With the growing need to remain connected, tech industries are now making high-end mobile devices. From smartphones to tablets, there are many devices that can help you remain connected with those whom you love. Among them is a tablet. Since a tablet has a larger screen display than a normal smartphone, it comes with a cost. High-end models might make you dig deeper into your pocket. If you come from a low-income family, you might be constrained as far as purchasing this device is concerned. The good news is that Assurance Wireless enrolls ACP Program, which can help you with affordable services.
Assurance Wireless is one of the best ACP service providers that offer free/discounted data plans, free smartphones, and other communication services. However, you met meet several eligibility criteria. In our guide today, we have discussed Assurance Wireless free tablets. Therefore, read through to the end.
Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free Tablet Under ACP Program in 2023
No. Although Assurance Wireless offers Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), it does not offer free tablets from the government. Instead, this carrier offers free smartphones to individuals who come from low-income families and meet all the eligibility requirements. Therefore, if you are able to meet or comply with the eligibility requirements, be sure that you can now apply for a free smartphone, and you will have it within a few days.
Besides offering free smartphones, this carrier provides affordable data plans that enable individuals from low-income families to remain connected with their loved ones and friends. To put it into perspective, be sure that you will enjoy free monthly minutes depending on the state that you live in. Apart from this, you will be able to enjoy a certain amount of data on a monthly basis. Finally, you will be able to enjoy up to 10 GB of hotspot data.
About Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The Affordable Connectivity Program, ACP, is a federal communications commission limited-time program that offers free or discounted offers on communication services. Initiated in early 2021, this program aims at helping all eligible low-income families to remain connected during the COVID-19 pandemic. The ACP is part of the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) EBB program. Note that the ACP program’s offers are not constant. With distinct offers from other carriers, assurance wireless ACP offers helps you to enjoy the following benefits each and every month:
- Free Smartphone
- Free Unlimited texts
- Free Unlimited data
- Free unlimited minutes
- Free 10GB Mobile Hotspot data.
However, to enjoy these offers, you must meet their expected requirements. That is if your income is below poverty guidelines if you are a lifeline participant or a member of any federal government aid programs.
The Assurance Wireless ACP program is limited to one eligible household and can’t be transferred to another household. However, members can transfer from one ACP participating provider to another.
Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free Tablet Under Lifeline Program
Unfortunately, there is no free lifeline tablet at the moment; hence no way to get a lifeline tablet. Instead, lifeline offers free monthly plans to eligible customers through participating cellphone providers, Assurance wireless ACP program free smartphones, unlimited data, text, and minutes. If you need a free tablet, you can seek help from AirTalk, Q Link, and non-profit charity organizations that offer free tablets.
See More: How To Get Qlink Wireless Free Tablet
Qualifying Guideline for Assurance Wireless ACP Program
To be eligible for the ACP benefit, you must be a low-income household with income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participate in one of several government assistance programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, or SSI.
Therefore, whether you are working or not, you can apply for the ACP program if you meet the criteria mentioned above. However, this program will only issue one family member per household a free tablet and affordable cell phone plans.
Apart from this, if you are enrolled in any of the following programs, you are also eligible for the Lifeline Assistance Program.
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Tribal-Specific programs such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribally-Administered Temporary
- Supplemental Security Income
- Assistance for Needy Families, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIP), Head Start.
- Veteran Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs.
Steps to Get Assurance Wireless Free Tablets or Smartphones
To start with, Assurance Wireless does not offer free tablets. However, they offer free smartphones to all individuals who meet the eligibility requirements. To get Assurance Wireless Free smartphones, you can consider ACP Program.
When applying for a free smartphone through the Assurance Wireless Lifeline program, there are a series of steps that you should follow.
- You should visit the cell phone service provider’s official website so that you can submit your application. In this case, you should visit the official website of Assurance Wireless. Once you are on this site, you will see a number of features and options, including where you can apply for a free government smartphone.
- Click that tab and then fill in the application form. As you purpose to fill in this form, you need to check the eligibility criteria and the documents one needs when submitting his or her application. Some of the documents you need to provide include:
- Your government ID
- Any eligibility proof document.
- Proof of income or student information
- Proof of residence
- Your contact details
- Depending on the state that you live in, the eligibility criteria may differ. More importantly, you should always ensure that you give the right details and documents on the official website and then go ahead to submit your application.
- In case you do not have the documents mentioned above, take your time and look for them. This is because you might genuinely need the smartphone, but your application may fail to be approved in case you don’t have those documents.
- Once you submit your application, Assurance Wireless will review your application and inform you whether you are eligible to get a free smartphone or not. In case your application has been approved, be sure that you will be able to get a free phone within a few days.
States that Currently Offer Assurance Wireless Free Tablets or Smartphones
As we speak, Assurance Wireless offers lifeline services in over 40 states in the US. Below are some of the states to get Assurance Wireless free smartphones.
|New Mexico||Utah||New Jersey|
|District of Columbia||Nevada||Oregon|
If you live in any of these states and you meet the eligibility requirements, go ahead and apply for a free tablet from Assurance Wireless.
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
What is the income limit for Assurance Wireless?
The income limit for the Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) varies depending on the state in which you reside. The program is generally available to households with incomes at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. To determine the specific income limits for your state, you can visit the Assurance Wireless website and click on the “Check Availability” button. From there, you will be asked to provide your zip code and directed to a page with information on the program availability in your area, including the income limits.
How long is the Affordable Connectivity Program Benefit?
The ACP is a long-term program aimed at helping low-income households stay connected for work, school, health care, and more.
Is Assurance Wireless giving unlimited data?
Yes. If at all you come from a low-income family, or you are enrolled in any of the government programs such as Medicaid or SNAP, be sure that you will be able to get unlimited data from Assurance Wireless. However, you have to prove that you truly deserve the plan by submitting either proof of income or proof of program participation when applying for the ACP program.
Coming from a low-income family should not hinder you from getting a free tablet from the government. As we speak, Assurance Wireless is now offering free tablets to all eligible individuals out there. All you need to show is proof of income or program participation. After that, submit other documents as indicated above, and you will be good to go. You will receive not only a free tablet but also affordable cell phone plans that will enable you to remain connected with your loved ones. Consider the ideas mentioned above, and you will be able to obtain a free tablet seamlessly from Assurance Wireless.