When you think of taking notes, coloring, drawing, or sketching on your iPad, the apple pencil 2 should be the first thing that comes to your mind. Apart from its efficiency in delivering and pixelating, it has a flat edge that magnetically attaches itself to pairing and automatic charging.
Apple pencil 2 is natural to use with a simple double-tapping surface. That makes it easier to work with since you don’t have to set it down to swap tools. So, if you are wondering whether this gadget is worth the hype and the cost; yes, it is. Most importantly, its features allow high-level precision, especially for graphics work.
From experience, we can confidently recommend this stylus to any experienced or aspiring artist. To justify that, read this article to see the awesome features incorporated in this pencil.
Is Apple Pencil 2nd Generation Worth It?
The apple pencil 2nd generation is proven worthy for those long sessions of working or drawing. However, its long battery life is less important as you can flexibly charge it when you take your breaks or as you take time to respond to emails. While in use, I came across a number of benefits that prove this item is worth it. Below are these benefits;
- Its price and compatibility: When you consider buying the apple pencil 2, you are simply going to part with a minimum of $129/ 119 euros. Nevertheless, this is cheap compared to the benefits you get. With the higher cost of the apple pencil 2nd gen, you are assured of a more powerful gadget with an upgraded screen quality or a 4K for easier on-screen display.
- Its design: Though both the original pencil and the apple 2nd gen are very similar in design, they have few differences worth noting. The older pencil is circular while the 2nd gen pencil has a flat age. This feature prevents it from rolling away when using it. Moreover, the 2nd gen pencil has a wooden-like texture due to its matte finish. This characteristic promotes a tighter grip thus making it easy to hold as you work.
- Light weight: An apple pencil 2 has a weight of 20.7g. It feels like a normal pencil when holding it. You are not going to weary your fingers when you have to work for long hours.
- Performance: When it comes to its performance, apple pencil 2 is awesome. It simply has no limits in delivering quality work with minimum effort. More added advantage of apple pencil 2nd gen in its performance is that it’s adaptable to different applications and brush strokes. This advantage is supported by how it recognizes both tilt and rotation movements when drawing.
Technically, this gadget has a button for easier setting up when drawing. Not a button but rather, you can double-tap on its flat edge with a simple move of your finger. Just a simple touch here, you can change from the current tool and eraser or to the last used tool. You can also show the color palette or show nothing completely.
- Storage and top up: In regard to storage, apple pencil 2nd gen has a thick edge. The device magnetically connects to the side of iPad pro thus facilitating its wireless charging method. This makes it efficient and keeps it within your reach. You will therefore never worry about where you put it last. Whenever you have your iPad, you have your pencil attached right on its side.
- The Tip: The tip of an apple pencil 2nd gen is justly hard and raps fine on the glass of your ipad. You may however be displeased by the loud and harder sound it makes when functioning. The sound depends on the type of iPad you are using.
The hard tip important as it makes the pencil more durable. You will not see any tearing or wearing off unless you try using it on fire. You are simply not going to need a replacement tip any time soon. However, you can get the tip at a cost of $19 or 19 euros for two pairs.
Apple Pencil (2nd Generation) Product Features
With the excellent great advantages, you get from apple pencil 2nd generation, you simply enjoy an unforgettable experience. Below are some of the features you get from this satisfying device;
- Apple pencil 2 is compatible with a wide variety of iPads. Some of the models compatible with it include;
- Generation 4 iPad Air,
- iPad pro-12.9-inch, 5th, 4th and 3rd generation
- iPad Pro 11-inch 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation.
- The Apple 2 pencil pairs and magnetically attaches to your device making your work easier as you draw and sketch.
- This gadget is as natural as a normal pencil. Its seamless design and comfortable texture make it easy to store.
- Everything is flexible when using the apple pencil 2 with your iPad. You can freely use your iPad as a notepad, a canvas or just anything you imagine of.
- As a modern writing instrument, it has high responsive features which best suits you when you most need it.
What is the Difference Between the Apple Pencil and Apple Pencil 2nd Generation?
Have you found yourself wondering which one you should purchase? Whether apple pencil or apple pencils 2? Well, below are the three main factors that differentiate the two devices;
- Apple pencil costs $ 99 while apple pencil 2nd generation costs $129. With these minimum prices, apple pencil 2nd gen is more expensive compared to the original apple pencil.
- The original apple pencil has a circular shape while the apple pencil 2nd gen has a flat edge. This makes the latter easier to grip and keep it from rolling away
- The apple pencil 2nd generation magnetically attaches to the side of your ipad while the 1st generation pencil attaches to some. This makes it easy to keep the first one close to the iPad.
Recommended Post: Apple Payment Plan, Bad Credit With Easy Method
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
Will there be an Apple pencil 3?
Just like many other production brands, it would be obvious to assume that the next apple pencil after the 2nd gen is 3rd generation. Though not quite sure, it is rumored that Apple has been working on the 3rd generation apple pencil with a similar design to Apple pencil 2 but made from a distinct glossy material unlike matt materials from Apple pencil 2.
However, Apple introduced a new IPad pro2021 version last week and changed from normalcy to being unique leaving many confused. This is because many expected the Apple pencil to be launched along with the new IPad pro but they dint. Perhaps, it still early and they might launch his pencil later in the year or there won’t be an Apple pencil 3
What is the best alternative to the Apple pencil?
Though apple pencils are among the best in the market, there are still more brilliant iPad pencils you can use in your work. Below is a list of pencils you can get for your iPad;
- Logitech crayon
- Adonit pixel
- Awavo stylus pen
- Wacom bamboo sketch
- Hahakee iPad stylus
- Adonit dash
Apple pencil 2nd gen is undoubtedly among the best stylus you can get from stores. Whether you prefer getting it yourself or making an online order, everything has easily been solved for you. You can get it in any means that is comfortable for you.
If you seriously consider the information above, you will effectively make the best choice of an iPad pencil during your next purchase. Be considerate enough and get your iPad the best pencils device that suits it.