With the growing need to remain connected, tech industries are now making high-end mobile devices. From smartphones to tablets, there are many devices that can help you remain connected with those whom you love. Among them is a tablet. Since a tablet has a larger screen display than a normal smartphone, it comes with a cost. High-end models might make you dig deeper into your pocket. If you come from a low-income family, you might be constrained as far as purchasing this device is concerned. The good news is that Assurance Wireless enroll EBB Program, which can help you with affordable services.
Assurance Wireless is one of the best Lifeline service providers that offer free/discounted data plans, free phones, and other communication services. However, you met meet a number of eligibility criteria. In our guide today, we have discussed Assurance Wireless free tablets. Therefore, read through to the end.
Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free Tablet Under EBB Program?
No. Although Assurance Wireless offers Emergency Broadband Program, it does not offer free tablets from the government. Instead, this carrier offers free smartphones to individuals who come from low-income families and meet all the eligibility requirements. Therefore, if you are able to meet or comply with the eligibility requirements, be sure that you can now apply for a free smartphone, and you will have it within a few days.
Besides offering free smartphones, this carrier provides affordable data plans that enable individuals from low-income families to remain connected with their loved ones and friends. To put it into perspective, be sure that you will enjoy free monthly minutes depending on the state that you live in. Apart from this, you will be able to enjoy a certain amount of data on a monthly basis. Finally, you will be able to enjoy up to 10 GB of hotspot data.
What is Assurance Wireless Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
Emergency broadband benefit, EBB, is a federal communications commission limited-time program that offers free or discounted offers on communication services. Initiated in early 2021, this program aims at helping all eligible low-income families to remain connected during the COVID-19 pandemic. Note that EBB program offers are not constant. With distinct offers from other carriers, assurance wireless EBB offers helps you to enjoy the following benefits each and every month:
- Free smartphone
- Free Unlimited texts
- Free Unlimited data
- Free unlimited minutes
- Free 10GB Hotspot data.
However, to enjoy these offers, you must meet their expected requirements. That is if your income is below poverty guidelines if you are a lifeline participant or a member of any federal government aid programs.
The Assurance Wireless EBB program is limited to one eligible household and can’t be transferred to another household, however, members are free to transfer from one EBB participating provider to another.
Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free Tablet Under Lifeline Program?
Unfortunately, there is no free lifeline tablet at the moment, hence no way to get a lifeline tablet. Instead, lifeline offers free smartphones and monthly plans to eligible customers through participating cellphone providers. If you are dire in need of a free tablet, you can seek help from non-profit and charity organizations that offers free tablets.
See More: How To Get Qlink Wireless Free Tablet
How Do You Qualify for Assurance Wireless Lifeline Program?
To start with, Assurance Wireless does not issue lifeline services to just anyone out there. Indeed, you must prove that you come from a low-income family for you to be eligible for this program. Besides coming from a low-income family, your family’s gross income should lie or be below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Therefore, whether you are working or not, you can apply for the Lifeline Assistance program if you meet the criteria mentioned above. However, this program will only issue one family member per household a free tablet and affordable cell phone plans.
Apart from this, if you are enrolled in any of the following programs, you are also eligible for the Lifeline Assistance Program
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Tribal-Specific programs such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribally-Administered Temporary
- Supplemental Security Income
- Assistance for Needy Families, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIP), Head Start.
- Veteran Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs.
How Do You Get Assurance Wireless Free Tablets or Smartphones?
To start with, Assurance Wireless does not offer free tablets. However, they offer free smartphones to all individuals who meet the eligibility requirements. For you to get Assurance Wireless Free smartphones, there are two methods that you can consider. They include:
- Assurance Wireless Lifeline program
- Assurance Wireless EBB Program
When applying for a free smartphone through the Assurance Wireless Lifeline program, there are a series of steps that you should follow.
- You should visit the cell phone service provider’s official website so that you can submit your application. In this case, you should visit the official website of Assurance Wireless. Once you are on this site, you will see a number of features and options, including where you can apply for a free government smartphone.
- Click that tab and then fill in the application form. As you purpose to fill in this form, you need to check the eligibility criteria and the documents one needs when submitting his or her application. Some of the documents you need to provide include:
- Your government ID
- Any eligibility proof document.
- Proof of income or student information
- Proof of residence
- Your contact details
- Depending on the state that you live in, the eligibility criteria may differ. More importantly, you should always ensure that you give the right details and documents on the official website and then go ahead to submit your application.
- In case you do not have the documents mentioned above, take your time and look for them. This is because you might be genuinely need the smartphone, but your application may fail to be approved in case you don’t have those documents.
- Once you submit your application, Assurance Wireless will review your application and inform you whether you are eligible to get a free smartphone or not. In case your application has been approved, be sure that you will be able to get a free phone within a few days.
In Which States Currently Assurance Offers Free Tablets & Smartphones?
As we speak, Assurance Wireless offers lifeline services in over 40 states in the US. Below are some of the states to get assurance wireless free smartphones.
|New Mexico||Utah||New Jersey|
|District of Columbia||Nevada||Oregon|
If you live in any of these states and you meet the eligibility requirements, go ahead and apply for a free tablet from Assurance Wireless.
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
What is the income limit for Assurance Wireless?
For you to qualify for the Assurance Wireless Lifeline program, your income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. However, this depends on the number of households. For instance, if your household size is one member, assurance wireless annual income maximum limit is $17,388 and $0 minimum limit. If you have 3 household sizes, the income limit is $0 to $29,646 annually. For more information about your household size annual limit, visit assurancewireless.com.
How long is the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
EBB is a temporal COVID-19 emergency benefit with no concrete serving duration. Therefore, it’s uncertain how long it will last. This is because it will last until COVID- 19 Pandemic ends which no one is sure about. However, it is said to end 6 months after the end of the COVID-19 pandemic or when its allocated fund’s exhaust. Therefore, assurance wireless are expected to communicate to its customers in advance of termination.
Is Assurance Wireless giving unlimited data?
Yes. If at all you come from a low-income family, or you are enrolled in any of the government programs such as Medicaid or SNAP, be sure that you will be able to get unlimited data from Assurance Wireless. However, you have to prove that you truly deserve the plan by submitting either proof of income or proof of program participation when applying for the Lifeline program.
Coming from a low-income family should not hinder you from getting a free tablet from the government. As we speak, Assurance Wireless is now offering free tablets to all eligible individuals out there. All you need to show is proof of income or proof of program participation. After that, submit other documents as indicated above, and you will be good to go. You will receive not only a free tablet but also affordable cell phone plans that will enable you to remain connected with your loved ones. Consider the ideas mentioned above, and you will be able to obtain a free tablet seamlessly from Assurance Wireless.