- Switch on the Airplane mode on your device for about 30 seconds and then switch it off. By doing so, the phone will lose its signal and then find it later. Once the phone gets the signal, you can make a phone call or even send a text message in order to ascertain that your device has been activated successfully.
- Reset the device. Here, you need to go to the ‘Settings’ icon and then click on the ‘Reset Network Settings’. By doing so, your device will start finding a signal that it can connect to. Once it gets the signal, try to make a call or send a text in order to confirm that the activation process was a success.
Frequently Ask Questions
Can I unlock the Assurance Wireless phone?
To start with, Assurance Wireless phones are always locked and thus have to be unlocked in order to be used on a competing carrier’s network. Thankfully, the process of unlocking this device is not difficult per se.
However, you must be able to meet the much-needed eligibility criteria. For instance, your device must have been provided by Assurance Wireless. It should not be reported as stolen or lost. Besides this, it has been in use for the last 12 months.
Can I use another phone for Assurance Wireless?
Well, unless the device in question is unlocked and is compatible with this carrier’s network, be sure that you will not be able to use it to enjoy Assurance Wireless cell phone services. Therefore, you have to unlock your device first and see if it is compatible with this carrier’s network or not.
What Phones Will Work With Assurance Wireless?
There are a number of phones that are compatible with Assurance Wireless. Some of these models include:
- Samsung J7 Refine
- Samsung Galaxy A10e
- Samsung j3 Achieve
- Motorola E5 Play
- LG Tribute Empire
- LG Tribute Dynasty
- Unimax U683CL
- Coolpad Legacy Go
- Cool Snap Flip
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6 S
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 6 S
- Apple iPhone 6 S Plus
- Alcatel Dawn
- Alcatel OneTouch Cinch
- Coolpad Snap Flip(flip phone)
- Coolpad Illumina
- Coolpad Avail
- ANS Wiko Life 2
- ANS Rapidz
- ANS Wiko Life
Does Assurance Wireless have tablets?
Not really. Instead, this carrier offers free smartphones to all eligible individuals living in the US. As long as you are eligible for the Lifeline program offered by this carrier, be sure that you can now go ahead and apply for a free smartphone from this carrier.